Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Target Exclusive Minifigures Pack w/ $50 Lego Purchase

Comments

• Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    I assume these are made in China?
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    I assume most LEGO is made in China anymore (even though I know that's not necessarily the case).
  • BombTecBombTec In the MountainsMember Posts: 110
    krklint said:

When mine arrived, two of the small #60011 Surfer Shark Rescue sets I ordered with it (I placed the $50 order) were not included. I called, they gave me my money back on the missing sets, as the small set was no longer available . Then, they gave me a $15.00 gift card to boot! I've never had such luck :)

Must be nice. I just got done going round and round with Target customer service about my missing items. First they wanted me to return the item that had missing parts and sent me a return label. I called back and again explained that it never arrived so how was I going to return it.

Next came the email stating my refund (lower than the purchase price). I called back wanting to know why. They replied that I had received a discount on the road plates and that's why it is lower. I never received any discount on the plates noted by my bill of sale and cc statement. When confronted with this the representative hung up on me. I don't think I will be ordering from Target.com anytime soon.

I thought maybe it was because they counted the free minifigure box as the discount but even without the road plates my order was above $60. Still fuming. :o(
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    The only wrong item problem I've had with Target is when I ordered 1 of a specific set and they must have packed it twice. I got two shipments of the same order but only charged for one. Let's just say I wasn't going to complain about it.
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 859
    I found it interesting that I've been to like 3-4 targets in Orlando and none of them have mention of the cube and have none in stock. I mean, I already have mine back home. It never hurts to look if I'm going to be at a target any way
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,978
    I just got an email from Target telling me the order that came yesterday afternoon has just been delivered. Yes. Yes it has it.
    krklint
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    Its sold out online but it looks like you can search for availability in stores
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    I got mine in the mail yesterday. The tracking never did update.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640
    lucky for all of you. i should have mine Saturday. first im checking out is super boy.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    I had to ask at my local target. They were in the back. All of them looked sealed reasonably well. All printing looked good.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    The Super Target at Beaver Creek in Apex, NC, had about 30 on the shelf at 3PM today. They were not there yesterday at the same time. So maybe other Targets are receiving new stock. No promotions available at this store, so they are $15. each. I looked at the Super Boy in about 20 sets, and he looked just fine from the outside.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 737
    I checked with an out of the way Target because Target.com said there was a "Limited availablility" in stock. There were none when I checked so I found an employee to scan to see if any in back and she said there wasn't...the last 3 sold 3 days ago and it said the item was now "discontinued".
    nay one else get theirs to ship UPS Mail Innovations. mine was supposed to come today but the tracking says it still in NC
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 437
    ^ mine finally made it today. Some amazing innovations there...
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    I stopped by a Target mid-day today and was surprised to see about 8 of these on the shelf.
    gmonkey76
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Got mine today!
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    ^Tape always leaves tell-tale signs when it's been peeled and replaced, no matter how careful you are. Air bubbles, hair/dust, a sticky ring around one side of the edge of the tape, a spot where the print from the box pealed off in the tape. There's always something if you know what to look for. If you have a10x eye loupe even the most careful job will be clumsy.
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    So glad I ordered one online, as it came with perfect Superboy sleeves. :)
    still waiting on mine. i will never order online from target again.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    ^at least not until they have the next cool Lego promo thingy...
    dannyrwwPitfall69
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,219
    pharmjod said:

I assume most LEGO is made in China anymore (even though I know that's not necessarily the case).

For the North American market - most of the pieces are produced in Mexico.
    margot said:

^at least not until they have the next cool Lego promo thingy...

that so true. hopefully next time i can get it in stores.

• chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    @dragon114 Mine took a full 2 weeks to be delivered and like many others posted, the tracking never updated. Clearly Target needs to take a couple of pointers from Amazon in the speedy delivery department.
  • Jal4u2cJal4u2c USAMember Posts: 12
    According to the tracking info, mine has been sitting at the local post office for the last four days. I sent an email to find out why it has not been delivered.
    chuckp said:

@dragon114 Mine took a full 2 weeks to be delivered and like many others posted, the tracking never updated. Clearly Target needs to take a couple of pointers from Amazon in the speedy delivery department.

Right. Like the R2D2/C3P0 watch my wife ordered from Amazon (not an individual, but from Amazin) on November 30th that still hasn't shown up... Speedy like that...
    edited December 2014
    Jal4u2c said:

According to the tracking info, mine has been sitting at the local post office for the last four days. I sent an email to find out why it has not been delivered.

I would call usps and make them find it.

• gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,690
    Was at my local target(Chicago) on Sunday and they still had them in stock on an end cap.
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    Well, my store in California, never got them in, but I found two on an end cap this morning - with the lovely red "online item" stickers on them - one for $6.46 and one for $6.26 (this one has a bad seal down one side of the box so is partially open, but is looks to be complete). One was "originally" $25.97 and the other was $24.99.

