The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Lego Discovery Centre

airways09airways09 Bournemouth, UKMember Posts: 29
I was in Berlin over Christmas, and wanted to go to the Discovery Centre at the Sony Centre in Potsdamer Plaza. I didn't realise that apparently you need a child to enter the Centre. Is this apparent at all discovery centres?? I imagine they exist for children to discover Lego, but found it pretty odd. Luckily, there was an entrance to the Lego shop by the Cinemas so I still found some fun.
Onebricktoomany

Comments

• dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,247
    Yep. That is pretty much the rule. TO be fair most of the activities at the one in Chicago are really only things that kids would enjoy (though the mini chicago and the star wars diorammas are neat). I love taking my kids there but I couldn't see it as something I would enjoy by myself. Now ours does do adult only nights every couple of months. Otherwise I think they do it for safety reasons.
    Onebricktoomanygmonkey76
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 215
    My local Discovery center just had its Grand Opening and I was wondering if anyone has attended one of the adult nights that are offered.  Worth it? Fun? Well attended? Any insight would be appreciated!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO USMember Posts: 8,906
    The actually activity area requires a child (though some do have adult nights, so check the locations calendar) but you can also typically get into the store and not require a child for that.
    Onebricktoomany
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 690
    I'm fairly certain many of the specifically children's activities (like rides) are just shut down on adult nights, since they're not designed for adults. There's still the displays and building activities, though, and I've heard they do little competitions on the night as well (at the Melbourne one, at least).
    Onebricktoomany