Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Target Exclusive Minifigures Pack w/ $50 Lego Purchase

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @EddieDoesntMind‌ where did you get that Superboy from? Because besides worrying about the poor face print, you should be concerned about the non-printed legs and hips.
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    OMG! I was so mad at about the face I didn't even see that. Grrr. I'm starting to see why they don't like the Chinese-made minifigures.

I ordered it online.
    And this is why i never condone the support of fakes, Lego or otherwise. Time for a return with full complaint.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ D'oh, my online order should be arriving today. Will have to see if I'm as unlucky as you are, Eddie.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    I guess I need to look at mine.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    Got mine today in the mail today...and it seems package tracking is not working very well....One of my students came to school today with a set so they must be at a target around here somewhere.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    I got the shipping notification the day after my order arrived, I think their systems failed under the strain.
    dannyrww
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101

OMG! I was so mad at about the face I didn't even see that. Grrr. I'm starting to see why they don't like the Chinese-made minifigures.

I ordered it online.

Looks like Eddie DOES mind!! Sorry....couldn't resist..... :-)

ecmo47 said:

I ordered it online.

Looks like Eddie DOES mind!! Sorry....couldn't resist..... :-)

Haha it's fine, you're like the 3rd person to make that joke.

• HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    I got mine from an order I placed last Tuesday. The minifigure box was smaller than I expected, but I don't know what I expected since minifigures aren't too big to begin with.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    I love the set and paint apps are okay (lets face it you never know with minifigure anyways because you can't see them until you open the anyways). I also like the box. Not sure what else to use it for but I'm keeping it. Also, does anyone know if the City figure is only available here...he looks pretty generic.
    Well, no Target within a 11 mile radius has it. And it's out of stock online. Am I just going to be stuck with a badly/non-printed figure, or worse, pay the inflated prices on eBay?
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 437
    ^ my advice is to try LEGO customer service. I had a licensed minifig with a smudged face once and they made an exception to their not sending out replacement licensed pieces. Especially since you've got two pieces messed up there.

Also check your PM's if that doesn't work.
    @EddieDoesntMind‌ where online did you buy it? by itself or new with the entire Cube sealed?
    edited December 2014

@EddieDoesntMind‌ where online did you buy it? by itself or new with the entire Cube sealed?

@brickdancer I got the cube from Target.com

• iplanteiplante USMember Posts: 164
    @EddieDoesntMind, Check your PMs
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    So I got mine and fortunately my minifigures are all okay. Sorry to hear about what happened to yours, @EddieDoesntMind‌. Hopefully that's an anomaly.
    That's so strange the legs are missing on yours Eddie. Wonder if any one else has that problem.
    waynegg
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640
    edited December 2014
    hope my package shows ups Friday still get not available
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    edited December 2014
    Not to rub salt in the wound or anything, but it's really too bad you opened it @EddieDoesntMind‌. A verifiable error in a factory sealed box could be worth quite the pretty penny in time!
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 137
    waynegg said:

Not to rub salt in the wound or anything, but it's really too bad you opened it @EddieDoesntMind‌. A verifiable error in a factory sealed box could be worth quite the pretty penny in time!

Yep, those unprinted pants could have made it worth something at some point. Checked mine from target.com and it seems good. Have to say, this is a cool little surprise set...we need more :)
  • ThirdBuckEyeThirdBuckEye Member Posts: 44
    I asked both my mother and wife to order me one for Xmas last week. And because I didn't trust them to order it in time I went ahead and ordered my own. It should be here soon as I received a shipping confirmation a few days ago.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    @samiam391‌ , do Minifigures with misprints or lack of printing fetch a premium? I can understand something like "Smooth Hair" Leia, but what do you think?
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,673
    Aren't those just Dark Blue Legs if they are not printed ? If so, it would be easy to swap them out so I can't imagine there would be a premium for those, just the opposite.
    DrmnezPitfall69
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Hey wait, @EddieDoesntMind maybe the legs just got switched with the Forest Ranger, since he has plain Dk Blue legs.
    ^ Or that would be two misprint in the same pack, even more valuable ;-)

Hey wait, @EddieDoesntMind maybe the legs just got switched with the Forest Ranger, since he has plain Dk Blue legs.

