Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Exclusive Offer--One Day Only Sunday, December 14

Did anyone else notice this on the stores.lego.com page?

Exclusive Offer--One Day Only

Shop at the LEGO Store or shop.LEGO.com on Sunday, December 14 and you'll earn DOUBLE the VIP points on all purchases!

Earn a $5 reward for every $50 you spend!

Offer only valid December 14, 2014 at the LEGO Store and shop.LEGO.com.

Not a LEGO VIP member? Sign up today in store or at VIP.LEGO.com to take advantage of this special offer.

While it's only on the NA landing page, it is titled "Worldwide News".
TXLegoguymargotColoradoBricksmadforLEGOZathrasLegoKipsklambAngel_C

Comments

• kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,153
    edited December 2014
    Must be due to the lackluster sales from black friday, hopefully TLG learned their lesson and give better deals in the future.
    Poochy
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,733
    Too bad it isn't for January 14.
    margot
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Thx for the heads up.
  • VaderXVaderX Member Posts: 220
    If this is true I will be calling for double points on my two orders I just place two days ago...
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,926
    kwkw said:

Must be due to the lackluster sales from black friday, hopefully TLG learned their lesson and give better deals in the future.

I know that I scaled back on the Lego I buy at this time of year simply because there few places I could find much of any discount for what sets I wanted.

TXLegoguycloaked7
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 477
    Thanks for sharing!
  • jasonord69ajasonord69a UKMember Posts: 396
    kwkw said:

I think that general availability in stores shows that sales have been anything but lackluster.
    Their busiest ever sales period would be a better way to describe their performance.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,926
    edited December 2014
    My Target definitely has more on their shelves compared to last year.
    It is still early, though.
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    Is this only in the US?
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,949
    ^ No - I've just received a mail from Lego. Double VIP points for one day only on 5th January in Germany.
    LostInTranslation
    Oh sure, when the new sets are out. Nicely played Europe, nicely played...
    LostInTranslationbinaryeyeLegoKipgmonkey76
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 918
    ^^ Same for the UK, I've just received an email. An ideal time to grab the UCS Slave 1, I can't wait (waves hands in a Wallace-like fashion!)
    HangedSanchezAndor
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839

kwkw said:

I think that general availability in stores shows that sales have been anything but lackluster.
    Their busiest ever sales period would be a better way to describe their performance.
    We can agree to disagree. The Lego on shelves right now is exponentially more than years past during this time....and it isnt because they got better at production or distribution. People need sales to justify the purchase. Last year, the Friends aisle was like a bread aisle during the zombie apocalypse. I can walk right into, say, a Walmart or Target and pick up almost any set of my choosing.
    pharmjodgmonkey76
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    Will definitely be interesting to see how it turns out.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,176
    jasor said:

kwkw said:

We can agree to disagree. The Lego on shelves right now is exponentially more than years past during this time....and it isnt because they got better at production or distribution. People need sales to justify the purchase. Last year, the Friends aisle was like a bread aisle during the zombie apocalypse. I can walk right into, say, a Walmart or Target and pick up almost any set of my choosing.
    The sales are likely to offset the loss of not having exclusives on sale or allowing such sales all year. LEGO would much rather have you buying sets like Joust at double points instead of waiting til they need to discount them more to clear them out.
    gmonkey76
  • flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl ScotlandMember Posts: 147
    I just got one of these too, double VIP points on January 5th. I am in the UK. Just in time for detective agency!
    scottwb2010
  • scottwb2010scottwb2010 ScotlandMember Posts: 236
    ^ me too. Just hope they have plenty DO's in stock as think there will be a high demand
    flowerpotgirl
  • jasonord69ajasonord69a UKMember Posts: 396
    jasor said:

kwkw said:

Must be a big difference across the pond. Loads of gaps at retailers in the UK and stock levels are generally low all round.
  • JahcursJahcurs Member Posts: 40
    Just got the Jan 5th email, my wife can't get mad now, double points and a slave 1!
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 777
    No e-mail for me. Not that it matters, I want to get a few sets on Jan 1st.
  • WallaceWallace Member Posts: 134
    Got an email for double points on Jan 5th too, I'm trying to convince the wife that we need to buy something big so as to take advantage of the offer.
    flowerpotgirlAndor
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    Wallace said:

Got an email for double points on Jan 5th too, I'm trying to convince the wife that we need to buy something big so as to take advantage of the offer.

