Brickset.com Fix Requests

BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
edited December 2014 in Brickset.com
The forum & main website is pretty darn well created and maintained as-is. But I would like to make a couple requests if possible:

1. Fix the 'sideways' posting of pictures.

2. Fix the '#' of set numbers in mobile interface

3. Please break up the Star Wars category for 'Original Trilogy' to be Episode-wise. Just like how it is for the Prequel Trilogy, EU, CW, Yoda Chronicles, etc. and I expect the Sequel Trilogy will also be broken up into Ep. VII, VIII and IX. (Even better if you can break it up into the Yellow and Basic Flesh eras!)
margot

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,439
    1. In the forum? It's usually a result of problems with the metadata created by the camera used to take the photo. It can be corrected before uploading but post-uploading there's no way to know which orientation is right.

2. Unfortunately we don't have the ability to tweak the forum's mobile interface so can't add the custom javascript needed for this.

3. @CapnRex101 has been taking the lead on sorting out Star Wars and tagging the sets so I'll get him to reply.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    The OT Star Wars sets are already divided up into films by tags, I think @BrickDancer is hoping we can break get rid of the entire 'Original Trilogy' label to be replaced with the specific episode number.

I suppose we could divide the vehicles that appear in multiple films such as the Millennium Falcon by the minifigures included, which will give a pretty clear indication of the episode.
    BrickDancer
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Thanks @Huw for clarifying on the Picture orientation and #.

That's what I was hoping for @CapnRex101 that the OT sets could be easily divided because it is a whole lot to sift through in bulk. And I hadn't noticed the Episode tags were already implemented for most (missed some Endor & MF sets) until you just mentioned it. So I imagine it might be a quick fix of a few buttons pushed.

Thank you both for considering these tweeks!
  • platypusplatypus Member Posts: 1
    Noticed that the Built checkbox is in the Android mobile app, but the desktop version does not have this information available. It would be nice to see this information shared with the desktop version. It helps for tracking which sets that my son not only has but also has built.
    Poochy
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    I would like to see Brickset have the following pictures available for minifigures:

front shot
    back shot
    side shot (if applicable)
    Wouldn't we all :)
    Legoboydrdavewatfordbobabricks
  • DAVEmoonDAVEmoon Member Posts: 44
    Its All good.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,782
    edited April 2015
    I would like to see Brickset have the following pictures available for minifigures:

front shot
    back shot
    side shot (if applicable)
    There is a site where you can rotate minifigures (see the story here ...
    http://brickset.com/article/10011/minifiguniverse-com-rotatable-views-of-minifigs)

But unfortunately it is no longer updated after the founder died.

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    @CCC I also noticed that there's a member here who created the unofficial Lego minifig catalog app.
  • herbyderbyherbyderby CaliforniaMember Posts: 55
    Sorry if this is not the best place to request a Tag fix (I looked around).

The "glow in the dark" tag is at least missing Fairground Mixer. I don't think this is comprehensive but certainly all sets containing parts in the "White Glow" color should be tagged:
    http://brickset.com/parts/colour-White-Glow

Thanks!
    That's a tag that shouldn't really be needed given you can determine GitG sets from their inventory (although not easily, admittedly) and more importantly, it's too difficult to maintain going forwards. 

So, I've removed it.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,291
    obviously some old elements are missing, I don't see the classic ghost nor the majisto's magic wand
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Requests (forum):

1) A Brickset-proper set-search drop down that we used to have, but lost with the redesign
    2) The ability to use Ctrl+arrow keys to have the cursor jump words in the forum post editor
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    edited April 2015
    2) The ability to use Ctrl+arrow keys to have the cursor jump words in the forum post editor
    I have this using Google Chrome on Kubuntu 15.04 (and on Windows 7, iirc, so I don't think it's one of Kubuntu's global shortcuts).
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    On Firefox on Windows 7, pressing Ctrl+arrow keys jumps too far (the beginning of the line) for me, instead of by word. Interestingly, it only does this when using the WYSIWYG editor; when I edit the post as raw HTML, it jumps word-by-word as it should.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,248
    Noticed issues with the Summary table & graphs, the totals of sets in some themes, the number of sets owned & sets wanted are at odds with results when viewing the themes. Marvel total of sets is showing as 34, but selecting the theme shows a total of 53 matches, in summary I own 34 sets (should be 41) & wanted as 4 (should be 11 or 8 if not counting unreleased). Agents 24 (28), owned 6 (6) & wanted 5 (8, but 3 are unreleased). Star Wars 353 (453), owned 17 (26) & wanted 3 (4).
    xiahna
    What's your username on the main site? I'll log in as you and check it out.

Duplicates, unreleased, abnormal sets and so on are not included in the numbers. Does that help explain it?
    Vorpal

Somewhat, just what counts as abnormal sets?
    xiahna
    Use the category filter at the top of listings to see 'normal' sets.
    For Marvel,  the numbers tally, http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Marvel-Super-Heroes/mycollection-Owned/category-Normal == 34 sets, excluding extended product lines  http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Marvel-Super-Heroes/mycollection-Owned/category-Extended and other odds and ends http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Marvel-Super-Heroes/mycollection-Owned/category-Other

However there is a bug on the graph in that the URL is not correct so instead of showing sets you own it shows all sets which is why it's 53 when you click on it.

I'm updating the graphs tomorrow so this will be fixed, and more features added.
    Awesome. :smiley: 
    xiahna
  • talostalos Member Posts: 49
    I have been noticing on the part lists for a lot of the sets I am looking for, some parts will appear more than once, making it pretty confusing. I don't recall seeing that problem until recently. There are problems with how many sets a particular part appears in, too.
    LMK which sets and I'll investigate although bear in mind the inventories are at the mercy of LEGO's systems.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,214
    edited May 2015
    I noticed it recently, i think it was on the lonely mountain set on a couple of the sand green bricks...i assumed it was down to LEGO recoding parts or something.
    That was my first thought, and certainly in the case of the two sand green 2x4 entries in that set's inventory they do have different stock numbers.

As I've said before, but will repeat here again :-), we don't clean LEGO's inventories, we just publish them as they do, warts and all. It would be far too much work and other sites already do a good job.
    edited June 2015
    Is there an issue with the link to TRU today, as much as I'd love the Simpsons House for £15 it doesn't appear that price on their website.

• texaspetetexaspete U.K.Member Posts: 56
    Why is the 'Buy LEGO in UK' list so full of Argos 40% - 50% off items, when the items are not listed (in anyway that I can find) on the Argos website?
    Because thats last catalogues stuff that is still in their system in case one random store still has stock.