No, I checked. Just got bad Chinese printing.
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 137

Aren't those just Dark Blue Legs if they are not printed ? If so, it would be easy to swap them out so I can't imagine there would be a premium for those, just the opposite.

Thats why he said factory sealed...obviously with it opened you could switch the pants with anything.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    Those boxes open so easy. I opened mine and checked all the figures out and put them all back in the box and you can't tell it was ever opened.
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 859
    ^^the boxes are easy to open. I removed the seal no issue and the box was in perfect condition. Plus the seal was easy to press back on. Looked misb
  • absolut3absolut3 Member Posts: 83
    you can buy these online again.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    edited December 2014
    Thanos75 said:

Those boxes open so easy. I opened mine and checked all the figures out and put them all back in the box and you can't tell it was ever opened.

My box was actually unsealed when it arrived. The seal was there but misplaced - it was too far on top of the box and didn't fold over the edge. Target also shipped the damn thing in a bag mailer so it was in less than stellar condition anyways.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ Sorry to hear that. My 2 were shipped in a well-padded box.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    ^ It's cool - I'm going to pull the figs out anyways.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640
    let hope mine don't have bad printing when they come Saturday.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    When mine arrived, two of the small #60011 Surfer Shark Rescue sets I ordered with it (I placed the $50 order) were not included. I called, they gave me my money back on the missing sets, as the small set was no longer available . Then, they gave me a $15.00 gift card to boot! I've never had such luck :)
    margotZon
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 511
    edited December 2014
    After hearing about what happened to EddieDoesntMind--and who can blame him :-) for minding about this?--I examined my cube (purchased secondhand through Bricklink for a very fair price) extremely carefully. It would certainly be very easy to open and reseal the box without a trace, but my four minifigs were exactly as they should have been, except for an unsurprisingly crumpled cape which I'll move to the capacious central space once it's pressed flat again.

If Target can't replace it, maybe they'll at least refund your money or give you store credit, Eddie?
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 511
    The bad Superboy seems more like a quality control issue than a manufacturing one to me. The occasional damaged or incomplete print seems inevitable; surely they're supposed to be weeded out later on? (And how odd that there should be two mistakes on the same figure--the one that's likeliest the most desireable as well...what are the odds on that? Someone in quality control doing a personal fiddle, perhaps?)
    margot said:
    This is ridiculous. It isn't like an error on a coin or a sports card; it is just bad quality control. Also, rare doesn't necessarily mean valuable. Now, if Superboy somehow had Batman's utility belt; we may have something...maybe.

madforLEGO
    ^, yep there is also not much fuss when I show up to work with my pants backward :)
    pharmjod
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    My Lavertus has dropped his Chi (or whatever it's called). I wonder how much I can get out of that.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,976

My Lavertus has dropped his Chi (or whatever it's called). I wonder how much I can get out of that.

There is probably a joke there but I am too tired to find it. @Pitfall69?
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 247
    ^ If Lavertus had Reddish Brown pants, it would make the joke easier...
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Carefully opened one cube and pulled out Superboy. He looks fine to me. I hope there are not widespread quality control problems because most of us went to a lot of trouble to grab this promo set. If asked, I will gladly take a look at Superboy before trading any sets. No reason to trade a misprinted one.

There is probably a joke there but I am too tired to find it. @Pitfall69?
    I dunno man; I'm never too tired to find mine ;)

Maybe Lavertus dropped his Tai Chi so he could let his snake creep through the grass ;)

just2good
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,379

Horrid! Ugh, hopefully Target has them.

Yeah, it's a bit blurry and doesn't come out good, but both sides are missing parts of the mouth. It's WAY more noticeable in person.

I ordered it online.

Eddie, Target didn't think you would mind.
    Buwahahaha I'm losing it here! Takes on a different context now.
    edited December 2014
    I hate you all. XD

margot
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,150
    Pitfall69 said:

margot said:
    This is ridiculous. It isn't like an error on a coin or a sports card; it is just bad quality control. Also, rare doesn't necessarily mean valuable. Now, if Superboy somehow had Batman's utility belt; we may have something...maybe.

Trying to make lemonade out of lemons I guess. Lemme ask this though, so if I simply peel the tape back and take a figure and change the pants around I'll get 89.99 USD? At least Im guessing that is why 3 people are watching that item now.