I'm a sucker for AC. Really! All since I played Prince of Persia at my Amiga 500 I have loved "Assassin's Creed". It's my "other" nerd hobby. As many others - I love my other interests to be expressed in LEGO (such as Lord of the Rings). So just to fill up another meaningless thread, I wondered if ASSASSIN'S CREED would be a too big a dare for LEGO?The obvious PRO's:
- it's sold 78 million copies
- a hollywood movie
- LEGO get's an opportunity to release another shipOther great PRO's:
- Multiple pseudo historical time sets opportunities
- Lots of historical characters
So far so good....The CON's
- "assassin's" could give some kids association with murder... but they have done that before! (ref 1
and ref 2
- too much blood... well, we've discussed that before... you can turn the blood option off in the game! (Not that I've tried it)
- You're not allowed to throw with LEGO bricks, specially not if they are directed at people's eyes... but hey, LEGO is making shooting mechanisms all the time. Think about it: How about a shooting mechanism integrated in a MINIFIG? That'd sell massively... I'm convinced!
- It looks too much like Prince of Persia... a theme which flopped I heard! Then again: I'll argue that the movie flopped... not the theme! Kind of like Lone Ranger.
So what'd you think?
(NB! It's not my image... just googled it!)