Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Lego Super Heroes 2012 Pictures

collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,312
edited October 2011 in Everything else LEGO
I came across pictures of the upcoming DC Lego sets this morning and have to say although the pictures are not high quality and are preliminary, there seems to be more of a comic book feel to them this time around. The figures look great and the Superman Set 6862 is really good!! The repitition of some sets will please those who missed the boat last time! IMHO not as good though but we'll see??

6858 Batman vs. Catwoman
6860 Batcave
6862 Superman vs. Lex Luthor
6863 Batman vs. The Joker
6864 Batman vs. Two Face

Anyone else seen these?? What do you think??

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,390
    Yes I saw them. I was slightly disappointed by the fact they are nearly all Batman sets. Surely DC has some other more interesting superheroes?
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 360
    Where did you see them?
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    edited October 2011
    I thought they looked pretty good. Its hard to tell from the pics but the Bat Mobile from set 6864 looks pretty sweet. I hope its as good as the original from the set with Two-Face.
  • Jabba_the_TaffJabba_the_Taff Member Posts: 211
    @Huw I'm sure some of them will be timed to coincide with movies. And not seeing other sets doesn't mean they don't exist. We can but hope!
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,693
    These dc ones look like pretty much a re-run of the previous Batman sets (apart from the superman Mech obviously). Hopefully the marvel stuff will bring a bit of diversity to the theme.
  • indy1973indy1973 Member Posts: 70
    edited October 2011
    Yay, I'm glad to see that Wonder Woman will be in the Superman set on the first wave! =D

And I'm assuming that this means she will not get her own set or a HQ...

I'll pull the seaweed off of the Atlantis Temple for her!
    edited October 2011
    Ooooh, plus it looks like Lex Luthor's mech might have a green light-up-brick and a fiber-optic-cable running thru a clear tube and leading thru his gun, a bit similar to the Exo-Force mechs 7700 and 7701.

That one should be a winner! =)
  • duilimduilim Member Posts: 61
    Got to agree with andhe...... these sets apart from the Superman one look to be just rereleases of the old batman sets with a couple of minor changes. Very disappointed and definitely not what I was expecting. Overall, I've been rather underwhelmed by what I've seen of the 2012 sets to date. Initially, I thought that 2012 was going to be an expensive year. As it turns out, it might be one of the cheaper ones....
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,233
    On the basis of the leaked images all over the Net, the sets look decidedly uninspiring IMHO. This beautifully illustrates why LEGO hate confidential images being leaked, however - I suspect that I'll be a lot more enthusiastic when I see the selection of better images that'll accompany the official reveal....
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Can you hear that? It's the sound of the value of older Batman sets being sold on eBay PLUNGING. Anyone want to pay $400 for the Batcave when every toy store is about to be flooded with them at a lower price?

I always wondered how a group such as LEGO felt about preserving the aftermarket because it helps fuel the community around LEGO. I suppose in this case they may not have had much of a choice. But there are many collectors out there where these sets were the pride of their collection, and now the value is about to drop in a big way.

These sets initially have to be very kid friendly to really establish the market - so I'm not expecting too much in the beginning. I'm just glad they are producing this line!
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I would think that they would focus on the $100+ sets for long term collectability, give each of them something special.

