Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Kwik-E-mart

3stackshs3stackshs Member Posts: 299
Anyone notice the [email protected] VIP promo ends on 31 Jan and the coming soon promo just shows the Simpson house? Think we might see the Kwik-E-Mart in Feb?

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,242
    edited January 2015
    This list says April, with Feb for the Helicarrier ...

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/18029/2015-large-set-list
  • 3stackshs3stackshs Member Posts: 299
    Yeah I have seen that. Possible it's wrong or they are just going to do a deal on the house or maybe CMF series 2?
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    edited January 2015
    Odd that we've not seen leaks of whatever it is yet, seeing as its less than a month away now.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,412
    I don't think they'll get rid of the house. After all, it is THE main location for the Simpson's. The Kwik-E-Mart on the other hand will probably have a shorter shelf life. Hopefully, replaced by something else in the Simpson's universe.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,626
    ^^I really hope The Simpsons House is the next Death Star for and sticks around for several years, it gives me more time to get it :)
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,401
    The Simpsons House was fun to build. Most enjoyable Lego set in recent memory.
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    Agreed, lots of unique features that bring back memories...even if they didn't get the house quite right. It still looks about as good as they could get it without it costing $500...
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    I'm hoping they do one of these big sets every year for a few years, we could get some interesting settings - Springfield Elementary, the power plant, and probably only in my dreams, Moe's. They could make it downtown Springfield or something, with a variety of shops like the music store etc, so it's not centered on the bar.
  • black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    Lego could go nuts with this property. So many characters and locations. I hope they get the most out of it.
    Adzbadboy
    ^^Hopefully it's the next LEGO Star Wars :D
  • ChgoMattChgoMatt USAMember Posts: 108
    February Store Calendar says VIPs get early access to a new Exclusive LEGO set, 17th - 28th.
    Likely to be the Helicarrier.
  • ChgoMattChgoMatt USAMember Posts: 108
    VIP offer of the month for January is double points on #2856081 LEGO® Star Wars™ Darth Vader Minifigure Clock. Perhaps there will be double points on the Simpsons House in February.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    There's a picture floating around of a retail catalog with the Kwik-E-mart. Looks like a place holder image to me. Has a price of $349.99 and avaliable Aug/Nov. Not sure where it's from but artical I read suggested maybe New Zealand although that was more of a guess.
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    edited January 2015
    {Link to confidential image removed}
    edited January 2015
    Another quick search and the above image is a Lego ideas set

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/58196
    If it looks like the one on ideas, it is a pass from me. It is going to have to have a lot of interesting internal features to overcome the rather boring exterior.
    It was the exact same has the one on idea's, it would also have been a pass from me.
    Lego probably need to be a bit careful if they are using a submission from ideas, even as a placeholder, in a retail / store use only catalogue. I'm assuming this set is not going to be a lego ideas set, where the designer of the ideas submission gets payment for it, but an in-house lego designed set. Yet if the designer of the submission gets wind that his version is being used to sell the set to stores, then he may have a genuine complaint that he is not being compensated for his work.

No doubt lego have covered their backsides in the T&C at ideas, but it seems wrong if they are using other people's MOCs / submissions to sell future sets.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,262
    Or the use of that image is a hoax, which I far more likely in my opinion.
    NickF22CCCcheshirecathewman
  • 19741974 Member Posts: 141
    Those doors are 1x4x5, discontinued in 97/07. If TLG is gonna do Kwik-e-mart they got enough wellpaid designers to turn up something pretty decent. They do not, and do not have to, look at Ideas/Cuusoo at all

I actually think the designers make a point never to go to that website at all
    This one is much better: https://flic.kr/p/o6XPtg

What I don't understand is the price, if it's similar to this, then it shouldn't be no more than £100.
    It's not clear yet what the piece count is or which / how many minifigs are included. It is also not clear what currency the dollars are mentioned above - presumably not USD. The EU price is 200 Euro (as in the main database) so it is going to cost more than £100.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Some one who works at TRU here in Australia, posted some info (on another forum) about what is most likely the Kwik-E-Mart. He said "Just saw it on our system. Just says Simpson's 2015 $329.99 in August". This is the same price as the Simpson's House, so I would asume it will be similar in size and piece count.