Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links to help keep the forum online: LEGO.com Amazon

Ebay Minifg Blind Bag Mishap...

My wife, because she loves me, bought myself and 2 of my kids Miniseries Blind bags off eBay for Christmas. The intent was to get me the Jekyll/Mr. Hyde (for my Haunted House), my daughter the zookeeper (for her Jungle set) and my son 2 hockey players (since he is now in love with hockey). Let me also state that the 2 hockey players were the most expensive purchases from this seller.

Christmas morning comes around and my daughter and I were completely fine, however my son got an ice princess and a garden gnome - no hockey player at all.

She emailed the seller right away, but now it's been 4 days and she has no response - also, since then he has shut down his eBay store.

I just want to know the etiquette here... I realize she was buying these unopened, but the guy was selling them as the "hockey player" and at a premium price - I also know from spending enough time on Bricklink and thebrickfan that there are people out there that do just this part of Lego as their hobby.

Should she file a claim with Paypal? Wait for a response? Are we screwed?

Comments

• tefarreltefarrel Member Posts: 49
    My bad... she actually bought this on Bricklink, not eBay... paid by Paypal
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,416
    File a claim with Bricklink and Paypal and do it now since they have shut down their store. Right now.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    edited December 2014
    Yes, if you bought and paid for a specific figure, you ought to receive the same one.

File a claim through PayPal, you should be covered.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    No you are not screwed at all, it was by fault of the seller for misidentifying. I had done something similar in the past and comped the buyer the extra fig while sending on the correct one again.

Doesn't matter if their BL store is closed perma or temporarily, as this case should be raised with PP direct since lines of communication have been shut off. Simply state that the seller sent the wrong item and closed their store down after you communicated the error. PP will then give the seller a few days to reply and make good or else the payment is refunded. And in your case, this would be doubly damaging of the seller not to reply as the entire order value will be forcefully taken back by PP and refunded to you.

Good luck!
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    Sorry to hear that. As said already, get straight on to PayPal.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    When in doubt, snip before you sell.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Slightly OT, but I don't get the value of selling the CMFs completely sealed. I've had mistakes made before when I've ordered them and it seems like the penalty for making a mistake is just too great, especially when you're probably dealing with a pretty slim profit margin to start with.
    Andorsukh
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,800
    Some of them can sell for $1+ extra for being sealed. Some people collect sealed sets, and others want to make sure they are new.

Of course, they can be new and sealed but totally scratched due to over agressive feeling.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I've sold a handful sealed, but that is always my worry. Did I misidentify? Is the customer lying to me saying it was a different figure? Too stressful..so far, no problems, but selling anything sealed is tricky if the customer can say it was opened already (even if it wasn't).

I will admit, the hockey player stick and the gnome fishing line did feel similar when I first felt that series. I had a handful of gnomes because of it. I should have paid closer attention to other accessories at the time, but missed out on the hockey player altogether because of it.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    If you can file a claim with Paypal, then file one with them. I never file claims with eBay or Bricklink of Paypal is available...Paypal is the best!