Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Tower Bridge and Trains

ThirdBuckEyeThirdBuckEye Member Posts: 44
edited December 2014 in Building and Techniques
I was just curious as to whether any of you have tried to mod a Tower Bridge so that it could accommodate a train. I was thinking of buying a 2nd set in order to try this. If anyone has tried this I would love to see pictures!

Comments

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Coincidentally I was just talking to someone in our LUG about this recently. They mentioned someone had done this and had it on display at a Brickworld event not too long ago. Try googling for it. Otherwise I can ask the person if they took photos of it.
    ThirdBuckEye
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,388
    Why? It's a road bridge.
    Matthew
  • ThirdBuckEyeThirdBuckEye Member Posts: 44
    I have seen the pictures and they are super impressive especially the one with the double track!!
  • ThirdBuckEyeThirdBuckEye Member Posts: 44
    CCC said:

Why? It's a road bridge.

Yeah I know but it takes up so much space to display I would like to incorporate it into the rest of the city using the train. Besides I could always remove the track to use it as a roadway that isn't micro scale ;)
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    CCC said:

Why? It's a road bridge.

Maybe his LEGO city built a replica of it as a train bridge?
    ThirdBuckEye
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 321
    CCC said:

Why? It's a road bridge.

It's lego, it can be whatever you want it to be.
    ThirdBuckEyeRevBlues
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    I have the TB sitting right beside me, looking at it, it looks like a great idea to do so. Probably would need to raise the arches by 2 or 3 bricks but that is not too difficult and would give a nice cachet in a layout.
    ThirdBuckEye
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,388
    edited December 2014

CCC said:

Why? It's a road bridge.

It's lego, it can be whatever you want it to be.

Of course it can, although it will no longer be Tower Bridge. The simplest way to convert it is to remove the towers and put a track across it. Or dismantle the towers and make shorter wider ones with bigger gaps if you want the train to go through something.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    His first post clearly stated "...mod a Tower Bridge..." This tells me he was pretty on board with it no longer being "Tower Bridge" from the get go.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,382
    I believe Andy Walker has done it for his city layout. Personally I think it looks a bit silly, but each to their own!