Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Toys Я Us Deals

Comments

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    ^^my TRU in store sign said the $2 for 5 minifig deal was only through today.
    Must be then...
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 994
    @AlMcGuirefan......is only the Sunnyvale store surviving in the south bay area?
    I'm guessing a number of stores closing have a lot to do with lease agreements.
    Astrobricks
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    ryjay said:
    @AlMcGuirefan......is only the Sunnyvale store surviving in the south bay area?
    No.

Blossom Hill may have survived the axe because it was on the list: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2018/01/24/see-if-your-toys-r-us-store-closure-list/1060761001/
    but it didn't have the Closing Signs the Plant has.
    ryjay
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,869
    Finally had the time and tolerable weather to get over to TRU, and found evidence for the hypothesis that they'll send LEGO inventory to stores that remain open.

Only good deal was 20 #41231 $13.48 (marked half off and 10% off of that), and that wasn't a steal. #41232 marked $49.99 and #41234 marked $9.99, not quite good enough. I also saw those sets on clearance at WM and Target.
    CMFs were already gone. Many sets were still at full price and excluded from the 10% off, marked with a yellow dot.

• gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,438
    edited February 2018
    Stopped in at a TRU by my parents out in the suburbs, and they had the new Speed Champions sets out at regular price. I bought two sets no problem. I will post pictures of new parts in the right place when I get home.
    madejp86madforLEGOIceCreamCloneBlueTaco
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 316
    @gmonkey76 just went to my local toys r us in NWI found the new speed champions sets as well picked up a couple 
    gmonkey76
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 937
    If anyone happens to see the #70912 Arkham Asylum go on sale again, put it on here!
  • nychromastonenychromastone The Empire StateMember Posts: 154
    it's official now, storewide markdowns 10-30%. all sales final

Lego reduced 5% only.

Plenty of #40298 DJ but not sure if #30526 Ultimate Batmobile ever made it to my store. bummer

• juggles7juggles7 United StatesMember Posts: 452
    I live in north Florida, and there, I was too early, then too late to take advantage of the TRU store closing locally. My store was one of the first to be announced as closing, and this was before the announcement that all TRU stores were to close. Shoppers seem to have emptied the store of Lego before any significant discount was given, but I also like action figures and picked up several at 50% off, also picked up some Mega Construx Call of Duty sets at 50% off as well. I live within driving distance of many other TRU stores in the southeastern US and would be grateful if others would share what they are seeing at their local TRUs. The sweet spot seems very brief and timing is everything. Would love to score some Lego at a decent discount. Share your news, please! 
    KingAlanI
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,433
    I stopped in the Burnsville store today. All LEGO was only marked 5% off. Plenty on the shelves still. 
    juggles7
    29 #41485 BrickHeadz Finn $4 - good but not great, still bought them all, similar to what I did last trip.

#75119 Jyn Erso constraction $4.99
    #71222 Laval fun pack $1.79
    Might go back for those, but constraction pieces are harder to sell, and I wasn't sure about the part out value for the Dimensions set. The store WiFi was still on but my phone battery was near-dead

@juggles7 I saw a lot of Mega Construx, but not Call of Duty - some Destiny (didn't check price), 62-piece Power Rangers set $2.99, and 995-piece Viking longship $32 (60% off)
    77ncaachampsjuggles7
    Part out ratio for both is about 3, very good but not extraordinary for having to deal with constraction parts
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,853
    (The Finn scanned at $9.99, so I didn't buy any.)
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 685
    It might be helpful if people are going to post about deals at TRU that they should mention if it was a TRU that was part of the 180 store closing announced in Jan. or part of the whole franchise closing.  Cause it would seem LEGO discounts are much different.
    KingAlanIjuggles7
    The shelf sign said $9.99, but it did scan at $4 after general discounts. similar with the $14.99 sign on jyn erso
    77ncaachamps
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 273
    edited April 2018
    So, FYI a ToysRUs in Connecticut had a newer shipment of S18, at 5% off scanned at $3.79 each. It looked to me like most LEGO had been shipped out, as well as electronics. Although advertising up to 40% off, most things in the store were only 5%.
    I should mention it was one of the original 180 stores announced to close last January. They still had a lot of full shelves.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,449
    red237 said:
    I should mention it was one of the original 180 stores announced to close last January. They still had a lot of full shelves.
    Is that the North Haven store? I'm planning to hit there and Milford tomorrow, but if North Haven is cleared out no need to make the trip up there.
    edited April 2018
    Manchester
    The policeman was gone, so someone else is trolling it.

