Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Helicarrier available 17th February?

Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
So I read that the Helicarrier will be available to VIPs just over a month away. Can't find any details about price or pictures yet which seems strange to me. Anyone got anything?

Comments

• akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,032
    Nope... nothing. No pictures, no details... also, keep in mind that although it is believed that the Helicarrier will be the set available for VIPs next month, this is not official information directly from LEGO. I'm thinking though that we should know something within the next week or so. ;)
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    I would think they would release the Helicarrier closer to the Avengers 2 movie. Makes most sense. But of course Lego has come out of nowhere before with sets
  • Captain_EyebrowCaptain_Eyebrow Test Valley, looking at that new brand store that is coming to Southampton by Christmas 2019 . . . .Member Posts: 139
    SPOLIER ALERT - don't read useless you've seen Captain America: The Winter Soldier or are upto date with Mavel's Agents of Shield.

Maybe but in the cinematic universe the helicarriers were part of the Shield that was disassembled in Captain America: The Winter Soldier so I would be suprised if they were in Age of Ultron. So if there is no tie in with Age of Ultron why wait to release it?
    Andor
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 783
    According to a leaked list (that I will refrain from posting in its detailed entirety) that stated what exclusive sets and promos will release when, the Helicarrier is indeed due on the 17th of February for VIPs.
    It came from a reliable source, and several Lego Ambassadors here on Brickset have hinted at many of the sets on that list for nearly six months. However, we won't now how legitimate this list will be until the next D2C set is given a press release.
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    ^when do you reckon the press release will be what with it onlt being a month away?
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,288
    The New York toy fair is in a few weeks, perhaps then?

Lego tends to do a number of releases during that fair, albeit most of them are usually not that much of a surprise.
    andheKevin_Hyattchuckp
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    Trouble with the New York Toy Fair is it's RIGHT before the supposed release. I imagine LEGO will have given some review copies to sites shortly before release and the timing would be extremely tricky.
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247

Trouble with the New York Toy Fair is it's RIGHT before the supposed release. I imagine LEGO will have given some review copies to sites shortly before release and the timing would be extremely tricky.

The Sea Cow was officially revealed a day before its early release at the Toy Fair. But, will this be revealed at Brick Fair Alabama this weekend? Are they doing an exclusive reveal?

• MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    I wonder if they will go down the route the did with the Tumbler and provide a stand with a couple of figures to tempt people, (like me). As I'm sure I would love the set, but for me its the figures I collect, so without any (as its not going to be minifig scale) I would likely pass it by. But bundle a couple of figures exclusive to that set in their and I'll have to do what I did with the Tumbler and buy it, remove the figures then flip the set on ebay.

And If they do provide figures which ones? I guess it would have to be ones from The Winter Solider? We already have CA, Black Widow, Falcon and Fury and from what I've read we are getting a Winter Solider Poly at some point this year. So maybe just different prints? CA in his black suit maybe and another WS as the two main hero and villain characters, as per the Tumbler? or maybe the WS poly will be the promo you get with the VIP access to the Helicarrier?
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,876

They've done this before. The sites/reviewers are just told to have an embargo until the official reveal.

• AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,626
    To be honest I'd rather it not have any figures and drop it's price by £50. But I'll have to wait an see before I make any judgements.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,262
    ^Without figures they might price it £10 lower but no way would it be £50 cheaper for not having figures, unless it comes with 10 figures. I'd say between 2-4 figures is most likely. I'd think that Coulson is a fairly safe bet as a lot of mini figure collectors have been after him, but I suspect to the average kid a Coulson fig would just be a boring guy in a suit.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    I am hoping we see an outwardly accurate model.for display with removable deck panels to access the minifigure scale rooms inside. The control room with conference table is a necessity and I would also like Bruce Banner's lab and the prison cell seen in The Avengers.

For minifigures I would like:

Nick Fury
    Agent Coulson
    Maria Hill
    Captain America (Winter Soldier suit)
    Falcon (Winter Soldier suit)
    SHIELD Guards x2 (just generic guards like those in the films)
    I reckon itll come with Coulson, Maria Hill a new Cap, 2x Shield Agents, 2x hydra soldiers and a baddie. Would have gone for Winter Soldier but with the poly out soon i m doubtful.

I also reckon it'll come with one of those drones that catch you as you fall off the helicarrier in the game.
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248

I am hoping we see an outwardly accurate model.for display with removable deck panels to access the minifigure scale rooms inside. The control room with conference table is a necessity and I would also like Bruce Banner's lab and the prison cell seen in The Avengers.

