Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Bricking

brickingbricking LAMember Posts: 57
edited October 2011 in Introduce yourself
I'm recently back from my 'winter of the soul' which has lasted for 26 years! 8851 excavator was the last set I had until this year.
I started off with the HiPs legoland sets in the '70s & then bought all the 600 series with the minifigs when they arrived in '78.
I was lucky enough to get 853 car chassis for Christmas in '77 & that started a long love of technic. In '82 I was awarded a gold LEGO Master Builder badge for a technic motorbike as featured in summer Bricks 'n' Pieces.

Now my eldest daughter is 4 & I've been buying those old 600 sets from bricklink to get her interested.

Comments

• Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Welcome on board! (Or is that welcome back?)

That's a nice motorbike - I remember those tyres and I miss them .. great big bouncy things. No way they'd make something with that much solid plastic in it these days.

I was also a big technics fan back in the day. I'm just in the middle of building 8109, and I can't help thinking technics has lost something by dropping the studs from the beams.
  • giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    My daughter is almost 1, and she loves plundering/destroying my City of Atlantis. :) She also likes to pluck the wings, head, and tail off the "dragon" (I call it a turkey) in Ninjago's Dragon Fight. You may also be able to cheaply entertain your younger kid(s.)
  • brickingbricking LAMember Posts: 57
    don't tell anyone here, but I bought some cheap knock-off 'duplo' when she was younger. Even now she's older I tend to leave off the greebly bits... anything that could easily fall off & get lost... hide them away till she's older.