Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Dare I say, Walmart?

Comments

• MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    @monsblitz I can't believe TRU accepted & pricematched using the inventory checker.I highly doubt TRU near me would,you'd better go back in a few days & see if you got that employee fired :)
    SumoLego
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 631
    edited April 2016
    MrJ_NY said:
    @monsblitz I can't believe TRU accepted & pricematched using the inventory checker.I highly doubt TRU near me would,you'd better go back in a few days & see if you got that employee fired :)
    I'm pretty sure she was a manager because she helped another employee do the override for me.  This TRU has been very good about price matching.  I try not to push my luck too much but they are usually pretty good about it as long as they can tell it's a legitimate price at a store they price match.  

FWIW, I wasn't forceful about it at all, went to customer service, showed them the price and asked if they could price match.  I was prepared to walk away with no hard feelings if they said no, but she said "Sure, we can do that!".  
    ReesesPieces
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 963
    May I ask which toys r us this is?
    The one in Kingstown?
    May I ask which toys r us this is?
    The one in Kingstown?
    Yes.  FYI...unless they had more in the back, I took the last 75104 from the shelf.  But they might just keep limited stock on the floor. 
    ReesesPieces
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    It doesn't hurt to ask, but YMMV for sure. I haven't attempted it at my local TRU before. I know my retail store accepts some price matching on contact lenses, but only with certain websites.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    edited April 2016
    I'm having problems with the brickseek website.  When I put in mu zipcode for a local search, I can't get the results.  They open in a window in the middle of the screem and I can't scroll down.  Is there a trick to this?  Also, I only see in stock notices on the local seach.  Is there an in store price info tab somewhere that I can't find?
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 721

If you were unable to pick up or find a Star Wars #75106 Imperial Assault Carrier ($129.99 now down to $99) or a #75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium ($99 now down to $74) there a few new things clearance at Walmarts.

#75106 Imperial Assault Carrier ...now $99

#75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium...now $74

#75114 Stormstooper  $15

General Grievous now $25

#70739 thru #70744 Ninjago Flyers were on clearance for $7.00

edited April 2016
     75106 - IAC is only 91.00 on Walmart website @scotty12
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    I found pretty much all of what Scotty12 listed with the addition of TRex tracker for 49.00.

^^...thanks for pointing that out.  I was able to pick some up for $64 a few months ago during local clearances...but some stores left that at full price.  I guess I should have clarified my point....for those who didn't find any last time to  keep a look out for further reductions in another week or two on the inventory checker.  WM reduced prices every 2-3 weeks earlier this year. 

I'm just hoping this isn't their summer clearance, I was hoping for some Jurassic World.

• LegogramLegogram PA USAMember Posts: 320
    I found #75103 First Order Transporter for $64 at a local Walmart today.
  • jedivalkyriejedivalkyrie Member Posts: 218
    ^ same here, nice deal.  Brickseek led me right to it........
  • vadangvadang Member Posts: 47
    I found a #75106 for $30 via brickseek.  Brickseek showed one in stock and gave it a shot for in store pick up and it was there! But the walmart would not let me return/rebuy.  They said it had to be processed back in.  Strange because no other walmart has had any problems with it.  It was 30 miles away from home and I only gave it a shot because I just happened to be in the area.  Not worth it to me to go back and see if it is on the shelf.

Also found a #75104 for $59.99 via brickseek and am tempted, but it is a little far for me and at some point, I need to NOT buy every set just because it is on sale. :)
  • spepperspepper Davie, FLMember Posts: 157
    Would anyone know the Walmart's Item Id for Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle #75104 ?
    spepper said:
    Would anyone know the Walmart's Item Id for Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle #75104 ?
    When you look at the item on walmart.com

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Kylo-Ren-s-Command-Shuttle-75104/45059381

It is the last set of numbers.  Sometimes if you get to the product page using other links there will some other address data behind it, but you should be able to figure out what the numbers are.  In this case it is 45059381.  Good luck!
    spepper
    I wish there was an app that searches daily a set of zip codes and item IDs and lets you know when something goes on clearance or hits a price limit you set.  Like camel does for amazon. 
    InfinitymanRonyarDedgecko
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    edited May 2016
    Found #6858 at my local Walmart for $1. Box is smashed a bit but still sealed. This kind of thing is what makes LEGO hunting fun.
    chuckpBlueTacoGoldchainsBumblepantsprevere77ncaachamps
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 820
    A Wal*Mart in Greensboro, NC has the $25 Force Awakens Contraction figures marked down to $20 each. Also found the First Order Transporter for $64.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    I found the First Order Transporter for $64 as well at the Red Bank Road Walmart in Cincinnati as well.
    edited May 2016
    So many of these uninspiring Star Wars FA sets even the sales prices of 20% or 30% off aren't getting me to pull the trigger.  Some of these are just terrible. I wouldn't start to seriously consider most unless 50% off.

