Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New YoYo.com Cyber Monday 30% Sale (City/Friends)

thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 238
Similar to their Black Friday deal, refreshed with a new code and a limit to City & Friends sets. Some base prices are over RRP (as always, double-check), but just a heads-up.

http://www.yoyo.com/buy/Brand=LEGO/Subbrand=City|Friends?utm_source=mrkt_email&utm_medium=ret_Y&utm_content=hero&utm_campaign=2014_12_01_yoyo_ret_lego_sl1

Comments

• cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    Thanks! I got a #60052 Cargo Train. Would have got 2, but money is a bit tight this year.
    ^ Well, their price which was already above retail just jumped in price. Have seen this mentioned in other posts. Unfortunate that companies do this.
    madforLEGO
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 418
    Some of those prices would make TRU blush! $239.99 as the base price for the Cargo Train and then 30% off that? As OP says, always double check! Sheesh!
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    @cloaked7, what price did you end up getting the cargo train for?
    edited December 2014
    @margot $157.49. Not the greatest, but not bad. About 20% off. Considering how discounts on LEGOS are few and far between now days I got 1 set. I have all the LEGO cargo trains, so I pretty much have to get each one. :-) (Well, that's what I tell my wife!)

I doubt it, but I may find it for a lower price before it retires. Back in the day I could maybe get trains at a TRU Buy 2-Get 1 Free sale for 33% off (minus their mark up, if any), but I doubt we'll see those again, with the way LEGO is now preventing retailers from offering discounts.
    margot
    edited December 2014
    Also, I'll add. Maybe someone can add insight into this aspect.

Yo-Yo is a division of Amazon, right? It looks like Yo-Yo may use 3rd party retailers like Amazon does. Usually Yo-Yo is tax free for me, but this time it wasn't. When I checked why this popped up.... "Items sold by xxx and shipped to the following states are subject to sales tax:" (I put in xxx, because I don't remember the retailer.) Now when I check it says "Items sold by Quidsi Retail LLC and shipped to the following states are subject to sales tax:" So, maybe the price went up because it is now coming from a different retailer? Or, maybe Quidsi Retail LLC is just a division of Yo-Yo? And, they just marked the price up, because it was selling out? All of this can be quite confusing now, what with the Amazon model of items being sold and shipped from different retailers.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,356
    edited December 2014
    Thanks @thedingman5‌ .
    Actually was going to get the cargo train, but rescinded the payment. I just cannot pay for an item that is 30% an inflated retail price (239.99 USD) (so 167 USD for me as it stands now). As this train is out likely for another few years Ill roll the dice that I will find it cheaper somewhere
    margot
    ^ Yeah. I agree. 30% off the actual RRP would be $140! To me, $157 was borderline. $167 is a no go. If I can get more later for $140, tax free, free shipping I'll jump on it. Just not sure that will happen given the current LEGO 'climate'.
    TXLegoguy
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,356
    Haha.. Wow, Now the 'retail' on the new Cargo train is up to 249.99 USD.
    TXLegoguy
    Yeah, some Cyber Monday special that is. It's already $175 on Amazon.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Has anyone experienced dodgy shipping from YoYo? I was supposed to receive the set I ordered a week ago, and after one "failed attempted delivery" (which I have no idea what that really means), they seem to have shipped it back to the warehouse, and now a week later, are redeploying it. Totally bizarre. I don't think I would order from this site again.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    That's probably the shipping company not yoyo. Who is it being shipped on?
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    @margot Some company called "Lasership" whose tagline seemed to be about how they focus on "the last mile" of delivery. When I emailed YoYo, they responded quickly, and almost immediately jumped to the idea that it may be "lost in the mail" and that they would gladly refund my money.
  • pumbaughpumbaugh Member Posts: 23
    I would agree that it seems like the ship company. YOYO has been the best company I have worked with in regards to service/returns/issues. I would cut yoyo slack and blame the shipping company.
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 418
    Generally my packages from yoyo arrive timely, over packed, and with dozens of pillows I can use for future sales. They're honestly the best company I know in terms of shipping. Sounds like this was a isolated incident.
    dougts