Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Anyone else having trouble finding the Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape at TRU?

I was hoping to buy the Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape (#6857), but I'm seeing it's not available online, and it's not in any stores around here lately. I swear I saw a pile of them a few weeks ago. Is this one slated for retirement, or is this just a time when it's disappeared because of the holiday shopping?

Comments

• ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    It has been retired from LEGO a year ago, the fact that some TRU still have some is because it was overpriced at TRU at $59.99 ($39.99 RRP).
    I checked online and also all the stores around me are now out.
    CCC
  • sabrickssabricks Member Posts: 10
    I seen a over a dozen of them on Saturday.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    Huh; that's frustrating. I knew it had been retired from LEGO and gone to "exclusive" at TRU. I've passed on it over time hoping for a sale of some kind, but that never came around. Oh, well. That sucks.
  • joeejoee Member Posts: 42
    aw man I paid quite bit ($55) on ebay for it as you cannot find it here in Canada at all.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Last time I saw it at tru it was in clearance for a decent price. I got to go over there and I will looked and see if they still have some.
    I found one for $45, and I was relatively happy with that at the time. I'm thinking, though, that there's no reason for me to keep it since I really only want the Harley fig (I'll get Riddler through the other set, and I've got a Robin from a polybag). The rest of the set and "playability" or display just seems wasted.

Anyone else have similar thoughts about that?
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,848
    Not sure how long you have been passing on it but I believe it was just last Christmas that they could be had for ~$19 and change via some sales at TRU.
    pharmjod said:

Not sure how long you have been passing on it but I believe it was just last Christmas that they could be had for ~$19 and change via some sales at TRU.

Yeah, I had read that somewhere. I missed it last Christmas (because I didn't really get back into Lego until our kid was old enough to enjoy), and I've been frustrated by missing it since then. I can't imagine what kind sale they were running on it then, though, because it's been marked at $60 (which is way too high, I think) for a long, long time.