Not including Kylo Ren shuttle, MF, or X-Wing in that category and already own those.  FO tie fighter is the last one I really plan on buying and I'm waiting on that $45 price point I saw months back. 

/end venting about crappy FA star wars sets
  • SamuraiPeteSamuraiPete Member Posts: 40
    Has anyone had any luck purchasing some of the clearance items online for in store pickup then have them match their in store clearance price at time of pickup? Since you have to pay full price online I am guessing they would do a price adjustment refund or have you return the items and repurchase.  
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 516
    So many of these uninspiring Star Wars FA sets even the sales prices of 20% or 30% off aren't getting me to pull the trigger.  Some of these are just terrible. I wouldn't start to seriously consider most unless 50% off.

Not including Kylo Ren shuttle, MF, or X-Wing in that category and already own those.  FO tie fighter is the last one I really plan on buying and I'm waiting on that $45 price point I saw months back. 

/end venting about crappy FA star wars sets

It's probably partly to do with Lego wanting sets out ASAP to go with the movie so they can make immediate $$.  Then, knowing that they're not nearly the best they could be, they'll release an improved version in a year or two, which people will rebuy because it's so much better, and then make some more $$$.  And then the really popular/"iconic" vehicles will get yet another new and improved rerelease, and they'll make even more $$$$.
    Ronyar
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 208
    Saw #10702 clearanced down to $20.  Not bad for 583 pieces.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    Saw #10702 clearanced down to $20.  Not bad for 583 pieces.
    Saw about a dozen or so of those at a Walmart, too.  Most if not all had broken seals.  Various bags were all inside, but no idea if complete.
    The 3 Walmarts I've been in the last few days had all the Bionicle "Creatures of " marked down to $7 and one creature to $5.
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,093
    Saw a bunch of Star Wars and Bionicle 50% off (in the boys LEGO aisle rather than a separate section).

More than I had money on me for. Will go back ASAP. Started with 5 #71303, and some other $9.99 Bionicle was also marked down to $5.

The 50% off included #75092 Naboo Starfighter, #75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium, #75108 Cody and #75112 Grievous.
    I think #75115 Poe and #71116 Finn were 20% off.

In the girls aisle there was #41077 and #41097 'marked down' (still above MSRP)
    Found some Cole and Zane Airjitzu flyers marked down to $1 each. Oddly enough the Jay Flyer was full price. Note: this was at a Wal-Mart that isn't a supercenter and therefore doesn't have as much shelf space, so that is probably a factor.

Also found that at select stores, SW Grevious and Cody are half off. Grabbed one of each.
  • LegoAddictLegoAddict NW of ChicagoMember Posts: 31
    I just picked up a 75103 First Order Transporter for $45 (clearance 50% off), according to brickseek it's only available at this price at a few stores, but it's worth checking out.  At $90, it's a ridiculous price, but at $45 it's a steal
    I saw that! One store near me reported it was that price, but it had already sold out at the $64 price tag.
    Most everything is regular price around me but in Feb #75106 was on sale at most stores for $64.  I have another store that now has 7 more for $64.  How many is too many of those?  If anyone found a Friends Grand Hotel that wants to trade lmk.
    3 #75092 and a #70779 yesterday. 3 #71302 and a #71304 today. Glad I had enough on me for a 4th. I hope to go back for the 75094's soon, but I wanted something, and selling those parts helps fund the next purchase.
    The 70779 and a 71303 had badly damaged boxes, but all parts. (What would I do if noticing missing pieces after buying?)

