Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What? But they said he was just a myth!

manmythicmanmythic CanadaMember Posts: 22
My account may be two years old, but I've only started posting now so I figured I'd start my first discussion here! I'm a college student taking advertising and I work part-time at a multicultural radio station operating a sound board.

I love collecting LEGO, especially the Hobbit/LOTR series. My favourite figures are King Théoden and Smaug. With the theme possibly coming to a close, I am scrambling to save up for the Tower of Orthanc. That is surely the chiefest and greatest LEGO set.

Can't wait to be a part of the community! :)
StuBoyrancorbaitPepperLegoKipAndorcarlqGothamConstructionColegomattsnowhitie

Comments

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Welcome! :)
    manmythic
  • manmythicmanmythic CanadaMember Posts: 22
    Thank you @rancorbait‌! Do you have a favourite theme?
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    manmythic said:

Thank you @rancorbait‌! Do you have a favourite theme?

I can't quite decide between LotR/Hobbit or Star Wars :)
    manmythicAndor
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,234
    @manmythic‌ - I can echo your appreciation of the King Theoden minifigure. LEGO really outdid themselves with that figure. Excellent printing and attention to detail.
    rancorbaitLegoKipmanmythicAndor
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,202
    I'm a King Theoden minifig fan too ... it's almost two years since I wrote this.
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/172657#Comment_172657

And nothing has changed since then!
    manmythic
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    Welcome and I like the LOTR theme too but chosed to focus on Star Wars, my favourite theme of all times.
    manmythicAndor
    @samiam391‌ and @CCC‌, King Théoden is definitely a highlight of my collection, even with a Blu-Ray exclusive Bilbo sitting in my minifigure box. Even with figures as detailed (and over detailed) as those this year, Théoden still rides forth. You both have good taste!

@rancorbait‌, that's a tough one. Surely you need someone to help you figure it out? I actually do LEGO therapy sessions. Sick of people MOCing you? Have too much on your plate? You can pay by Orthanc (or Tumbler).

@TarDomo‌ sounds like you've made up your mind. Still sounds like you could use a LEGO therapy session. :wink:
    Andorrancorbait
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    edited January 2015
    Welcome, @manmythic‌. I collect LOTR/Hobbit as well. Orthanc is definitely one of the best. Sadly, I don't own the King Theoden or the blu-ray exclusive Bilbo. But when I get them I am sure I will enjoy them just as much as you and @samiam391‌ .
    Those LEGO therapy sessions sound great.
    manmythic
    @Andor‌, thank you! I've actually moved on from The Hobbit/LOTR. I'm back into LEGO DC Superheroes (specifically Batman). Still, I have to say Théoden is one of the best. Bilbo is actually one of my least favourite figures. Contrary to its rarity, I find the figure boring and unappealing. The dark blue variant found in The Lonely Mountain is far more detailed.

And I was worried no one would like the joke! Didn't mean to offend anyone.
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    Oh okay. That is great too. @manmythic‌ I would have to say I like the Lonely Mountain Bilbo better too. DC superheroes is nice.
    manmythic
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,541
    I just heard we have a manmythic!

Hasn't anyone sent out a search party yet?! He must be found!

Oh, wayd... I mythunnerdudd... (I haff a coade).

welcome @manmythic
    manmythic
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    @manmythic‌ It didn´t offend me. I like joking too. It would be boring if we would have to be too serious here all the time :smile: What would you think about a duplo therapy session?
    manmythic
    You guys are great. :) We need a Duplo therapy session pronto.
    TarDomo