Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Anyone else having trouble finding the Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape at TRU?

I was hoping to buy the Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape (#6857), but I'm seeing it's not available online, and it's not in any stores around here lately. I swear I saw a pile of them a few weeks ago. Is this one slated for retirement, or is this just a time when it's disappeared because of the holiday shopping?

Comments

• ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,642
    It has been retired from LEGO a year ago, the fact that some TRU still have some is because it was overpriced at TRU at $59.99 ($39.99 RRP).
    I checked online and also all the stores around me are now out.
    CCC
  • sabrickssabricks Member Posts: 10
    I seen a over a dozen of them on Saturday.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    Huh; that's frustrating. I knew it had been retired from LEGO and gone to "exclusive" at TRU. I've passed on it over time hoping for a sale of some kind, but that never came around. Oh, well. That sucks.
  • joeejoee Member Posts: 42
    aw man I paid quite bit ($55) on ebay for it as you cannot find it here in Canada at all.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Last time I saw it at tru it was in clearance for a decent price. I got to go over there and I will looked and see if they still have some.
    I found one for $45, and I was relatively happy with that at the time. I'm thinking, though, that there's no reason for me to keep it since I really only want the Harley fig (I'll get Riddler through the other set, and I've got a Robin from a polybag). The rest of the set and "playability" or display just seems wasted.

Anyone else have similar thoughts about that?
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,886
    Not sure how long you have been passing on it but I believe it was just last Christmas that they could be had for ~$19 and change via some sales at TRU.
    pharmjod said:

Not sure how long you have been passing on it but I believe it was just last Christmas that they could be had for ~$19 and change via some sales at TRU.

Yeah, I had read that somewhere. I missed it last Christmas (because I didn't really get back into Lego until our kid was old enough to enjoy), and I've been frustrated by missing it since then. I can't imagine what kind sale they were running on it then, though, because it's been marked at $60 (which is way too high, I think) for a long, long time.