I saw Airjitzu Wrayth half off, but others full price. 75103 and 75106 aren't discounted at my store. I saw 75103 15% off at Target, so maybe it's somethign aobut that set in general rather than WalMart in particular.
    #75117 Kylo and #75118 Phasma are two more 20% off constraction figures.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Found my first good clearance item in quite some time, #75094 Imperial Shuttle for $49. And on my want list. Happy today. 
    TwoToneBricks
  • TwoToneBricksTwoToneBricks KCMember Posts: 37
    I found #75094 at my Walmart for $75, they also had general grievous figure for $25. I'm glad I bought the shuttle, I've been wanting it, just didn't do it when I should have. I really wish I got it for the $49 though, I'm jelly of anyone that may have, that price is insane for such a nice set. 
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,351
    edited May 2016
    Several #75094 at my local Walmart for $49. Unfortunately,

But... I arrived an hour late. Lexington's local grubby fingered re-seller came and snatched them off the shelves before I got there. ;)
    pharmjod
    ^ & ^^ Rarely ever any good deals in my area. At least not in the last two years. Before that, I found stuff all the time. They also had the Grevious for $17, but I passed. I don't have any of those figs and know if I get one I'll want them all.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    @Yodalicious Grievous is super impressive
     Really huge.
    #41077 down to $28.74, slightly below MSRP
    #70730 for $23.94, 20% off

I'm not into constraction figures, I like the traditional brick look, though I may pick up some of the half off ones for resale.
    Found my first good clearance item in quite some time, #75094 Imperial Shuttle for $49. And on my want list. Happy today. 
    Once Target had a set on sale that I actually wanted, so I know the feeling.
    http://www.walmart.com/store allows you to check inventory of local Walmarts. Might be more useful than indirect sources. Says it's updated at midnight. Results match what I saw there yesterday evening.
    BlueTaco
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Crazy (and frustrating) thing about this thread is it's heavily YMMV.

Sets that are discounted heavily at other WMs aren't in other areas.

At least with Target, it's pretty consistent across the board. The only discrepancy is when your Target shifts to deeper discounts (15% -> 30% -> 50%  -> 75%) during the week.
    madforLEGOBumblepantsKingAlanIMasterBeefy
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    From what I understand, department heads at each of the Walmarts get their own discount $ to apply as they see fit to their store and department.
  • SweepyDSweepyD USMember Posts: 78
    Yeah 1 walmart I go to has some oddball special clearance thing. Instead of normal % off they go with % off the alread % off.

End up getting stuff that normally would be 50% off instead being like 46.5%(or something random like that) because they did funky discounting the whole time.
    KingAlanI said:
    http://www.walmart.com/store allows you to check inventory of local Walmarts. Might be more useful than indirect sources. Says it's updated at midnight. Results match what I saw there yesterday evening.

I may differ from state to state or store to store.  At least in Iowa...the WM.com store inventory checker is nearly 100% inaccurate on clearance Lego items.
    KingAlanI
    Inventory checker says those imperial shuttles are gone. :(
    I was hoping to sell more of what I already had, partially to fund the purchase itself and partly to avoid having too much tied up in inventory.
    I've found several of the new Toa for half off at the few Wal-Marts that carry them. Tahu and Onua for $9, Kopaka unity set for $13.
    Picked up an IST 75094 for $49
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 943
    So, these bargains you guys find, are they marked down in a special way (e.g. sticker, clearance section), or they look like regular price labels on the shelves?
    In the past, I would find them with a clearance sticker in the clearance aisle. But lately, it's been a paper sticking out from the regular shelf space in the Lego aisle indicating the lower price. Sometimes, it's even just the shelf price with a new price on it. That is rare, but you really have to be on the lookout for those because there's no indication whatsoever that it's on sale other than a lower price. In that case, you have to know the retail prices to even know they are lower. 
    KingAlanI
    ^JooTog: typcially i read about what others are finding on clearance before I go shopping as an indicator of what to look for. Usually if I see a set on the Lego aisle that doesn't have a tag on the shelf for it and it's an older model that some have found marked down, odds are it will be on clearance. I've found that even when it is marked with a  sticker, it is worth it to take stuff to a price scanner and double check. Many times the price will drop and not be reflected on the sticker. That's how I got a Power Jet Creator Set for $17, a City Spaceport for $20, and several other deals.
    Sethro377ncaachampsCurvedRoadPlate
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 943
    Thanks @Yodalicious and @CaptainRogers.
    I'll take a closer look at the sets/prices next time I'm at the store... which could be as early as today :)
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    Always scan! I've found a lot of unmarked good deals that way.

As for the website inventory checker, it was 100% inaccurate also for 3 different walmarts near me, so I won't bother checking that again. Walmart isn't anywhere near my house, so it is out of the way for me to even check them for potential deals. But the only LEGO "clearance" was a few Elves sets and Star Wars constraction figures, and most of them were Rollbacks, meaning it is the new price instead of a sale price
    ryjay77ncaachamps