Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

kor: Ohio AFOL

korkor Member Posts: 392
edited May 2011 in Introduce yourself
Hello everyone! My name is Keith. I'm an AFOL from Ohio. Married with two great kids. I've been playing with Lego since I was a kid and I've never really stopped, except for 1 or 2 brief "dark ages".

My occupation covers a lot of areas but in its simplest form I do graphic design and video production for several different companies.

Its hard to say what my favorite themes is. I like them all for different reasons but I grew up as a dedicated Castle fan and still have a soft spot for those classic sets.

Comments

• CrankinCrankin Member Posts: 17
    Keith. Where are you from? I'm in Columbus. I'm also a graphic designer.
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    I'm a bit farther north in the Canton area.
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    I live just outside of Columbus in Grove City. Could use pointers on how to make sweet MODS of my own.
    I figured Columbus would have a good AFOL base.
    I know it has one because of the Lego store we have down here, but since I can't seem to get my imagination to work like other people who do MOCs or MODs. Thats why I would like pointers or tips on how to make cool buildings.
    We've got a Lego store opening this week up here. Can't wait for that! I'm sure there will be a lot of people on here with pointers. I'll be looking for some myself since I haven't built anything of significance in several years.
    Make sure you go get the grand opening set that they'll have...they are always neat.
    Will do. We're going to be there opening day and I bet its going to be crazy!

When did Columbus open theirs?
    If i remember right it was in late spring/ early summer 2009. I even think MArket Street was still available as GC hadn't come out yet.
  • CrankinCrankin Member Posts: 17
    We went to the Columbus opening. Line was wrapped around the building. They were having people help build a 7 foot tall yoda. The store is always packed. But it is fairly small. I would have liked to see them do more with the store. And you are correct. Market street was on the shelf at opening.
  • legobuzzard39legobuzzard39 Member Posts: 1
    Hello my fellow buckeyes! My name is Michael and I'm AFOL and father a budding 8 y\o boy who just can't get enough of them. We live in Steubenville but will be @ the grand opening in Beechwood also.
  • Blue1dotBlue1dot Member Posts: 78
    I'm Blue1dot, your neighbor to the south in West Virginia. Haven't been to the Columbus store yet, hope to get up there soon.