After 4 weeks of what felt like a battle more than a build, I've finally put the final piece in place on cavegod's AT-AT. Ever since I first saw pictures of it several years ago I've always wanted to try my hand at building it. However, there never seemed to be an opportunity, until a few weeks ago when cavegod ironically posted a listing of someone selling all the pieces to the AT-AT which he wanted taken down due to copyright. In an effort to appease cavegod (my excuse) I purchased the listing.
A week later, the pieces arrived, and I dove in head first. After hours of building, improvising, fixing, building, improvising, rebuilding, fixing, improvising (you get the gist)... I have finally completed the monster roughly 3 weeks later. While I have my concerns over it falling over at the slightest touch, I'm in awe of Pete's creation. The attention to detail is simply incredible, you can't ask for much better. The scale is quite impressive too, as you can see from the (poorly and hastily taken) pictures below.
Special thanks to @drdavewatford @Brew @graphite @ecmo47 @cavegod
for their help. I'm quite certain that without their input and suggestions I would not have been able to complete this set. So thank you very much.
Also, it only feels right to direct anyone interested in this set to @cavegod
. Shoot him a PM and he'll send you the instructions for a very small, well deserved sum.
Such a great looking MOC :)
Mine beast is kind of lazy and has been posed like this for a while. I need to apply the cattle prod to get him up for a show in February!
You are correct. There are actually a few things "off" with my model including:
-A few minor detail pieces that fell off
-Front and back roof portions not flush with the sides
-Lower side hinges not swung in at an appropriate angle
However, for now I'm just enjoying looking at the completed project. I'm sure one day I'll work up the courage to mess with the model and make these corrections, but for now... I'm just soaking in the fact it's still standing.