Remind her of that new purse she she has to have, even though she has 8 that are less than 4 months old already :)
  • WallaceWallace Member Posts: 134
    waynegg said:

Wallace said:

Remind her of that new purse she she has to have, even though she has 8 that are less than 4 months old already :)
    Ha, the conundrum that I'm facing is that it is my wife's birthday on the 8th Jan. I don't think I can convince her that the UCS Slave 1 I've just bought is actually for her, hopefully the Frozen castle will be available by then and I can butter her up with that as she is very excited about that.
    Anyone buy anything today?
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Grabbed an AT-AT as a gift, do you get double VIP points if you buy a gift card?
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,285
    Nope
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,474
    margot said:

Anyone buy anything today?

No! I am trying really hard to be a good boy and just wait for the Detective Office.
    I didn't buy anything either. I wish we had double points day in January.
    CircleKPitfall69binaryeyeyys4u
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 247
    Wanted to buy #42000 Grand Prix Racer. Was at a Christmas party last night, by the time I was back home (one hour after the star of the sale) it was gone... Oh well
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 270
    Technic 4x4 for my 6 yr old. He will LOVE IT.
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 683
    edited December 2014
    Dawn said:

Wanted to buy #42000 Grand Prix Racer. Was at a Christmas party last night, by the time I was back home (one hour after the star of the sale) it was gone... Oh well

Me too, minus the Christmas party part. I was really hoping it would make it to the double points offer. :(
  • wrangler6915wrangler6915 USA - Lincoln NEMember Posts: 496
    70813 Rescue Reinforcements. Figured it was on sale, so why not. Has some unique minifigure torsos and pretty good piece count for around $50...
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,356
    ZERO!
    Pitfall69
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    edited December 2014
    I bought two new city sets: 60083 Snowplough & 60082 Dune Buggy Trailer. Lots of Exo-suit sets to be had, too.

I'm glad I went to the B&M store because one of the staff handed me the train ornament from this year's Brick Friday event. "We're giving these to all VIP members who make a purchase today," he said. That was a nice surprise (along with double points).
    margot
    So I put in an order on the 12th, if I call and ask will they credit me double points for that order if I say I wasn't aware of double points two days later?
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 568
    You can try chubbles
    Gooker1 said:

You can try chubbles

It worked! Thanks!

• chertikchertik Member Posts: 43
    I bought the technic Volvo wheel loader on Sunday and got $25 in VIP points for it :)
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 568
    Chubbles said:

Gooker1 said:

You can try chubbles

It worked! Thanks!

Nice!
    MorkMan
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 541
    Completely forgot about it, as I woke up late!
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
    I bought some DeLorean Time machines and one copy of Rescue Reinforcements. Both sets were on sale. I bought some Winter Village Markets at full price and a Tower Bridge in a pear tree.
    LegoKip
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,492
    @SilentMode‌ it wasn't on in the UK was it? I thought we were just getting double points on 5th January?
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 541
    ...Oh okay. Nevertheless, I time travelled all the way back from January 5th, and sure enough there are double VIP points on offer over here.
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    And now the US stores site is updated to show another double points day on Sunday December 21, 2014.
    What? That's crazy. How about January?!!!!!
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,131
    Bought the Parisian Restaurant for my fiance for her birthday on the 30th and got the double points for it.

I did buy two items the day before as Christmas gifts as to not tip her off to my plans (and to make sure I got them before Christmas) at the B&M store, any chance that if I call Lego they can apply double points to those purchases?

It would push me up to $75 in rewards which I intend to put towards the Sandcrawler.
    The person I spoke to did it for me and he said it depends on the rep that you speak with. If the first person says no, call back and speak to someone else.
    MorkMan
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 348
    I can't imagine that sales are slow for LEGO at their stores. I mean the no discount policy on exclusives should bring the shoppers in record numbers since nobody has to be bothered with waiting for a sale.

Also, shoppers don't have to worry about the store being too crowded by parents only looking to buy what would probably be one of the top toys of 2014, Elsa's frozen ice castle, if it were released this year.

I just can't understand why LEGO would need to have these double point promotions with all of the good business decisions they are making.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,356
    ^ You're forgetting that nobody NEEDS to buy Lego. There were better sales earlier in the Christmas shopping season and before. All of my Lego shopping was done last summer for my children so I have spent almost nothing with Lego directly since October when I bought the advent calendars.

If you look at the top 25 sellers on the Lego website you will notice that only 2 of them are over $100. That tells me people are going cheap this year.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    Sales in-store and online for many retailers here in the US are down a little bit from last year, it's not just Lego.
    CurvedRoadPlate