Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.
Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over
to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules
before you join.
Recent discussions • Categories
Preparing of the Building
Hey Everyone, it's soon christmas - so you may be getting or/and giving LEGO - And soon enough it's also the 1st of January, and new LEGO sets will be appearing on the shelves.
I would like to know about your preparing of the building. I am not sure if this has been a topic before.
To give an example, I will be giving my own rituals:
- The set: I highly prefer to buy new and unopened LEGO sets, preferably from LEGO itself - this way I am sure to get it the way it should be/the full experience.
- Place: (It may be very common) - but I greatly prefer to build my sets at home.
- Light: Light is an important factor, I make sure to have plenty of light available. No sunlight.
- Environment: A general thing is to keep the building room free from bad smelling and humidity. Possible keeping a single window open while building. And I will be preferring to build while it's dark outside.
- Cleaning 1: I will be build the set on a simple squared table with a white surface, which I will be wiping clean at first.
- Cleaning 2: I will be carefully washing my hands in hot water and soap - and dry the off.
- Clothing (Upper body): Nothing special, but usually I will be wearing a casual t-shirt, for easy mobility and movement. No headwear. No glasses.
- Health: I won't be starting the building; if I am too tired, starving or thirsty. Eating before cleaning, to avoid fats on the skin. Maybe some sugars (softdrink) while building, to keep the brain working at maximum performance. No music. No stress.
- Timing: I will make sure that I have the needed time to build the set without interruption from the outside world.
- After: I mostly use my sets for displaying.
I would like to hear from everyone and especially people with slights of OCD.
And I hope this topic might interest you as well.