Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

London Toy Fair 2015

13»

Comments

• SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,809
    ^ A fair point but looking at the last wave of castle it was more about the colors and design that made it feel younger rather than the parts although the castle did have larger panels. The new pirates range does look younger than some of the older ones.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,288
    Dedgecko said:

Well suck. Perhaps I should just hold off until a better version comes out that isn't so Juniorized.

If anything I'd say people holding out will reduce the likelihood of any more Pirates sets this time. If you want the theme to continue you have to support it in some way.
    Aanchir
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    So after looking at all the reports, there hasn't been a sign of TMNT anywhere...does that mean the line is dead?
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Probably - replaced by Scooby Doo?
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,288
    Was expectin green goblin with that CMF goblin hat. It was just too perfect for him.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    edited January 2015
    ^ I meant to say that he did indeed have the Goblin hat piece, unsurprisingly. His appearance made up for the lack of a Killer Croc figure I think.

By the way, I can't believe I forgot to mention this before as it was one of things I was most excited about - there is an actual Green Goblin minifigure in one of the Juniors sets!

I think he even had a pumpkin bomb and flyer, so that will be a must buy for me.

How big was this Junior set and who was in it, did DC get one too?
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Oh no another Juniors set that I have to buy for the minifigs. I hate having to buy juniors sets
    ^ Is it bad that I kind of liked making the last junior set I got.
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,311
    Yes.
    Very bad.
    BumblepantsPitfall69epyon396
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,547
    Any info on more Juniors sets in general @CapnRex101 and @Huw?
    We usually get a nice "girly" set in that theme too, though we do have the cool supermarket (giant cereal box!) and beach trip (return of the chihuahua!) sets in this wave I suppose.
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    SMC said:

^ Is it bad that I kind of liked making the last junior set I got.

If I am honest I enjoyed it a little too much too :)

• CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    edited January 2015
    @SMC - I wouldn't have thought it would be more than a £25 set as it certainly wasn't nearly as large as the Batcave from last year. I can't honestly remember what was in it other than Green Goblin and his flyer, but it seemed fairly small. I didn't see one for DC.

@LostInTranslation‌ - I only noted two things from the Juniors sets. One was the existence of a Green Goblin minifigure and the other was a nice looking supermarket set. It was only when I got to the LEGO Store later that I realised the supermarket was already out! There were quite a few 2H sets there though so one was bound to be geared towards girls.

The first area you reach when going into the stand was Duplo and I coincidentally mentioned to @drdavewatford‌ how irritating it was that Duplo had a comic book Green Goblin but not System. Seconds later we walked over to Juniors and there it was :)
    LostInTranslationAdzbadboy
    Thanks @CapnRex101 smaller is better for these Junior sets as I don't want to be paying for too many large parts, hope its £20 or less but its odd that DC didn't get one as last time they came out together.
  • PlellPlell Member Posts: 192
    So there's a Duplo Spider-Man set? Was there a new DC set as well? I remember seeing a Duplo Wonder Woman on Taobao; I assume she's coming out in the summer wave.
    Kleiovous
  • ccjwprongsccjwprongs UKMember Posts: 87
    There's a Duplo DC summer set with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. I don't remember anything about the set itself though.
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    Shib said:

Was expectin green goblin with that CMF goblin hat. It was just too perfect for him.

I believe I called this one back when the series 13 pics leaked in the fall (kidding, I have no proof that I was the first to predict this). But I'm actually thrilled to see that my prediction is coming true!
  • DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    waynegg said:

Digging for a leaked picture of Jokerland I came across an article saying it has a Ferris wheel. Is it like the theme park from LEGO Batman 2? Does it have other rides like the bumper cars and/or arcades? I also came across a woderfully ironic photo of a 4' tall meccano robot with its creator posing beside it and with a very prominent 'no photography' sign in the background :)

The robot you referred to is from Mecanno, I wonder if it will be any competition for EV3. http://www.breakingnews.ie/business/meet-meccanoid-the-robot-you-can-build-yourself-658891.html
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    Shib said:

Dedgecko said:

Well suck. Perhaps I should just hold off until a better version comes out that isn't so Juniorized.

If anything I'd say people holding out will reduce the likelihood of any more Pirates sets this time. If you want the theme to continue you have to support it in some way.
    I said "perhaps"

Nothing is final, and up until my original comment, I was planning on purchasing the full line, day one. But the only pirate sets I ever had were those from the 90's, and they seem more mature than what I see being released, and appear to pale In comparison to those released in 2009 (I think--dark ages and all).