Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What? But they said he was just a myth!

manmythicmanmythic CanadaMember Posts: 22
My account may be two years old, but I've only started posting now so I figured I'd start my first discussion here! I'm a college student taking advertising and I work part-time at a multicultural radio station operating a sound board.

I love collecting LEGO, especially the Hobbit/LOTR series. My favourite figures are King Théoden and Smaug. With the theme possibly coming to a close, I am scrambling to save up for the Tower of Orthanc. That is surely the chiefest and greatest LEGO set.

Can't wait to be a part of the community! :)
StuBoyrancorbaitPepperLegoKipAndorcarlqGothamConstructionColegomattsnowhitie

Comments

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Welcome! :)
    manmythic
  • manmythicmanmythic CanadaMember Posts: 22
    Thank you @rancorbait‌! Do you have a favourite theme?
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    manmythic said:

Thank you @rancorbait‌! Do you have a favourite theme?

I can't quite decide between LotR/Hobbit or Star Wars :)
    manmythicAndor
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    @manmythic‌ - I can echo your appreciation of the King Theoden minifigure. LEGO really outdid themselves with that figure. Excellent printing and attention to detail.
    rancorbaitLegoKipmanmythicAndor
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,815
    I'm a King Theoden minifig fan too ... it's almost two years since I wrote this.
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/172657#Comment_172657

And nothing has changed since then!
    manmythic
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    Welcome and I like the LOTR theme too but chosed to focus on Star Wars, my favourite theme of all times.
    manmythicAndor
    @samiam391‌ and @CCC‌, King Théoden is definitely a highlight of my collection, even with a Blu-Ray exclusive Bilbo sitting in my minifigure box. Even with figures as detailed (and over detailed) as those this year, Théoden still rides forth. You both have good taste!

@rancorbait‌, that's a tough one. Surely you need someone to help you figure it out? I actually do LEGO therapy sessions. Sick of people MOCing you? Have too much on your plate? You can pay by Orthanc (or Tumbler).

@TarDomo‌ sounds like you've made up your mind. Still sounds like you could use a LEGO therapy session. :wink:
    Andorrancorbait
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    edited January 2015
    Welcome, @manmythic‌. I collect LOTR/Hobbit as well. Orthanc is definitely one of the best. Sadly, I don't own the King Theoden or the blu-ray exclusive Bilbo. But when I get them I am sure I will enjoy them just as much as you and @samiam391‌ .
    Those LEGO therapy sessions sound great.
    manmythic
    @Andor‌, thank you! I've actually moved on from The Hobbit/LOTR. I'm back into LEGO DC Superheroes (specifically Batman). Still, I have to say Théoden is one of the best. Bilbo is actually one of my least favourite figures. Contrary to its rarity, I find the figure boring and unappealing. The dark blue variant found in The Lonely Mountain is far more detailed.

And I was worried no one would like the joke! Didn't mean to offend anyone.
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    Oh okay. That is great too. @manmythic‌ I would have to say I like the Lonely Mountain Bilbo better too. DC superheroes is nice.
    manmythic
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    I just heard we have a manmythic!

Hasn't anyone sent out a search party yet?! He must be found!

Oh, wayd... I mythunnerdudd... (I haff a coade).

welcome @manmythic
    manmythic
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    @manmythic‌ It didn´t offend me. I like joking too. It would be boring if we would have to be too serious here all the time :smile: What would you think about a duplo therapy session?
    manmythic
    You guys are great. :) We need a Duplo therapy session pronto.
    TarDomo