Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

should I buy the sandcrawler?

300.00 is a lot to get off of.How long do you guys think it will be available for?
Which brings me to another question, I for sure want to get the new slave1 that comes out January 1
Should I jump on it quick, or will it be around for a while. Just trying to see where to put my money
first. I am getting it to build for my own collection, not resale. Thanks

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    You can count on 2 years from release date for a SW UCS set, anything beyond that is a gamble. If you're gonna get the Sandcrawler anyways, then yes wait on the Slave-1. If you can wait on both, hold off until May 4th for a 'possible' saving or matching SW promo giveaway.

The ones of concern right now for SW UCS are R2-D2, Red Five X-Wing and less so is the Ewok Village.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,686
    ^ Although of those listed above by @BrickDancer‌, the Sandcrawler is by far the best SW model available for buildability. If you want fun, now, the Sandcrawler.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    ^Don't tell me that the day AFTER double points!
    Legoboy
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 540

You can count on 2 years from release date for a SW UCS set, anything beyond that is a gamble. If you're gonna get the Sandcrawler anyways, then yes wait on the Slave-1. If you can wait on both, hold off until May 4th for a 'possible' saving or matching SW promo giveaway.

The ones of concern right now for SW UCS are R2-D2, Red Five X-Wing and less so is the Ewok Village.

Wasn't the UCS B-Wing only around for less than one year?
    FollowsClosely
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^You're right @natro220‌ the B-wing only made it just past a year. Oct 2012 - Nov. 2013.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    natro220 said:

Wasn't the UCS B-Wing only around for less than one year?
    Sort of. Lego cleared out the B-Wing about 3/4 through it's run because it was such a slow seller. However it came back in stock on [email protected] for awhile after the firesale. It was available on Amazon and other online retailers for close to two years. Heck, I even found two sitting on the floor at the Legoland shop in Schaumburg Illinois a few weeks back.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    I really want the Sandcrawler as well. But I think it's about $50 overpriced. For example the Sea Cow is similar in size and weight yet is $250.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,686
    But it's a Sea Cow, not a Sandcrawler. ; o)
    cardgenius
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,218
    edited December 2014
    mathew said:

I really want the Sandcrawler as well. But I think it's about $50 overpriced. For example the Sea Cow is similar in size and weight yet is $250.

Yes - when it comes to the Sandcrawler it's $250 for the model and $50 for the Star Wars licence....

;-)
    Rails
  • JahcursJahcurs Member Posts: 40
    I got it a couple of weeks ago, I'm on about bag 9 of about 13, it's been a great build so far, it's almost like a panel per bag so it's been a good one to break out after work. It's not enormous either in my opinion and its a bit pricey but overall a really nice set.
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    I have to say this is one of the few UCS sets that I've actually dismantled simply to enjoy building it again (not the treads though I left those complete!)
    Legoboy
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,611
    I would buy the Sandcrawler first it's a year older and you will have time to purchase the Slave I for at least 2 years. Best thing to do is buy them during double VIP months, May 4th or any other LEGO Store promotions.
  • goldmanmikegoldmanmike Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the replies, guess I will wait tell they offer something cool like a exclusive SW polybag and X2 pionts. Going to get the sandcrawler first, then wait a while for slave-1, so its not a huge blow to the wallet.