Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

7939 from [email protected] - Mistake?

wrangler6915wrangler6915 USA - Lincoln NEMember Posts: 497
Bought two of these last night (well, ok early this morning) and wondering if the listing was a mistake and should've been the new blue cargo train set instead? Order says it's "in warehouse" but given this set retired sometime earlier this year I think, I'm inclined to think the listing was an error. Any thoughts?

Comments

• twoninerkentwoninerken Member Posts: 48
    I did two orders last night (only one order included the cargo train). Both orders show as "in warehouse". It makes me wonder if they found a stack of 7939 after retirement and decided to add them to their Cyber Monday deals. Who knows, I guess we will just have to wait and see if the order goes through.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    @wrangler6915‌ @twoninerken‌ If you will, let me know how it turns out. It would be awesome if you got a few retired train sets. :-)
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    i placed an order on my phone last night, but for now it isn't showing up at all in my order history
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,306
    If Lego [email protected] cancels your order; call them up and they will most likely give you VIP points for your inconvenience.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,189
    ordered a #7939 as well, will be interesting to see if it ships
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 942
    Pitfall69 said:

If Lego [email protected] cancels your order; call them up and they will most likely give you VIP points for your inconvenience.

Yeah, the entitlement way of thinking. :)
  • wrangler6915wrangler6915 USA - Lincoln NEMember Posts: 497
    ^Well, it is an inconvenience in that if the order doesn't go through, that means I missed out on spending about $300 on other cyber Monday deals...
    matticus_bricksmdelleman
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 942
    edited December 2014
    ^^
    Thoughts and beliefs of today's generation. Just move on.
  • twoninerkentwoninerken Member Posts: 48
    Well my #7939 shipped last night. Hard to believe they still had these available.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    so did mine
    Just got confirmation that both of mine shipped as well. Getting a nice set that's retired (and at a discount) and the holiday set almost salvages what would otherwise be a crappy Black Friday season.
    madforLEGOCCC
    Got my confirmation this morning.
  • Chang405Chang405 Member Posts: 81
    Ordered one and it shipped today. It was funny how there were no limits so you could have placed an order for 57. I wonder if anyone tried to order more than 2 and if TLG would cancel such an order.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,554
    A bit disappointed to miss out on this one. O well, had plenty of opportunities before.
    Chang405 said:

Ordered one and it shipped today. It was funny how there were no limits so you could have placed an order for 57. I wonder if anyone tried to order more than 2 and if TLG would cancel such an order.

From what we have seen from LEGO if you try to go nuts and circumvent their limits and/or you appear to be a reseller they will ban you from buying at [email protected]

I picked up a train set. I have a couple already, but at this price it was too good to not pick up another one. I'm sure that there are those that circumvented the limit but it would appear that LEGO will deal with those people appropriately.
  • DaveBeyDaveBey Member Posts: 44
    They were listed as Out of Stock immediately prior to the sale. I was able to place 5 separate orders for one set each. All five orders show as shipped and the first one was delivered yesterday with the remaining coming today. It's a great price to add more tank and container cars to my existing train!
    Sweet. Mine are both out for delivery today. Nice to find a great retired set at a discount!
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    @wrangler6915‌ How much did you pay for them?
    @cloaked7‌
    20% off Msrp, so $143.99 plus free winter skating scene.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    I really like this train. When you first posted for some reason I thought it was for the high speed train and didn't pay much attention. Oh well. I'm glad you all got such a great deal!!!
    twoninerken
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,306
    edited December 2014
    1265 said:

Pitfall69 said:

Yeah, the entitlement way of thinking. :)
    Not really. I ordered a #41999 last year and my order went through. Lego even charged my credit card. After a few days I called to inquire about my order and they had no record of it; even though I told them my credit card was still showing the purchase. Ultimately, had I known that my order didn't go through, I would have tried to get one elsewhere or place another order. They were all sold out. Lego gave me $10 in VIP points for my inconvenience.

If anything, Lego should ship out the Winter Skating Scene for all the orders that were cancelled.

• ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 418
    You have to stay on customer service during high volume times. Sit right in their back pocket ready to "help" whenever the ball is in their court.

