Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

BN 50% off

margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
edited December 2014 in Shopping USA/Canada
BN had 50% off of some Lego sets today. I just got back from one store that had some Chima, Ninjago Temple and Garmatron, and the city truck left. Then I hit another BN and they forgot to put anything in the 50% off area so it was all still there.

#31025 Mountain Hut
#7346 Seaside Cottage
#60027 Monster Truck
#79104 Shellraiser street chase
#79103 Turtle Lair Attack
Stunt Plane
Tons of Chima
etc
brickupdateBumblepantsLegoKipPoochyred237

Comments

• Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I can confirm it....some great deals.
  • intromissionintromission Member Posts: 197
    Hmmmm. Were they marked? A lot of sets mentioned but no stickers indicating discount. Didn't bother asking, maybe I should have.
  • ReliantReliant Member Posts: 68
    Thanks for the post. Dang hope I can snag a 7346.
    All the sets I found had a big red sticker on them...but you have to watch it. Some sets had a red sticker but didn't scan as being on sale...
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    They should have had a big red sticker indicating 50 % off but none were marked or in the clearance section at the second store I went to because they forgot to do it. I'm pretty sure most stores got wiped out, but it could be worth having them price check some of the sets I mentioned. Also you can check inventory online before you go.
    So this seems like it should be chain wide then? Or is it up to each store? Thanks!
  • oansunoansun Member Posts: 87
    A lot of Chima at mine. Seaside House, Rescue Helicopter, Cargo Truck, stunt plane off the top of my head.
    Pretty sure it's chain wide.
  • NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
    Just the 26th?
    Usually once the stuff hits the clearance table and has the big red sticker on it then it's 50% off until it's gone.
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 853
    Chandler AZ store only had the Chima left as of 4pm yesterday.
    Thanks so much op. This made up for the lack of post holiday sales. I'm wondering if that Mountain Hut set is a fluke in the bunch. I have one reserved at a store that's a bit of a drive. It is a 2014 set.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    Picked up a #31025 at my B&N. None of the Lego sets were red stickered at this store.
    margot
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 270
    Thank you @margot‌ - we had checked out our local B&N yesterday and found nothing early yesterday, but after reading this went to one a little further out and found stuff listed above AND while the cashier was struggling to make sure everything was indeed ringing at 50off, I asked if my kids club 30% would work on Mindstorms, and she adjusted/rang that in at 50off as well! I was honest, and she gave me the 50% discount anyway for being honest, THEN the 30% off and then my membership 10%. I was shaking. It was the best deal to be had in a very very long time :)
    margotthenosThanos75lego007brickupdatetamamahmpharmjodEKSamLegoKip
    Finally some good deals! I can't take credit, it was @Thanos75 who gave me a head's up.
    Thanos75red237EKSam
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,547
    Found a City Passenger Train but it was full price. Would have been terrific at 50%
    So, one thing I thought was odd was the fact that the whole Ninjago final battle wave was on sale except for Cole's Drill vehicle upon scanning. I was able to score the Seaside House (which I was ecstatic about), but the small cottage wouldn't scan at 50 percent, which makes me wonder about the Mountain Hut I have on hold because it came out later.
    Mountain hut was indeed $19.99.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    I stopped by my local Barnes & Noble, and found nothing marked as well. A kind employee scanned a bunch of sets for me, and only the Mountain Hut came up at 50% off. Oh, and an Iron Man set, which I already had. If I had her scan more, I think she may have found more on sale, but nothing I was particularly interested in. If you want to see photos of the stock this store had, I posted photos on my blog: http://brickupdate.com/barely-a-lego-post-holiday-sale-at-barnes-noble/

Thanks for the tip on this everyone! The Mountain Hut set looks great, esp at 50% off.
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    @brickupdate‌ and @intromission‌
    And anyone else who has found Mountain Hut for $19.95 -- Please list your locations as I'm trying to find this set!
    @LegoKip, I got 3 yesterday. It won't be a great deal because of shipping but I'm happy to send you one at cost if you want. 6% tax where I am to factor in.
    brickupdatelego007EKSam
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    @LegoKip There was only one set of Mountain Hut at the store I went to, and I bought it. Sorry!
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    edited December 2014
    @LegoKip I picked up the last/only one in Orange. The next closest one I could find last night was in Riverside, but that's way too far for me (would be saving like $5 after gas).
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    Thanks @margot‌. If I don't find one, maybe.

Ooooo @Poochy‌ you and I shop adjacent to each other -- I'm west of you!
    Though right now I'm visiting the Northeast.

Has anyone found these in NJ or VA?