Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links to help keep the forum online: LEGO.com Amazon

should I buy the sandcrawler?

300.00 is a lot to get off of.How long do you guys think it will be available for?
Which brings me to another question, I for sure want to get the new slave1 that comes out January 1
Should I jump on it quick, or will it be around for a while. Just trying to see where to put my money
first. I am getting it to build for my own collection, not resale. Thanks

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    You can count on 2 years from release date for a SW UCS set, anything beyond that is a gamble. If you're gonna get the Sandcrawler anyways, then yes wait on the Slave-1. If you can wait on both, hold off until May 4th for a 'possible' saving or matching SW promo giveaway.

The ones of concern right now for SW UCS are R2-D2, Red Five X-Wing and less so is the Ewok Village.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    ^ Although of those listed above by @BrickDancer‌, the Sandcrawler is by far the best SW model available for buildability. If you want fun, now, the Sandcrawler.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    ^Don't tell me that the day AFTER double points!
    Legoboy
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545

You can count on 2 years from release date for a SW UCS set, anything beyond that is a gamble. If you're gonna get the Sandcrawler anyways, then yes wait on the Slave-1. If you can wait on both, hold off until May 4th for a 'possible' saving or matching SW promo giveaway.

The ones of concern right now for SW UCS are R2-D2, Red Five X-Wing and less so is the Ewok Village.

Wasn't the UCS B-Wing only around for less than one year?
    FollowsClosely
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^You're right @natro220‌ the B-wing only made it just past a year. Oct 2012 - Nov. 2013.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    natro220 said:

Wasn't the UCS B-Wing only around for less than one year?
    Sort of. Lego cleared out the B-Wing about 3/4 through it's run because it was such a slow seller. However it came back in stock on [email protected] for awhile after the firesale. It was available on Amazon and other online retailers for close to two years. Heck, I even found two sitting on the floor at the Legoland shop in Schaumburg Illinois a few weeks back.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    I really want the Sandcrawler as well. But I think it's about $50 overpriced. For example the Sea Cow is similar in size and weight yet is $250.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    But it's a Sea Cow, not a Sandcrawler. ; o)
    cardgenius
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,258
    edited December 2014
    mathew said:

I really want the Sandcrawler as well. But I think it's about $50 overpriced. For example the Sea Cow is similar in size and weight yet is $250.

Yes - when it comes to the Sandcrawler it's $250 for the model and $50 for the Star Wars licence....

;-)
    Rails
  • JahcursJahcurs Member Posts: 40
    I got it a couple of weeks ago, I'm on about bag 9 of about 13, it's been a great build so far, it's almost like a panel per bag so it's been a good one to break out after work. It's not enormous either in my opinion and its a bit pricey but overall a really nice set.
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    I have to say this is one of the few UCS sets that I've actually dismantled simply to enjoy building it again (not the treads though I left those complete!)
    Legoboy
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    I would buy the Sandcrawler first it's a year older and you will have time to purchase the Slave I for at least 2 years. Best thing to do is buy them during double VIP months, May 4th or any other LEGO Store promotions.
  • goldmanmikegoldmanmike Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the replies, guess I will wait tell they offer something cool like a exclusive SW polybag and X2 pionts. Going to get the sandcrawler first, then wait a while for slave-1, so its not a huge blow to the wallet.