I had ordered a complete set of Minecraft sets the day they were released because I knew that the speculators would buy up any and every set they could get their hands on to corner the market and drive up prices. My Godson is bananas about minecraft and Legos, and the sets coming out so close to Christmas meant these were perfect for him, but if I blinked I would miss them. (Incidentally, I'm just giving him one of the sets, the rest are from his grandmother, mom/dad, and an uncle or two.)

Anyway, the four smallest sets came in a giant box that was 2/3 empty. I thought this was kind of funny until the next day when the two largest sets (which constituted nearly 2/3 of the total cost) arrived in a box that was 5/8" TOO SMALL for them, which crushed one box into the other, crumpling both! I called CS, argued with them a little bit, sent pictures, and had the promise of a return label. The label never arrived in my inbox, so I called them the next day and got another.

I shipped the box the next day, and a week later had heard nothing on the status. I looked it up and they were still waiting on a return receipt. I checked two days later and the same status. So finally I tracked the package myself and say that they had received it Monday afternoon. I called them up and spent the longest time on hold I ever have with Lego CS, and finally had to read them the tracking number because they couldn't find any information on the returned item!

They finally agreed that the items had been returned and promised to dispatch me new copies. But if I hadn't called in would they have just let it sit on the back burner until the sets were out of stock and in the hands of the speculators?

Keep an eye on those orders statuses, and if something doesn't feel right call CS. Be polite, but don't give them an inch. It's largely thanks to Pitfall's story about his 41999 that I knew to keep tabs on this, because it could have easily ended up that I got nothing!
    LegoKip
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    I'm note sure how many check Amazon.uk .de .fr etc, but this set has been on one or more of those sites for a reasonable price at least last month (November). I was wondering if that might be one reason it hasn't increased in value much.
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,236
    edited December 2014

You have to stay on customer service during high volume times. Sit right in their back pocket ready to "help" whenever the ball is in their court.
    Keep an eye on those orders statuses, and if something doesn't feel right call CS. Be polite, but don't give them an inch.

Ain't that the truth. I placed an order 2 weeks ago that just went into limbo, I ignored the brush offs, and made them send me the goods and after much faffing they surprised me by arriving. Fast forward to now, CS have been generating bogus order after bogus order after bogus order. I thought I'd been succesful in neutralising them but I see they've generated another bogus order while Friday night distracted me from my account. I can't be arsed with being on the phone for the fifth time asking them pleased to sort out this mess and I'm not sure what I'll do if a replacement order turns up on my doorstep (TLG deliveries tend to be abandoned on my doorstep without the door being knocked on). I've had to insist that they cancel a refund because they're in such chaos they've tried to give me my money back.

You know what, I've been nothing but polite but no one has suggested at any time that perhaps it might be good to say sorry with some VIP points.

Speaking of VIP points, I've used up every one I could because if CS look at my frankly insane account history I wouldn't be that surprised if they randomly decided to pull the plug.
    It's back
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,370
    And gone!
    darn! darn! darn! darn! darn! darny-darn! *kicks chair* I missed it.
    chuckpmatticus_bricksAndor
    I was calling [email protected] about every other day with no results. Told a bricksetter I really wanted one. He happened to see it go back in to "call and check" tonight and texted me. If I ever see it again I will pass the favor forward @Bumblepants
    Bumblepants
    Thanks
    Thanks
    LegoKipAndor
    You're welcome.
    You're welcome.
    LegoKipBrickapolisthenosAndor
    Well, mine WAS a mistake. I got a #10508 Duplo train in the box instead of 7939.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 628
    margot said:

Well, mine WAS a mistake. I got a #10508 Duplo train in the box instead of 7939.

hope lego fixs it and send you the right set.
    margot said:

That sucks. Mainly because they likely are not going to be able to replace it; only ask you to return and refund your money, or they may let you keep it, but in any case it is not the #7939.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836

It makes me wonder if they found a stack of 7939 after retirement and decided to add them to their Cyber Monday deals.

Just imagine if they found a stack of rare sets like #10123 in their warehouse and decided to put them up. One can dream. :P
    margot
    margot said:

Well I got lucky. They sent me a 7939 straight from Enfield, CT. My begging worked. Mega kudos to Lego.

That is awesome that they had one to provide (probably the one the should have sent to you in the first place). Usually that ends badly when you don't get something that was going away for good. Glad it worked out!