Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Toys Я Us Deals

1373839404143»

Comments

• TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 327
    I'm probably wrong, but I suspect declaring bankruptcy and shutting all the stores may have been an elaborate ruse. It gave them a chance to clear out merchandise that otherwise may have sat on shelves for years, while at the same time getting out of paying off their entire $5billion worth of debt.
    They'll probably be able to hire new employees and pay them less than the old long term workers.They also might be able to negotiate new lower leases on the buildings they left empty. 
    Now they can reopen with a well known name (free from debt?) and stock the shelves with proven sellers. 
    BrickByBrickgmonkey76
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,449
    Stocking the shelves could be a challenge. Vendors likely got pennies on the dollar, if anything, when TRU shut down, and I would think that at least some of the money from selling the IP would have gone to those vendors. I would not want to be the TRU rep calling vendors they just ripped off. "Hi, sorry we stiffed you on millions of dollars in product, could you send us more?"
    pharmjodgmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,853
    They would run back to a new TRU in seconds.  TRU may not have been profitable, but they moved tons of product.
    Onebricktoomany
  • KeilupKeilup Frisco, TXMember Posts: 130
    edited October 2018
    They do have a fairly extensive wholesale network, so there is something to that.  But sub-stores sounds like a novel approach!

Put a 'Geoffrey's Toy Box' in your local supermarket or at Best Buy or other non 'toy' retailers could be lucrative.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,433
    edited April 25
    You sure are impatient about TRU. This article was about last Christmas.
    LEGOFan2im2cre8iv
  • im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 58
    Why post here @LEGOFan2 when there’s already a separate thread (that you’ve posted on) discussing when TRU is coming back? Please keep threads on topic. This thread is about TRU deals.
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 591
    Thought I fell asleep in the time machine again...
    SprinkleOtter
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,433
    “Thank you for using Suicide Booth”

”Doesn’t look so shiny to me.”
    ”Shinier than yours, meatbag!”
    monstblitz
    Thought I fell asleep in the time machine again...
    Let's do the time warp agaaain!
    monstblitz