Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Dare I say, Walmart?

1818283848587»

Comments

• lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 675
    For store pickups, I noticed they'll slap very sticky barcode tags all over the boxes...only patience and meticulous care begets an unblemished box at that point. =/
    Astrobricks
  • ericbericb Member Posts: 106
    A porch pirate swiped my $43 Galaxy Explorer within 15 minutes of it being delivered.  Earlier that morning, I received a Bricklink order with a couple of knockoff parts.  Wasn't my day, but sh!t happens...
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 841
    After a couple of really mangled boxes doing store pick-up if I spend enough for free shipping I choose that option.  Lately they've actually been sending my items directly from local stores via their delivery service.  Boxes aren't too bad, maybe a crease or two but they send them in plastic shipping bags so no packing materials for support.  As I usually don’t save the boxes it doesn’t really matter to me in the end.  The one that really bugged me was an Advent Calendar I bought last year with store pick-up that had an entire corner of the box mashed in.  And those huge stickers they like to slap on the boxes for store pick-ups are really annoying.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,713
    lowlead said:
    For store pickups, I noticed they'll slap very sticky barcode tags all over the boxes...only patience and meticulous care begets an unblemished box at that point. =/
    I found plastic 'razor' blades on Amazon that do a good job of removing such stickers without a lot of ripping (if any) of the boxes themselves.
  • Lo1sJessLo1sJess Alexandria, VirginiaMember Posts: 450
    @ericb that’s terrible!  Hope the day gets better.  Any chance Walmart will send again?

• pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 2,244
    pxchris said:
    I go to the store to pick up the GE I ordered while out of town... fingers crossed I actually get it!
    (Not too worried about the box at all for this one, the box I got on my other copy was just fine.)
    ...and I just got the notice that my order was canceled.

Grrr..... >(
  • ericbericb Member Posts: 106
    @Lo1sJess Thank you!  I'm just going to leave it be.  Frustrating for sure, but I know it's nothing to get myself worked up about.  People are dealing with a lot worse, so I can't complain.
  • rockethead26rockethead26 Northern ArizonaMember Posts: 92
    edited November 2022
    autolycus said:
    Bah! Thought I had posted a photo!

You did! It kinda disappeared. I saw it earlier.
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 611
    edited November 2022
    Mine look like they were used as a football in a game.
    560HeliportOnebricktoomany
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,802
    Picked up my Galaxy Explorer yesterday, $42.54 including tax.
    Switchfoot55PapaBear560Heliportred237Onebricktoomanylowlead
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 969
    The Galaxy Explorer box looks like it is vintage with the creases. So it actually works.
    Onebricktoomany560Heliport
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 819
    I ran into my local Walmart to see if there any CMF 23 since my Targets don't carry them and my WM got a box each...but someone went thru and opened them...anyway....my WM has 28 Galaxy Explorers sitting on a shelf for $75.

Speaking of CMF...the "exclusive/limited" The Muppets...my local WM has 9 boxes sitting on the shelf. They keep getting more and more in.
    Switchfoot55PapaBearMarshallmario
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 407
    edited December 2022
    Walmart has boutique hotel #10297 marked down to $169 in store. $200 online.  Ymmv.
    Switchfoot55madforLEGOPapaBear
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,556
    My local Walmart had quite a few sets marked down. #76216 Iron Man Armory for $65 (RRP $89.99).
    madforLEGOOnebricktoomany
    My local Walmart had quite a few sets marked down. #76216 Iron Man Armory for $65 (RRP $89.99).