For minifigures I would like:

Nick Fury
    Agent Coulson
    Maria Hill
    Captain America (Winter Soldier suit)
    Falcon (Winter Soldier suit)
    SHIELD Guards x2 (just generic guards like those in the films)

I'm thinking the first three for sure. Since those are characters that AFOLS want, and may not be of highest interest to kids. ;)
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    ^My vote also goes to Maria Hill and Agent Coulson. If it's not going to be a minifig scale UCS set, then I'd imagine it will include a maximum of 2 minifigs, for a display stand like the Tumbler. It would be nice if it had minifigs we haven't had already.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,381
    I guess a lot depends on whether they go down the Sandcrawler route, i.e. a good bit of play function with 12 figures or the SSD route which is all display with a few token figures (5 I think).

I also think the model will be film agnostic allowing them to add in any figure they like, which sort of makes sense.

Hill, Coulson and Fury would be fantastic as figures and I think we will see them but after that its anyone guess.

Quite excited though, and amazing that nothing has leaked out yet.
    My moneys on it being like SSD: huge model with a few minifig for the collectors
  • MccutchenMccutchen Member Posts: 37
    Can't wait for this set! Maybe we will get pics soon!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,116
    edited January 2015
    I expect it will be minifigure heavy. Probably not as many as Ewok Village or Death Star but I would be surprised if it is less than eight. They know a few new figures and costumes will sell this set
    LostInTranslationdougts
    Yeah, I want it to be as spectacular the Super Star Destroyer with a few figures: Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Agent Coulson, Falcon, Captain America. I think it will be mainly based off Captain America: The Winter Solider but like the Tower Orthanc it will have small scenes/ rooms from other movies.
    Shib
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,412
    Since Agents of Shield is part of the Marvel movie universe, I'm hoping for the whole cast.
    Andor
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    Hate to be a spoiler here but it's Director Coulson (not Agent)
    Give the man some credit
    chuckpAndor
  • MccutchenMccutchen Member Posts: 37
    When will we get pics! Anyone work at Lego and can give us some pics?
    Andor
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,288
    ^If any LEGO employee did that so blatantly they would be liable to get fired, and maybe more.

At most, we could hope for a leak. Personally, I like the pre- set release hype. Either way, we're bound to get pictures relatively soon. Just be patient! :)
  • ^I quite doubt LEGO would accidentally let another leak involving this set get out, particularly given that they unintentionally revealed part of the set in the video for the Detective Agency.

Anyways, pre-release hype can be a powerful thing- just look how it helped the Exo-Suit and Bionicle.
  • DevastatorDevastator Member Posts: 66
    Someone, somewhere has got to be able to get us the scoop on this, no? For the love of brickset, someone has to be able to tell us something... I'm on the fence right now, but if it's on the similar magnitude as SSD, I'm gonna have to figure out how to squirrel away $350 quick!
    ^you might not need $350; maybe its the first in a range of Marvel Microfighters! Chibi-Carrier with Coulson minifig! :)
    ShibcarlqAdzbadboyAndorobi_g
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,308
    ^Don't say that! I'm expecting a 1:1 scale behemoth made out of 14 kerjillion parts that has to be delivered to your home on a convoy of trucks.
    obi_g
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,262
    @BooTheMightyHamster‌ - a micro fighter one still could be delivered by the truckload...

BooTheMightyHamstercarlqRonyarKevin_HyattAdzbadboy
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,116
    I am betting on a Bruce Banner in lab attire with a two sided head. One side with a regular face and the other with green angry eyes/about to rage. This would be a great set to put a Banner fig in since it wouldn't be a big draw for kids to system sets but would be a huge draw to the older crowd who will be buying this one
    CapnRex101korDanGPAdzbadboyRonyarAndorLostInTranslationjohnhenzcarlq
  • johnhenzjohnhenz Sunderland, EnglandMember Posts: 98
    Hopefully it gets revealed today
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 479
    Anything going on today that it could revealed at?
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 526
    isnt the london toy fair on soon?
    Brickfair alabama is today and tomorrow, so hopefully hear something soon.
    LegoTT
    Wish I was in Alabama!
    LegoTT said:

Wish I was in Alabama!

Me too! Argh! I really hope we hear something today can't wait for this set
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I'll be interested to see how well this set does. In my mind, that is too much money for a set, so it will be a tough sell. However, every other set seems to sell out quickly, so this will likely be the same. I'm guessing out of stock/ship in 30 days within the first 2 days of being released officially (not VIP release).

As far as figures go, you'd expect them to use figures adult collectors want, but isn't this really for the kids? Aren't kids scraping up $350 doing their paper routes (do they exist anymore) or lemonade stands?...

• chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    This is going to sound odd, but is there anyone else who was glad to see the $350 price tag on this thing? $350 means the Helicarrier should be on par with the UCS Star Destroyers. To do it right and really make it a proper display piece, I think it needs to be around 3000 pcs. This is definitely a personal first, but in this case I think the higher the price, the better.
    johnhenzBrickDancer
    I'll buy it as my first large scale spaceship- I'll likely sell it after it goes EOL, though. No idea where I would display it long term.
    I have my super heroes sets in two separate display cabinets (marvel in one and dc in the other). I have to admit my marvel one is massively underwhelming compared to the dc one. Which is frustrating as I actually prefer marvel. I'm hoping/preying it has Coulson in. I'd hate to be disappointed so I don't want to set the bar high on the helicarrier itself but I agree the high price definitely indicates a load of pieces, so yeah hopefully it's an enjoyable build. Well for that price it better be!
    chuckpAndor
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    @chuckp - I couldn't agree more. The Helicarrier deserves a huge model and that means a high price point! I am not expecting it to be as long as the Super Star Destroyer as it will be wider, taller and hopefully have a few minifigure scale rooms inside.
    chuckpDrLegOBrickAndor
    I have high hopes for the UCS Helicarrier because Marcos Bessa designed it and he doesn't disappoint :D
    DrLegOBrickchuckpCapnRex101Andor
    @CapnRex101 That was exactly what I was thinking. Not as long, but definitely wider than a SD to accommodate the flight decks and hopefully with some micro or mini scale quinjets. The Helicarrier is THE flagship set for Marvel and it has to be big.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,247
    At $350 (SDD was $400) and hopefully better detail, wider, deeper and with some actual interior, I would be surprised if it is even as long as 10030. My guess is it'll be about halfway between 10030 and the current ISD.
    chuckp
    Adzbadboy said:

I have high hopes for the UCS Helicarrier because Marcos Bessa designed it and he doesn't disappoint :D

You're right about that. The Milano and original Quinjet are probably the two best non-UCS Super Heroes sets made.
    Andor
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 163
    Has there been a confirmed piece count? I've been really excited for this ever since the model on Ideas hit 10k. The smaller version he made had 6700 pieces, if it's close to that it could be the largest set (piece count at least), which is what I'm hoping for. =)

With the $350 it's hard to say where it would fall. The average price for sets above 3000 pieces is $303 with a piece count of 3900 (the actual size of the set/# of pieces plays a role into the price...IE, the Millennium Falcon costs more and has less pieces than the Taj Mahal, but it is larger than the Taj Mahal; same things goes for the Death Star). Here's a quick break down of prices and pieces of some of the larger sets.

$200 - 3500 pieces:
    http://brickset.com/sets/10181-1/Eiffel-Tower
    $220 - 4300 pieces:
    http://brickset.com/sets/10214-1/Tower-Bridge
    $250 - 3300 pieces:
    http://brickset.com/sets/10196-1/Grand-Carousel
    $270 - 3500 pieces:
    http://brickset.com/sets/10143-1/Death-Star-II
    $270 - 3100 pieces:
    http://brickset.com/sets/10030-1/Imperial-Star-Destroyer
    $300 - 6000 pieces:
    http://brickset.com/sets/10189-1/Taj-Mahal
    $300 - 3300 pieces:
    http://brickset.com/sets/75059-1/Sandcrawler
    $320 - 3000 pieces:
    http://brickset.com/sets/10234-1/Sydney-Opera-House
    $400 - 3800 pieces:
    http://brickset.com/sets/10188-1/Death-Star
    $500 - 5200 pieces :
    http://brickset.com/sets/10179-1/Ultimate-Collector-s-Millennium-Falcon

As some have said in other threads, Lego has raised their prices. I'm hoping there's over 6000 pieces and that it looks similar to the Ideas build, but that's probably wishful thinking. Taking into consideration the prices and piece counts sets like Tower Bridge and Taj Mahal it's still a possibility.
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    What was the evidence that the Feb VIP release would be the helicarrier rather than something else?

Are we sure it's not the Simpsons Kwik-E-Mart? That'd be about a year on from the house wouldn't it?
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,342
    ^^$350 & 6000+ pieces in a licensed set? In your dreams. Will be <4000 IMO
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 163
    That's why I said it is wishful thinking. :wink: That's something I didn't look at though (for the above calculations). If you look at just the licensed (Star Wars) products, the average cost is $356.67 with a piece count of 3658.

$500 - 5200
    $400 - 3800
    $400 - 3150
    $300 - 3300
    $270 - 3400
    $270 - 3100