Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Target Exclusive Minifigures Pack w/ $50 Lego Purchase

Comments

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,603
    Went to the closest Target tonight and they finally got them in so I bought the first 2 and left the other 10.
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 280
    Sunday's order arrived, with free Minifigure Pack. All set, no issues, no drama. Hope the same for everyone else who ordered.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    The moment I heard about this, I couldn't find them. I found them a few days later when I heard people talking about them on here. I ordered one immediately and then found one in a store. I really wanted to be "that guy" and buy all of them and resell later, but I have better things to spend money on, like mortgage, bills, etc.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    I don't think these will have much of a resell value. Just like the Rocket Raccoon polys. Well maybe in Europe. They made a ton of them. But that is a topic of conversation for another thread.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    ^Go ahead @Thanos75‌. Post a pic of your Target haul. I double dog dare ya ;)
    margotjuggles7
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    "NOW it was serious. A double-dog-dare. What else was there but a "triple dare you"? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare."
    BrickDancerAanchiryys4uwagnerml2
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^"Aww fudge!"
    margotAanchiryys4u
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Only I didn't say Fudge...
    BrickDancerAanchir
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words. The "M-dash-dash-dash B-dash-dash-dash-dash" word.
    JennimargotAanchiryys4uricecake
    Ahhhh. Gotta love "A Christmas Story"
    Aanchir
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    Pitfall69 said:

Ahhhh. Gotta love "A Christmas Story"

which will be soon played for a good 24 hours on TBS during Christmas

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,151
    Christmas Story has become my generation's 'Its a wonderful Life' where everyone knows the story and dialogue by heart.
    My wife is going to Target today. Where are these gift sets located?
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,673
    @Pitfall69 , a few reported them on an endcap a few aisles from the regular LEGO sets, that is where I found mine. They were with some other LEGO sets in the $7-$15 range and the shelf was mounted with large LEGO display.
    Pitfall69
  • VaderXVaderX Member Posts: 220
    They are located..... oh wait neither of my targets had them or a shelf spot...sigh.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    I swear on my entire LEGO collection that I only bought 4 sets from the store. And I split that with my buddy. I saw no reason to buy bunches of these.
    You swore? Did you happen to say fuuuuudddddggggeeeeee?
    Well, my wife did not find any at our Target. @TheLoneTensor‌ probably cleaned out every Target in a 50 mile radius ;)
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Heh nope, only grabbed a few online. It's not that appealing a set to me actually, but I'd be stupid to think it won't appeal to other people down the road.

That said, the cube is a cute and unique packaging.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 737
    Neither of my Targets have had them in stock(yet?) One Target is letting you have any set $15 and under to replace and other one is giving you a $15 gift card.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    Wow, @scotty12, you are lucky. The first store I visited told me they might not get them in, and as it says no rainchecks on the in-store flyer, I was told no other offers would be given.

That said, the Superboy and Green Ninja have been selling on the secondary market (mainly to Australia and England). The England part makes sense, due to their laws on licensing toys before/after cartoons air, and Superboy being a major focus in one of the DC-based cartoons.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    Okay throwing this out there...this set was a surprise and a week after the promotion with the snow man which I believe also was a surprise (though we were aware of the snow man polybag)...so will target have another surprise with purchase set (that you can buy :D )
    krklint
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 272
    Went to the closest Target hoping to just buy one of these sets, but then realized I should put that $15 towards a couple sets and get it free. Got the Coast Guard Seaplane ($6 off) and SUV with Watercraft which was above the $50 threshold, but the register didn't subtract the cost of the minifigs. Took it over to the service desk and they adjusted the price so I got the minifig set free.

Might sell or trade the Superboy as I am not a big fan of DC.
    It was spend $49 on specific lines or sets so that was nice that they price adjusted you. The promo is over online at least but you can still buy the cube.
  • black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    I went into Target on Thursday and they must of had 200+ of these on an end cap. I went in yesterday and there were 10 left. So if you haven't gotten this yet you might want to hustle.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 961
    @NeilJam I'm interested in Superboy if you are looking to offload him!
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    edited December 2014
    Went to the Target at Crossroads in Raleigh/Cary two hours ago, and they had maybe 50 of the cubes left. They were selling them for 15US each. The surprising find was ExoSuit on the shelf......and for 27.98 with maybe six of them when I left!
    online looks sold out now
    edited December 2014
    Just went to my Target and they had less than 10 out on the shelf. None left in the stockroom. I was surprised to actually see some on the shelf.

