Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Store Dec 26 sale?

2»

Comments

• CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,357
    ^ It was a bit of a mess in the run-up to Christmas I think it is fair to say. An entire shelving unit (the one closest to the door where LOTR sets usually are) was completely empty on the 23rd.
  • danny316pdanny316p Member Posts: 13
    It often helps to check the website for "sold out" items first - it's not a given that everything "on sale" will be marked as such in the store (especially if it's a busy location such as the Disney Imagination Centers). The Turkey sets, for example, weren't marked at all - you had to know what to look for.

Generally prices are the same at all LEGO Brand Retail-controlled locations in a given country, but I've heard rumors of that not holding true in pricier areas (Hawaii and the Flatiron district, supposedly) - my experience has always been that the prices on the website match what's in store, although which items are actually in stock never matches.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,394
    I guess I'm hoping they don't break street dates on the 2015 sets...I'm planning to to go and pick up a bunch of things on the 1st so I can get my free Lego Store employee and the free flower cart (assuming they will let me do both on the same transaction)...
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,917
    edited December 2014
    Any Double VIP promos coming out soon? I'm making a big purchase on the 1st of January, but I would be glad to postpone it.

Edit: I only see the free flower cart poly, which calendar shows the LEGO employee minifig?
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,659
    @egobrandonCP, It is the January coupon from the LEGO calendar given during December purchases (and during the VIP pre-BF sale)
    Thank you @ColoradoBricks. I guess I'm out of luck then!
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Spoke to a Lego employee and she said they are putting out some sets on December 31st, she couldn't say which ones though.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    I was told at Freehold NJ store that they can put any 2015 sets out until Monday the 29th.
    MorkManmatticus_bricks
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USA.Member Posts: 900
    edited December 2014
    ^ agreed. I was told to call because some of the 2015 sets will be out on the 29th...
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,712
    The lack of sales or the company mean a good thing for LEGO. It means that the stuff they would have had to discount they guessed right and removed/ran out on most before having to put it on sale.
    It appears many out there think they are owed a fantastic sale of items by LEGO. LEGO primarily discounts stuff to clear it out, like any other company.
    LegoboyAdeelZubairobi_g
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    That's true but it's always nice to find a good deal on something. Guess we're just spoiled.
    So anyone visit the store today and see the new sets put out?
  • JdslaterJdslater Member Posts: 59

So anyone visit the store today and see the new sets put out?

They seem to be sticking to the whole "1st January" thing quite well.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    The new city and Chima sets were all out (or rather in the process of being put out) at the Watford store yesterday (UK)
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    ^ Likewise at Milton Keynes.