Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Missing Packs Request Lego Site

BarbWireBarbWire Member Posts: 12
edited October 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
Hi all,
I purchased some sets from Toys R Us just over a month ago and a few of these sets have missing packs, Now I have only just opened these sets and discovered that packs are missing which are mainly minifigs pack 1 except for one which also has pack 2 missing and it's over a month and I did not fancy taking them back to Toys R Us so I requested the missing packs from Lego directly and I have assembled the sets so that would prove quite difficult. I have a photo of my receipt which I have emailed Lego but the email I got back from them prior to this was a message asking me to package up the set and they will send me a replacement but this is a lot of cash and messing about for me and I simply don't have the cash or free time to do this as my life is so hectic, I thought they would just send me the missing packs instead? I'm quite dissapointed about this. As the sets were pack 1 I just fixed up what I had but it's quite sad that I am missing the minifigs which are the best part! I think after this experience I won't buy them from Toys R Us anymore as the sets were purchased fom there and something has got to be up if the sets with missing packs are minifigs only. Has anyone else gone through this situation before and would Lego be willing to send me just the missing packs without me having to send the sets back now I have sent them a photo of my receipt?
Thanks.

Comments

• BustinBustin Member Posts: 286
    There is a direct link on the Lego website for ordering missing pieces. I just ordered a missing minifig torso without hassle. At the very bottom of the Lego website on the left side it says missing parts. Go there and type in your set number. Then select the parts that you are missing and they will mail them to you.
  • BarbWireBarbWire Member Posts: 12
    Hi Bustin,
    Thanks for your message, that is where I have requested my missing packs on the official Lego site but they are wanting me to return the whole set to the Lego company for a replacement, They gave me an address to send it to the Lego company and they said once they get it they would send a replacement. I will not bother to go back to Toys R Us with it being over a month and I have opened and done the sets up. I can't understand why they would ask me to send the whole set I have to them for a replacement when they could just send me the missing parts.
  • BustinBustin Member Posts: 286
    In the automatic e-mail I received prior to the confirmation that the missing torso was mailed out it said that from time to time Lego does request sets be mailed to them for quality control purposes. Other than that I have no idea.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,350
    Call Lego at their customer service number.. It is rare they say no like this, but if people have been abusing this then they may.
    Thank you both for the replies, I sent a message back with my receipt proof so I'm just hoping to hear back from them soon. It was horrible to open my sets and see the minifigs missing, The thing is that the boxes are easily resealed so it's hard to tell if they are tampered with at times. This has happened to me a few times now as well so I hope to get it sorted out and I know where not to buy Lego from in the future.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,028
    @BarbWire, since you mentioned that this happened to you more than once, I would suggest that you do open sets you buy at retails stores as soon as possible to make sure all the content is there. You may not build the set at that time, but at least you would have the peace of mind that you have the full set, and if not you can exchange it at TRU.
    Did LEGO give you a return label? If they are requesting to send back the whole set they should pay for shipping. It is going to be quite expensive. )c:
    I am definitely going to be more careful now in future. I have only recently started collecting lego a few months ago and bought mostly from TRU and Argos. Lego did not give me nothing to return the sets to but they have my receipt now as I sent a picture of it to them and they said they will get back to me soon so I'm hoping it doesn't come to having to return it to Lego. It has happened to 3 sets I purchased from TRU and I'm still waiting for a reply for 2 of the sets which I requested packs on Friday but still no email about them sending me the parts.

• LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    Youch.... it definately sounds like you need to find new shopping venues. This sounds more like retailer issues than manufacturer issues. I always inspect my boxes to make sure there has been no tampering with them.

As @akunthita said, it's probably best if you inspect a set at the store at time of purchase.

I think you also have to understand LEGOs cautious approach, as they don't know if you are an honest customer or not. I bet there are plenty of unscrupulus consumers out there that try to get an extra bag of parts (especially if it's minifigs) from LEGO, even though they aren't actually missing.
    It's definitely TRU that have caused this problem, I have heard that they can refuse returns if they have been opened so it would probably be a waste of time me taking them back and it's been over a month. Still no reply from Lego so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.