Some of the storage heads are on sale online, and also I saw some new storage bins with sorters at my local Target today.
    http://www.target.com/p/lego-sort-and-store-storage-bin-head/-/A-13718711#prodSlot=medium_1_9&term=lego+storage
    http://www.target.com/p/lego-large-storage-boy-head/-/A-14994944#prodSlot=medium_1_11&term=lego+storage
    http://www.target.com/p/lego-small-storage-girl-head/-/A-14992821#prodSlot=medium_1_14&term=lego+storage
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    We set those at my store 2 days ago.
    margot
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Just got shipping notice for the ones I order on Tuesday.
    Been tracking my package and it should arrive Monday. I'm glad I ordered it though because I have a hunch that once these are gone they are gone. Wonder how many were made? Only Superboy and maybe the park ranger would make sense to show up again (though with all the dc heroes to make still its unlikely we will see Superboy anytime soon)
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    FYI for any who have procrastinated because they didn't want any of the advertised sets and can find these in store- the circular for this promotion advertises the free figs with ANY single set LEGO purchase of $49 or more. Though it doesn't discount it automatically at the register if you buy, say, a Hobbit set for $60, if you speak with a manager before hand and point out what the ad says you should be able to get the cube for free. Even my local Target, whose service usually leaves much to be desired, accommodated for what the written ad said.
    brickupdate
  • black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    waynegg said:

FYI for any who have procrastinated because they didn't want any of the advertised sets and can find these in store- the circular for this promotion advertises the free figs with ANY single set LEGO purchase of $49 or more. Though it doesn't discount it automatically at the register if you buy, say, a Hobbit set for $60, if you speak with a manager before hand and point out what the ad says you should be able to get the cube for free. Even my local Target, whose service usually leaves much to be desired, accommodated for what the written ad said.

At my local Target the sale was for certain sets only or you can buy the cube for $15. I was at my local Target and I bought what they had left (4) but in 6 days they must of sold 200+ of these cubes.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    @Dannyrww, you asked how many were made. Doing simple math = at least 43,000. Target has 1,800+ stores in the U.S. Now, not every store received them. A SuperTarget store that just opened in Oct, next to me, didn't get any in. Yet, if the reports that some stores had 200+, then that would make up for any store that didn't receive them.

The end-run of these could push up towards 100,000 if even 10% of stores received 200. I'm going to go with a safe estimate of at least 50,000 produced, though.
    dannyrww
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    Well, my Superboy has fading/scratches on both sides of his mouth. I have to see if a physical store has them, so I can trade it in.

At my local Target the sale was for certain sets only or you can buy the cube for $15. I was at my local Target and I bought what they had left (4) but in 6 days they must of sold 200+ of these cubes.

Same at mine, but if you read the printed flyer it says "any Lego item" and doesn't specify that it has to be from one of the 4 mentioned lines. If I didnt already have what I want from the DCSH line I would have just bought one of those, so I went with a new Hobbit set and was still able to get a free cube. I don't care for Chima, Ninjago, or City.

Just thought I would share that for anyone in the same situation.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    To the people that have seen these in stores, where are they located? Are they near the LEGO aisle, or somewhere else?
    binaryeye said:

To the people that have seen these in stores, where are they located? Are they near the LEGO aisle, or somewhere else?

Pitfall69 said:

My wife is going to Target today. Where are these gift sets located?

@Pitfall69 , a few reported them on an endcap a few aisles from the regular LEGO sets, that is where I found mine. They were with some other LEGO sets in the $7-$15 range and the shelf was mounted with large LEGO display.

I found them this morning on an end cap an aisle over from the regular LEGO sets. Also there were other random sets on that end cap. Our regular size Target had them until this morning...at $15. a set. (The special promotion is over.) Did not see them at our Super Target, but someone could have bought them between my grocery buying trips.

If you don't find one and are located in the US, pm me and maybe we can trade for the white spaceman bonus or something else. (I have four extra ones which I have decided not to give as gifts because they would not appreciate them. A family member is seriously ill in the hospital, so I may be a bit slow responding.) Good luck!
    Horrid! Ugh, hopefully Target has them.
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 373
    ^my wife had an associate say they never got them and then say they were only on ebay today, even though they show as being on the shelf in our Target online. (And she couldn't find them on her computer) Then I texted her the DPCI number, and surprise they were just sitting in the back. Looks like no one got them free with purchase at that store.
    I am looking for the 5002812-1 Classic Space Minifig (white) and the 40105 MMMB Gingerbread House for Dec. Need to be sealed. Will trade a Target promo cube for one of these sets. US only. Sorry the Target set has been so hard to find.
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    Did anybody else get a shipped notification, but see that nothing is happening with the tracking? It says only that a label was made.
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    Yeah, mine sat that way for a while (UPS- USPS Innovations or some such) - then Saturday - when I was about to call Target, it appeared in the tracking and today - after being "in transit" and "shipping notification received" since then - it is at my post office for delivery. Today.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640

Did anybody else get a shipped notification, but see that nothing is happening with the tracking? It says only that a label was made.

I did! Every time i track it is say not available.
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    ^Thats odd. I also ordered online, but mine is scheduled to be delivered today. Hang in there guys, hopefully it will update soon. Sometimes these tracking systems are very slow.

Horrid! Ugh, hopefully Target has them.

I can't see what's wrong?
    ^the angry face is missing about a fourth of the white and a bit of the brown dimples. Can't make out the other face though.
    Yeah, it's a bit blurry and doesn't come out good, but both sides are missing parts of the mouth. It's WAY more noticeable in person.