Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What part desperately needs a new mo(u)ld?

Rolyat24Rolyat24 PA, USAMember Posts: 41
Lego has, especially in recent years, updated quite a lot of their molds. The horse, pirate bandanna, and crocodile have all undergone changes pretty recently. Other, less prominent changes have occurred in arches and jumper plates, changes which, if not for the New Elementary, I would never have noticed. My question to you is what part you think most deserves an updated mold next. I personally would change the book piece. I've never been a big fan of it and I think TLG could do a whole lot better. Thoughts?
Andor

Comments

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    These:

imageimage They need a version where there are studs on top of the technic beam parts, so you they would be like technic bricks instead. It would be very useful if you didn't always have to attach them from the side :/
    Jenni
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited January 2015
    Also, I find it quite annoying that there are no inverted versions of this slope: image

But I guess that's where SNOT comes in :)
    binaryeye
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,298
    I'd prefer new parts rather than updated existing parts. The problem with updating is that parts don't always match older ones - you have to be careful with arches for examples.

If new moulds are allowed, then a 1x1 brick with studs on 2 adjacent sides, and studs on three sides.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,038
    The robot ar. It is an excellent and very useful piece, but LEGO changed something on it recently and since then it falls off even if you look at it wrong. They are prominent as the shoulder pads on the Exo-Suit that always fall off, and at that time LEGO said it was a faulty batch or something, however then later the same element appeared in the Parisian Restaurant, and it has the same problem. I was able to change the ones on the Exo-Suit by buying another, stronger batch on BrickLink. And for the Parisian Restaurant I'm using blu-tack to keep up the lights in the balcony. Such a shame. We shouldn't be needing to use blu-tack or glue to keep LEGO elements together. :(
  • 19741974 Member Posts: 141
    They're falling off precisely because the mold is worn out. So this part certainly needs a new mold