Odd...
    krklint
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    @Bombtec, I did receive only a partial refund, as the free set has a value, so there was a price recalculation there... I was ok with it though, and understand what they did. For me, the even better end of it all was this, I took the $15 gift card I received and applied it to The Lego Movie Creative Ambush set when it was on sale for 40% off! I ended up getting two of that set for about $30 total. Yeah, I've been doing a happy dance.
    BombTec
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Surprised to find an end cap of these tonight. My Target had about 30 of them. I picked out a superboy with better arm print than the one I got online.
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    Does anyone know the deal with #5004077 that just appeared on the Brickset homepage? Looks like Minifigure Cube Part Deux.
    preverebrokenapathy23waynegg
    I have two spares of the first series with Superboy I picked up in the store. I am trying to figure out if I should keep them or not for potential resale. Any thoughts?
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    Been debating that. If Superboy doesn't appear again, it'll be worth holding onto for the long haul. If I see the same Superboy is coming out again in a set, I'll create my own Syndrome from the fig.

Someday...they'll do Incredibles in LEGO...someday.
    pharmjodbrickupdateEddieDoesntMindchuckp
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    prevere said:

Been debating that. If Superboy doesn't appear again, it'll be worth holding onto for the long haul. If I see the same Superboy is coming out again in a set, I'll create my own Syndrome from the fig.

Someday...they'll do Incredibles in LEGO...someday.

I want my Edna Mode minifigure!
    LostInTranslationchuckp
    Sweet! Wonder if that what the big stack of cubes I ignored today at my Target?
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    At Target now but I don't see any of 5004077. They have plenty Superboy cubes.

Does anyone have a searchable upc or target identifier?
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329

At Target now but I don't see any of 5004077. They have plenty Superboy cubes.

Does anyone have a searchable upc or target identifier?

Do we even know if they are out yet?

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,151
    So are these going to be a regular thing for Targets now?
    This combined with getting the CMF series.. ugh.
    why another cube. i don't want to have to keep buying these.
    Drmnez
  • iplanteiplante USMember Posts: 164
    No one's making you buy it, you know.. ;)
    iplante said:

No one's making you buy it, you know.. ;)

yes but i want all the dc super hero's

• AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,922
    I don't mind buying them, because I mostly want the Ninjago minifigures and know that I will be able to trade the Super Heroes minifigures for other stuff that I want. Just as an example, I was able to trade Superboy with a friend for the whole collection of BIONICLE posters from New York Comic Con. To me, those seven posters, one minifigure I really wanted, and two other exclusive minifigures are easily worth $15.

Now, for somebody who wants the Super Heroes figs specifically, I can see how $15 might seem a little bit steep, because I'm sure it's a bit harder to find people who will be willing to give you something of substantial value for the non-licensed figs. But I know people who want those figs are out there! After all, I'm one of them!
    madforLEGOchuckp
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,151
    Aanchir said:

I don't mind buying them, because I mostly want the Ninjago minifigures and know that I will be able to trade the Super Heroes minifigures for other stuff that I want. Just as an example, I was able to trade Superboy with a friend for the whole collection of BIONICLE posters from New York Comic Con. To me, those seven posters, one minifigure I really wanted, and two other exclusive minifigures are easily worth $15.

Now, for somebody who wants the Super Heroes figs specifically, I can see how $15 might seem a little bit steep, because I'm sure it's a bit harder to find people who will be willing to give you something of substantial value for the non-licensed figs. But I know people who want those figs are out there! After all, I'm one of them!

That is the primary reason why I pick them up. I plan on doing some trading, I can always use the Cops for city (as that is the theme I primarily collect) and the others I can trade.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    But if you open the package, they won't be mint! Oh, the humanity! (picturing Comic book guy as the Collector)...

I'd love to find this new cube too whenever it comes out.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    ^ even if you don't open the package it may not have been mint to begin with depending on print quality.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^ Plus they are assembled in package so by some standards that is no longer "NEW" anyway =)
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I think the definition varies..Mint does not equal perfect. I think most people assume mint is just unopened.

MISB, mint in sealed box. Which is funny sellers say that (I've used it before too), but technically woudln't know how the pieces look inside. They could be damaged/scratched/etc.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    correction, mint = perfect. not mint = not perfect. Unopened and mint are very different creatures. In no world of collecting have I ever seen mint = anything but perfect, including baseball cards, stamps, militaria, and coins. Anything less than perfect cannot be considered mint.
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    Sigh... Lightning Lad in the new cube :(

Saturn Girl is sooo much prettier!
  • Ladder19JTKLadder19JTK Hudson ValleyMember Posts: 218
    Has anyone heard of any being found?