Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Bricksetting, 16th October 2011

LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
edited October 2011 in Community and Events
Weather permitting I'm throwing a BBQ - similar to Huw's successful afternoon in May.

It will be a good excuse for those that couldn't get to STEAM last weekend to meet up with other Bricksetters and for those that do know each other to drink beer and do a little trading.

If you can get to Cippenham, near Slough, UK on Sunday 16th and fancy meeting with fellow Brickset users, drop me a line and I'll send you more details. Short notice I know, but then I don't know how much longer this tropical weather is going to hold out for.

Over 18s only, please :o)

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    Logistics permitting, count me in :p
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    ^ Forgot about that. You better start making your way after work on Friday!! :o)
    ^ I'm sure I can get to Slough, it will be the last bit that's tricky. I'm having a bit of a nightmare day today involving some crazy transport so I'm sure getting to you will be straightforward by comparison
    ^ About 5 minutes walk from Burnham train station - via Slough. Just to make it very clear, I DO NOT live in Slough!
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    edited October 2011
    I grew up in Slough ... OK, Langley ... so I know the area well. I think Julie will be working that day, so I'll need to check if I can come ;o)
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    I will be there, and as I will not be able to get any of the Sun promo's for next week :( will be looking to trade/buy a few sets.
    Tried to get some Pudsey's lunchtime as I thought it may help some people out but they hadnt got any at Stratford. Will try again later this week.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    I should be ok for the Sunday, maybe just me and the kids though.
    Funny how no one ever admits to living in or being from Slough itself :-)
    Is it that bad??

@princedraven: I'm going to try and get the sun promos for me and my bro, I can try and pick you up some as well if they don't limit numbers. I doubt they will and besides the guys in Smiths in GX (near work) know I'm a Lego nut after past promotions and pestering as to when they'll have next lot of CMFs in :p
    @LostInTranslation - If you could it would be greatly appreciated. The little fella loves these polybags. I don't have a lot to trade, but sure we can work something. :)
    edited October 2011
    Is it that bad??
    I wouldn't know - never lived there! :o)

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,384
    I'll be there, I've just reached the age limit :-)
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,228
    ^ What, is there an upper age limit, @Huw ?

;-)

Thanks for the invite, @flump6523 - I should be OK for this.
    Doc, Huw - call us The Next Generation! ;op

Just so I know for catering etc., can you let me know whether you'll be bringing partners/kids etc?

Cheers.
    I'll be on my own, I suspect, but if that changes I'll LYK.
    I will be bringing partner/kids, not sure who's yet though. :)
    Popped to Stratford lunchtime and they now have Pudsey in.
    So if anyone wants a 3029: Pudsey Bear let me know and I will bring some along.
    And as it's for charity it offers guilt free Lego fun!
    Cheers, Prince - 3 for me please if you wouldn't mind !
    I'll take 2 please.
    Slow coaches - you mean haven't already got them??
    Neither have you!! (yet :p)
    edited October 2011
    Lost? Play along! :)

Whose going to offer to organise my hoard of The Sun polys and bring them a long on Sunday then? I haven't as much freedom as I had last May.
    edited October 2011
    ^^ You star !

I'm still trying to bribe the wife to sort me out for Sun polys next week, but I have to say her price is eye-wateringly high....
    @flump: I'm not letting you take the credit for me being super-organised and getting them on Monday!! (and being late for school in the process :)

As I said before, i'll see what i can do about The Sun polys, but it's me first, my bro&nephew 2nd, then if I get any extras I'll let you know.
    @LostInTranslation would appreciated it if you can keep me on the list somewhere if you manage to get extra polys.
    The fact that they may be in the train stations means I might get lucky, but last time the Mirror did them the staff at Liv St station were dreadful. "No we are not doing it, oh, oh yeah, no we are out of them" etc and this at 8am!?!?!
    edited October 2011
    ^^Fantastic - thank you. James 3rd....Joe/Sam 4th-5th. Prince - after everyone else! Thanks Lost.
    edited October 2011
    Nice one Prince, thanks.

James/Geoff, I'll certainly see what I can do, but perhaps you should get a few people on the job in case someone comes up short (i.e. please don't rely solely on me and then be disappointed!).
    ^ Okay, the bbq deal has been revised.

For those attending, there will now be a charge of one of each polys entrance fee.

"Is he kidding or isn't he"? I dunno!? ;o)
    No.1-Lucy (we all knew that anyway!), No.2-Rob/Rohan, No.3-Geoff (cos he mentioned it first, No.4-James et al.
    I should be alright with the entrance fee anyway, I've got a whole carrier bag full for you that I can hold hostage :)
    ^^ Really looking forward to all the displays and building events you have planned for the day @flump6523 ;)
    edited October 2011
    ^^ Hey? Geoff doesn't count! Well actually, he needs stock from you to pass to me so I guess so! :o)

.....and oh yes, forgot you had my stash!
    Bugger that! All of my gear is being safely stored at parents house until we're in our new place. Now there's a thought......their place is much bigger than mine. "Mum? What are you doing on the 16th?"
    If anyone is in need of one of these I bought a few spares (so can bring along to BBQ):

Can't remember how much they were, only a few quid or something. Just remember someone asking the other day for one so thought I would offer.
    I wouldn't mind a couple - thanks.
    @princedraven, I'd like one please.
    Will check when I get home, think I only have about 3 spares, so that will be them gone.
    edited October 2011
    dumb question, what is it, and why should I want one?
    Sales stuff! Not my wording:
    The ultimate tool for a Lego builder!

Measure your model’s height and length just like the Lego Master Builders with this professional Lego ruler! Whether you’re building with bricks or Technic axles and beams, this handy tool has all the measurements you’ll need to build it right. A must-have tool for any Lego designer!

The ruler is approximately 16cm long and 9.7cm high and is red in colour.

• MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^ I think they're really useful, but they disappear into thin air round here(!), so I'm trying to amass as many of them as I can while they are still around.
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,312
    I can' t believe there is a craze for these at the moment, I picked one up a couple of years ago and packed it away and forgot about it. The guy selling these on eBay must be wondering what's going on?

BTW I have a spare??
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Thanks for the invite. Bit far for us. But I give Lucy permission to hold any or all poly's to ransom in exchange for sausages.
    PS I think this is the free legoland week isn't it? for VIP memebers. you could go en masse
    ^ Lol. How was your Legoland trip?
    Thanks Savage, we girls have to stick together! Shame its too far for you to come.

I'm trying to convince friends to go to legoland on 15th Oct. They're being boring at the moment. On a side note, the girls at my hairdressers had their Xmas party last year after hours at legoland. I'll have to suggest that to the boss for next year...
    ^ Don't get too excited. Sarah's had a couple there. It's a marquee next to the car park!!
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,312
    Anybody still missing sun polys? I have a couple of each up for grabs that I can bring along?
    ^ I'm all set thanks. In fact I've got some to bring along too for flump and princedraven! Looking forward to meeting you.
    I'm hoping to acquire/trade a few of this week's, so yes everyone do please bring your surplus!
    Agreed - I didn't get today's Ninjago set, but do have spares from some of the other days
    I'll bring some spares along
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Have a great time folks, sorry I cant come, in the middle of lots of work on the house, so my spare time is very limited at the mo. If your trading of polys doesnt get you all where you want to be, you know who to ask :)