Stopped by local TRU. Smaller Lego section but still only 5%.

no. Thank. You.
    juggles7Fizyxgmonkey76dehnehsu
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,449
    Milford, CT Toys R US better stocked than I have ever seen in the past, only %5 off. They had the Ferris Wheel and Taj Mahal, which I had never seen on their shelves before.
    juggles7
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,328
    Milford, CT Toys R US better stocked than I have ever seen in the past, only %5 off. They had the Ferris Wheel and Taj Mahal, which I had never seen on their shelves before.
    That is why I really am wondering if all stores will wind up closed. It sounds like that billionaire's offer fell though (not really sure why as it was a hefty offer for something that is being closed out of existence,but anyway...). I went to one TRU by me at it appears they are business as usual. Same staff appears to be there and looking indifferent as they always to. Aside from the big banners on the front of the building you would not think they were closing. Especially when they are getting new items like Series 18 into their store (though I guess that could have been agreed to before the closure notices)
    Perhaps the additional merchandise came from the warehouses used in filling online orders. I was buying from their site, everything was full price and well-stocked as usual, and the next day, it was over. Most of their online stock was in Ohio; all the packages I got from them were shipped from there. Perhaps they shipped some of that stock to stores for liquidation. It would have been a silly and costly way of doing things, but nonetheless, it's very possible. If so, that would explain why some stores are still getting new stock. Don't kid yourself about any part of their business surviving. They're toast!
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,820
    The stores in my area have signs saying "clearing our warehouses new inventory daily".
    juggles7
    Well, part of what killed them was not being able to move as much product as they thought they could last holiday season, so it makes sense there was a lot in the warehouses.
    juggles7
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,393
    I wonder if this whole thing is just a ploy to sell all the garbage and keep all the retail sellable merchandise. How bad will their position be then? 
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 318
    They will be completely liquidated.  They do not have the cash on hand to service their massive debt and a restructure is out of the question.  Someone might buy the naming rights and copyrights, but TRU as we know it is all but dead.
    juggles7pharmjodSumoLegostlux
  • AwesomenessAwesomeness OhioMember Posts: 183
    My toysrus finally increased there lego from 5 to 10% now. Would get a couple of things I want but that amazing toysrus tax of increasing there stuff still puts it either with or above retail price with the lego website.
    It also hurts that there's no Reward points, no 10% off on Thursdays using their credit card, no discounted gift cards, no returns, and they won't honor tax-exempt certificates. As always, you'd better know your prices before going in there. Don't be one of the many overpaying.
    tomahawker
    ^The only reason I walked out with a couple series 18 minifigures. 
    Checked out a TRU in south Alabama today. Construction toys only 10% off. Fashion dolls and action figures 20% off. Sign outside said "Up to 40% off" though I couldn't find anything fitting that description. Shelves were full and shoppers were few.  
    the 40% off is on ribbons and wrapping paper.... or at least that was the case at the store near me
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 169
    Sunnyvale, Calif. LEGO only 10% off. Cobwebs growing on most of the well stocked LEGO aisle. They do have a sign up saying more shipments are coming in until the warehouses are empty. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,853
    dehnehsu said:
    ...They do have a sign up saying more shipments are coming in until the warehouses are empty...
    Is this supposed to entice me to buy now?  Or is this some sort of reverse-psychology passive-aggressive marketing scheme?
    Fizyxgmonkey76OnebricktoomanydavetheoxygenmanAstrobricksdehnehsuSprinkleOtter
  • MachONEMachONE USMember Posts: 37
    YMMV but my store had a sign up 'today only extra 10% off'. With the construction discount of 10% it made the Sanctum Sanctorum worth doing for me as I have not seen it on sale yet.
    Onebricktoomany77ncaachamps
  • samtheqsamtheq USAMember Posts: 47
    My local store had the "today only extra 10%" signs up yesterday, and today I went one town over and they had the same signs (maybe still up from the weekend).  I asked the cashier what the timeline was, and she said while the liquidation originally planned to go through mid-May, it would now be the end of June!
    Just change the name to Liquidations R Us already :)
    spepperFizyx
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720

My toys r us is as awful as the other ones 
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 327
    My TRU is now at 10% off for LEGO. But I noticed the posted price of several sets changed to about 10% over rrp. 
    TRU in the shopping malls (TRU Express stores, I guess they're named) have 20-30% Lego...

Whatever remains, that is.

They had a Hulk vs Red Hulk set...listed at $59.99...discounted to $42.

My Target clearanced them out at 50% their MSRP a week ago...$24.98
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 851
    Targets here have Hulk vs Red Hulk as "Was $99.98... new lower price, $59.99". I wish I was joking!
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,874
    Probably a residual of the massive price glitch a few weeks ago with $90 assembly squares. Some sets went to way above msrp.
    madforLEGOAstrobricks
    Targets here have Hulk vs Red Hulk as "Was $99.98... new lower price, $59.99". I wish I was joking!
    I have seen that on the shelf labels, too.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,328
    pharmjod said:
    Probably a residual of the massive price glitch a few weeks ago with $90 assembly squares. Some sets went to way above msrp.
    Ugh, still wish I would have caught that sale.
    gmonkey76AstrobricksFizyxBumblepantsstarwars4everSumoLegoM_Boss
    ^ you and me both.
    AstrobricksSumoLego
    FWIW. Saw this on a toy Twitter thread (Action figure Junkies).

juggles7
    Stopped in at one of the second round closing stores today. LEGO was all 15% off even though the big signs all say ENTIRE STORE 30%to50% OFF. LEGO section was less than half its former size.
    Also, I saw this sign on the door as I was leaving. So apparently the liquidator is milking this for all its worth. 

juggles7