Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

FT UK 7740 Inter-City Passenger Train Set

EracerMikeyEracerMikey ScotlandMember Posts: 25
Hi Folks
I had the good fortune to stumble across a partially complete 7740 a few months ago at a car boot sale. Through various bricklink orders I've added to it but it's still not quite complete, however it did turn me on to Lego City Trains as a theme, a birthday and a Christmas later I have a 7938 and a 60052(Lucky me!)
Looking back at sets I've missed out on, I'd would of really liked Maersk Train 10219 but now it's retired and silly season has been declared on the 2nd hand market. My plan was to complete the 7740 put it on ebay and use the proceeds to get a Maersk Train, what's frustrating me with this plan is that Ebay will get their cut, paypal will get another cut and whoever I buy the Maersk Train will have their pockets lightened by the same companies. I'm not decrying these companies, they do a fantastic job and provide a great service, but if there is someone out there that would rather have a 7740 instead of the 10219 I'd like to here from you.

PM if this has sparked your interest.