Thanks, Found it over by my local Walmart for that as well. They also had a few other sets on sale, but ironically the sets in their clearance section weren't on clearance at all.
    Onebricktoomany
    Walmart has boutique hotel #10297 marked down to $169 in store. $200 online.  Ymmv.
    Your mileage may really vary. I looked online for availability in my zip code and every surrounding town's zip code..it isn't available in my entire state. That's unfortunate, but I guess good also so I can save money.
    Onebricktoomany
    Sethro3 said:
    Your mileage may really vary. I looked online for availability in my zip code and every surrounding town's zip code..it isn't available in my entire state. That's unfortunate, but I guess good also so I can save money.
    It is crazy how some stores have the great price and others not.  This Walmart is in a pretty good size town and I rarely find great deals there.  But then it happens!  Who knows?! 
    madforLEGO
    I ended up running into WM for a few needed groceries and checked out the LEGO.  There were probably 25-30 items on clearance...mostly 25-30% off.  Muppets and Jurassic poly were $4.  Batman Cowl was $45, Boba Fett Starship, Dagobah  Jedi Training,  #76948 JW T.Rex Breakout was 50% but it still seemed like too much for 466 pieces.
    madforLEGOMarshallmarioPapaBearOnebricktoomanySeijiAmasawa
    ^ Geez!  Making back-to-back posts within a week!  Ugh! Come on WM where's the deals!  Same Walmart as previous post....saw #21336 The Office on a shelve...a little beat up...thought maybe it was a return..but priced at $120.  Check out the clearance...on the shelve across from other clearance toys left from this summer...there were 2 more The Office, #10281 8-10 Bonsai, and #10280 6-8 Flower Bouquets...all full-price.
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 2,244
    My Walmart has quite a bit of really pitiful clearance... Like in the 25% off range. Lame.
    560HeliportOnebricktoomany
    Hey, 25% beats Target's frequent 15% off "clearance" prices. To me, 15% off is a sale, it's meant to get you in the store to buy other stuff as well; a clearance is at least 25% off, and the purpose is to, well... clear this stuff off the shelves so they can put other stuff there! 
    OnebricktoomanymadforLEGOpxchrisFizyx
    edited January 8
    Be thankful for a clearance, some of us don't have the mythical fully stocked stores that put everything on a 30-50% clearance. The stores all by me are thoroughly picked through and have been since before Christmas. Anything the store does have is actually more expensive than the stuff online.
    karrit560HeliportSwitchfoot55gmonkey76
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 Yellowstone, 1883Member Posts: 3,160
    I've never actually encountered one of these mythical Walmarts. All three near me have nearly empty shelves in the LEGO aisle. Maybe a few Black Panther sets still holding out. 
    lowleadgmonkey76rd1899
    The two I frequent are always bare. I saw a handful of tags on the shelf with clearance prices, so I'm guessing someone got lucky before I got there. But I've never found anything to jump for joy over.
    Switchfoot55
  • AwesomenessAwesomeness OhioMember Posts: 201
    My local Walmart had the new Series 24 out. Got what I was after.
    Lo1sJessBumblepants560HeliportpxchrismadforLEGOgmonkey76Yo_dA
  • rd1899rd1899 U.S.A.Member Posts: 210
    It's over now, but there was a flash online sale for #10497 back at the $50 price earlier today (Jan 16th).
    Onebricktoomany
    It'll be back to that price eventually...unless Walmart intends to keep it on the shelves until AFTER next X-mas or hope for some mysterious rush on Galaxy Explorers without a major price discount.  My nearest store still have 20+ around the store on shelves....at $120.00
    Onebricktoomany
    $120? Wow. I haven't seen anything other than $75.
    OnebricktoomanyAstrobricksgmonkey76
    $120? Wow. I haven't seen anything other than $75.

The highest I have seen in store is $100
    Onebricktoomany
  • KeilupKeilup Frisco, TXMember Posts: 199
    I ordered the first time for store pickup.  Was out of town and wasn't able to make it to the store to pick up so order was cancelled.  Figured oh well.  There's money for something else.  Happened to see the deal come up the other day.  Jumped on that with the $10 discount.  Ship to home.  Just arrived today.  Might be a good Christmas present.

I've only seen it for $75 in the stores my area.  A couple had 20 plus back then.  Now some stores don't even have it.  I think I've seen only 3-4 at most in any store here now.  That first discount really moved them out the door.
    #10313 Walmart has these for pre order also.  However, Check your physical store.  Just purchased at mine!  Needed for a gift before I’d receive pre order.
    560Heliport
  • AwesomenessAwesomeness OhioMember Posts: 201
    Finally found some Series 22 at my Walmart. I got the 2 I wanted.
    560HeliportFizyxmadforLEGOYo_dABumblepants