Probably too hard to try and do it for every $30 set, but think about it, what would happen to the collector community if they reissued the original UCS ISD tomorrow for $399?
  • ThisIsMyCupThisIsMyCup Member Posts: 156
    so does this mean no green lantern minifig in the first wave?
    edited October 2011
    Right, no Green Lantern in the first wave seems odd... but I am sure that they will include him as a secondary hero in a future set, similar to the way they added Wonder Woman as a second hero to the Superman and Luthor set. I think that is great, so they can create a lot more heroes that might not be released in their own individual set for one reason or another.
    edited October 2011
    And yes, considering the fact that the Batman line was ended abruptly for mysterious reasons, pulled from the shelves, and is now selling for quadruple prices online, it makes perfect sense that they would start by re-releasing the Batman line in a similar form. I am sure we will see three or four more Batman sets in wave two... I will be excited if they redo the Tumbler!
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    If these were from a retailer catalog then they might not have had the store exclusive sets in them (e.g., the TRU/Target/Wal-Mart exclusive sets). So Green Lantern might be in one of those.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,269
    edited October 2011
    Yes I saw them. I was slightly disappointed by the fact they are nearly all Batman sets. Surely DC has some other more interesting superheroes?
    Guessing it will be Batman first so they can either sell more of the original Batman LEGO games OR make a new LEGO Batman game, which..IMO.. would have the most flexibility in a video game
    edited October 2011
    Hmmm... it is noteworthy that Catwoman's Motorcycle, the Joker-Copter and Batwing, and the Two-Face and Batmobile set are all almost exactly like re-issues of the originals from 2008, but that the Batcave is so distinctly smaller, cheaper, and generally different in design... Is there a logical reason LEGO made that decision? Did they not want to upset the aftermarket by re-releasing the biggest sets like Batcave and Arkham Asylum sets to rival the originals? Does it mean that LEGO acknowledges AFOLs and the aftermarket as much as kids and current sales? If so, then maybe that is the bright side on the Batcave disappointment... Besides, I think you can recreate most of the general architecture of the 2008 Batcave using Lego Digital Designer, even making improvements and additions, and the LDD price will still be a fraction of the Bricklink price!!
    edited October 2011
    And somewhere I remember seeing a press release that listed which characters would be released with the first waves, for both DC and Marvel. I just cut and pasted the list:

For DC, the full first wave will have Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Lex Luthor, The Joker, Harley Quinn, The Riddler, Two-Face, Bane, Bruce Wayne, Robin, and Poison Ivy.

Note that we have not seen pics of a set with Harley Quinn or the Riddler yet, so yes, there must be at least one store-exclusive set that would not be in the general dealer's catalog.

However, sadly, we do not see any mention of the Green Lantern there, but do not worry, I am sure they will release him as a secondary hero, perhaps in a future Superman set.

And obviously, they'll have keychains of everybody... Since the Green Lantern has common hair, you can just unscrew the screw from his head and replace his hair, "Et Voila!!" =)

If his hair is glued to his head in keychain form, then you may have to use a dremmel to carefully remove the old hair and replace it. I am sure a lot of fans will be doing that to create a variety of Green Lantern Corps Members with different types of alien heads.

Then the first Marvel wave will be Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Wolverine, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Deadpool, Nick Fury, Magneto, Spider-man, Doc-Ock, and Loki. Are they also due out in May? Should be awesome!!
  • CephaserCephaser Member Posts: 18
    I think the reason for the batman sets is that they needed to rush a release through for the start of the year. The announcement came as a shock to everyone remember, and remember the hurriedly mocked up figs at the comic con? The easiest way to get some sets out quickly is to rehash the existing sets, and add one new one with new characters. It is odd that they have not rehashed a few marvel spiderman sets too, but perhaps they are being held back to tie in with the next film release.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,693
    Does that make Samuel L Jackson only the 3rd actor to have 2 different lego characters based on him? (Assuming the Marvel sets will stick to the film continuity/Avengers tie-in).
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,312
    ^ I always thought Alfred Molina would have mad a great addition to Nolan's Batman films?
    He could have clocked up another fig. I read in an interview he is aware of his mini-figs but does not own them! I bet Ford is tired of seeing his form in plastic!
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    I am super excited for these sets, but I am disappointed that it is mostly Batman. With Wonder Woman, Superman and Green Lantern apart of this license, I would have imagined something with a little more VARIETY for those of us who like some of the other heroes other than the Bat.

Still, I am sure there are waves/series coming out of this so I am sure we'll see more later on.
    The Lex Luthor Robot IS cool and I can't wait to see it.

Hoping at some point we get

Central Power Battery of OA (Green Lantern set)
    Guardians Citadel (Green Lantern set)
    Green Lantern with some sort of Green Lego construct set
    Themyscira Arena (Wonder Woman set)
    Themyscira Island (Wonder Woman set)
    Fortress of Solitude (Superman set)
    Daily Planet (Superman set)