Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Wrong pieces in Detective’s Office (10246)

I've been a LEGO adult builder/collector for 15+ years and I've never had such a situation. I built the Detective Office and near the end when building the roof on page 153, I was missing the 2x16 dark gray plate. Not an easily misplaced piece. In its place I had an extra 6x8 trap door frame and 2x6 light gray plate. (Weight-wise, about a 2x2 plate heavier)

I ordered a replacement part from Lego, but they're out of stock so I'm not sure how long it will be. For now I used a light gray in its place.

Comments

• akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,028
    In that thread people found that they actually just misplaced the parts by using them in wrong places. However those were all smaller parts. I don't seen how a 2x16 dark-gray plate could be misplaced, unless in was accidentally used in building the floors instead of something else. I built mine a while back and don't remember all the steps, but it would be worth going through the instruction booklet again and making sure something was not built wrong. Also, go through the parts-list and see if what you have matches. There should be no extra trap-door.
    TarDomo
  • asherkobinasherkobin Member Posts: 99
    Checking the floor construction was a good idea, but to no avail. I did count 5 trap doors and the manifest only listed 4. I did get an email this morning from Lego that they shipped the missing piece. I (heart) Lego.
    akunthita said:

In that thread people found that they actually just misplaced the parts by using them in wrong places. However those were all smaller parts. I don't seen how a 2x16 dark-gray plate could be misplaced, unless in was accidentally used in building the floors instead of something else. I built mine a while back and don't remember all the steps, but it would be worth going through the instruction booklet again and making sure something was not built wrong. Also, go through the parts-list and see if what you have matches. There should be no extra trap-door.

• TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    even lego sometimes fails