Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Please welcome a new moderator

HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,457
I am delighted to announce that Chris Pearce, AKA CapnRex101, is now a forum administrator and moderator.

From Monday he will also be Brickset ltd.'s first paid employee, working on the site part time whilst at university.

He'll be performing daily moderation tasks for the forum, contributing news and reviews on the main site, carrying out data administration on the set database and responding to emails from site users.

Please welcome and congratulate him!
SirKevbagsShibCupIsHalfEmptycollect_thatsidersddLegoboycarlqLostInTranslationBrickDancerBumblepantsmessyyys4uLobotdougtsdrdavewatfordLegoKipsamiam391EKSambluemoosejeremy1973chuckpLegobrandonCPmargotaimlesspursuitslegomattVaderXrancorbaitPitfall69cheshirecatGothamConstructionComonkey_rooEddieDoesntMindBuzzsawsnowhitiebrickedinDrLegOBrickMrs_WobbleheadBrickarmorthenosCaptain_EyebrowGalactusPurploroslegonut80DanGPBOBJACK_JACKBOBJenniHothWampared237Daraghhkcrazy88jadedancRonyaremilewskiricecakekezpiratemania7Goldchains

Comments

• SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Well done Chris and congratulations. Need to step up your work rate from Brick 2014 though, no time to be sitting idle here ;-)
    ShibcarlqPitfall69CapnRex101obi_g
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,218
    Well done Capn. Keep up the good work!
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Nice one Chris!
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    Congratulations, Cap'n. Does this mean we'll see even more of your reviews, now that you'll be able to afford even more sets? Hope so! ;-)
  • WallaceWallace Member Posts: 134
    Congratulations, nice work.
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    welcome
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    "He said captain, I said wot, He said captain, I ..." ...said Congratulations!
    carlq
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Congrats!
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    Couldn't happen to a nicer fellow.
    Your reassurances during my Secret Santa fretting which I'm just now making public, exemplify the character of a good moderator (and a kind human being).
    Well done, Chris.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,261
    Welcome to the team, Chris - really pleased to have you on board!
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    Huw said:

... Brickset ltd.'s first paid employee ...

Chris - awesome news; what sort of medical & pension package is Huw offering? ;-)

Ian
    margot
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited January 2015
    Can't believe they didn't pick me (lol), I mean, Congrats @CapnRex101!

Thoroughly deserved.
    (I actually thought 'The Capn' was a member of staff already).

I am looking forward to getting started... Properly! Maniacal Laugh... Maniacal Laugh...

what i read. ;oP
    I've been watching too many disney cartoons...
    carlqCapnRex101
    edited January 2015
    I just noticed... Whenever @margot 'likes' something, an At-At visits a proctologist. ;oP

(see the bluemoose post above). :oD
    BumblepantscheshirecatmessycarlqCapnRex101natro220Goldchains
    edited January 2015
    Wedge Antilles: Whack! That wrecked 'em.
    (say it out loud) ;o)
    carlq
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited January 2015
    Congrats, Chris! :)
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    bluemoose said:

Huw said:

... Brickset ltd.'s first paid employee ...

Chris - awesome news; what sort of medical & pension package is Huw offering? ;-)

Ian
    I think @drdavewatford was wondering the same. ;-)
    Pitfall69
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    legomatt said:

I just noticed... Whenever @margot 'likes' something, an At-At visits a proctologist. ;oP

Lol. Now you're going to get @Pitfall69 to experiment with a new photo..

carlq
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,859
    Well done and good luck!
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,375
    margot said:

legomatt said:

Not going to experiment, but I remember when I was very young my friend and I were playing in my room and he pushed me and i fell backwards and fell...well...sat on a Darth Vader action figure. I'm sure in the almost 40 years of Star Wars action figures, someone has visited a proctologist with an AT-AT driver stuck in them ;)

legomattrancorbait
    Pitfall69 said:

and fell...well...sat on a Darth Vader action figure. I'm sure in the almost 40 years of Star Wars action figures, someone has visited a proctologist with an AT-AT driver stuck in them ;)

And Vader got a proton rocket up his exhaust port. Funny how the world works... ;oP
    Pitfall69
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    I hope @CapnRex101‌ is proud of the direction his welcome thread has gone... May your moderatorship be more auspicious than your welcome would portend, oh Cap'n my Cap'n.

That said, my tablet wants to autocorrect auspicious to suspicious. Whatever floats your boat...
    CapnRex101
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 621
    Pitfall69 said:

margot said:

legomatt said:

Not going to experiment, but I remember when I was very young my friend and I were playing in my room and he pushed me and i fell backwards and fell...well...sat on a Darth Vader action figure. I'm sure in the almost 40 years of Star Wars action figures, someone has visited a proctologist with an AT-AT driver stuck in them ;)

"Darth Vader" was the plot of a Saturday Night Live sketch last season (with guest host Louis CK asking his doctor to check whether a Darth Vader action figure was stuck...in there...).
    Pitfall69