Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Top Gear trailer made in LEGO

PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,220
edited January 2015 in Everything else LEGO
I don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but Top Gear's trailer for their new series has been done in LEGO. Or at least, a rendered version anyway.

Does this lend weight to the rumoured Top Gear sets?
CapnRex101T_LarsLegoKiprancorbaitAndorLego_Starmonkey_rooAdeelZubairGothamConstructionCo

Comments

• LosimagicLosimagic UKMember Posts: 397
    The Speed Champion sets are in the studio.
  • MumboMumbo PE2Member Posts: 14
    Great stuff :smile:
  • T_LarsT_Lars USAMember Posts: 104
    I have now been inspired to MOC a Hammerhead Eagle i Thrust.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,950

Does this lend weight to the rumoured Top Gear sets?

I really, really hope so.
    But as @Losimagic‌ says, all the cars shown are upcoming Speed Champions sets. Maybe we'll see some Speed Champions "with Top Gear" sets or something, where they just throw the presenters in as drivers/extra minifigs.

Still, fingers crossed for official versions of some of TG's classic challenge cars...
    Andor
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    edited January 2015
    Animation by the lovely Chris Salt, who did the Exo reveal clip and loads of other brilliant films including this for New Elementary, bless his cotton socks.
    SirKevbagsLegoKiprancorbaitbluemooseLego_StarAdeelZubairGothamConstructionCo
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    And before I get flamed here too...apparently the models are by some guy called Peter Reid.
    LegoKipAndor
  • LegolovermanLegoloverman United KingdomMember Posts: 24
    I should point out that Jeremy Williams and Craig from LEGO also contributed models for the film.
    Andor
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    Nice stuff! I would totally enjoy this show more if it wasn't for the main host.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,741
    While we're having a Chris Salt love-in, I have to give a shout out to my favourite stop-motion clip which was, of course, a Chris Salt creation.... The combination of the animation and facial expressions plus the deliciously retro soundtrack is a real winner!

AndorbluemoosecaperberryAdeelZubairGothamConstructionCoLegoloverman
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    If we're having a Chris Salt love-in, I have a hard time choosing a fave between his music video for Fight Like Apes' "Knucklehead"...

and the '6 Records' (aka BBC 6 Music) support video ...

I love all of Chris's stuff, but these are the best as far as I'm concerned :-)

Ian
    Lego_StarcaperberryLegoloverman
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    And.... LEGO sales plummet in Argentina.
    SuperTrampRevBlues
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Surely this is screaming out for a more edgy LEGO Clarkson video - perhaps reciting a favourite nursery rhyme, pointing out the slope on a wooden bridge, with some sniggering for effect, or putting an entire production crew in danger because you are a complete and utter bellend.
  • jondesouzaCEjondesouzaCE UKMember Posts: 242

Surely this is screaming out for a more edgy LEGO Clarkson video - perhaps reciting a favourite nursery rhyme, pointing out the slope on a wooden bridge, with some sniggering for effect, or putting an entire production crew in danger because you are a complete and utter bellend.

Look at the slope on that Lego bridge. It's a cheese slope.

Although I suppose it's difficult for Lego Clarkson to be a racist when everybody has a yellow face.
    plasmodiumRevBlues