Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10129 Snowspeeder

keiths1975keiths1975 Member Posts: 17
Hi there. I was lucky enough to pick up 3 boxes of lego with 10129 in, complete with instructions. However the stickers were never applied and i need to obtain a replacement. Can anyone offer any advice in where i might purchase one from? Now i need to decide whether i should keep it or sell to help my coming year purchases!! Many thanks

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,376
    Nice find, it's a great (and rare) set.

There are a few places you could find it. I looked on Bricklink and the prices are absurd:
    http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=44901&colorID=0

So I then I checked eBay and found one set of custom stickers:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-10129-UCS-Rebel-Snowspeeder-Sticker-Sheet-Decal-Replacement-/271670062392?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item3f40cc2d38

Obviously, they aren't the real thing, but if you're looking for the stickers for your own display purposes they'll work just fine.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,829
    If you're willing to wait a few days when I return to the office, I'd be happy to scan in at high res one of my spares and email to you so you can produce your own?
    canon03
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    ^Any idea what kind of paper you would use to achieve the same look as a shiny Lego sticker? Product specifics and where to buy would be very helpful. Thanks!
    edited December 2014
    This is the stuff I've bought in the past. Available in the UK although can't imagine a similar not being available in the States.

http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/.-Laser-Water-Slide-Decal-Paper_155.htm

This is a useful thread too:-
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/17317/printing-on-lego
    Inkjet water-slide decal paper:
  • keiths1975keiths1975 Member Posts: 17
    Legoboy said:

If you're willing to wait a few days when I return to the office, I'd be happy to scan in at high res one of my spares and email to you so you can produce your own?

That would be absolutely awesome. Will give it a go with the paper you recommend. Thank you so much :)

Legoboy said:

That would be absolutely awesome. Will give it a go with the paper you recommend. Thank you so much :)
    PM me your email and I'll get it over. Possibly going into the office on Friday - depends if I'm pulling my hair out by the end of the week.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,655
    Make sure you buy the right paper, laser for laser printers and inkjet for inkjets. I bought a pack of inkjet paper but was sent laser paper. Very messy.
    CCC said:

Make sure you buy the right paper, laser for laser printers and inkjet for inkjets. I bought a pack of inkjet paper but was sent laser paper. Very messy.

Thank you will make sure i find the right materials. Actually i have a friend who owns a printing firm so may ask a favour :) Cant wait for it to be assembled :)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,655
    If you want nice shiny stickers, go for vinyl printing sticker paper. You need to hand cut them, but it gives a nice shiny finish.
    Snowspeeder complete. Absolutely amazed by the size of it and all pieces were in the box bar one which i have ordered :) up there as one of my favourite models
    Tried to do size comparison :)
    PoochyBrickDancer