Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Target Exclusive Minifigures Pack w/ $50 Lego Purchase

Comments

• dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    Are all the figs exclusive?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,150
    edited November 2014
    The site says limit 1 for purchase and you can get another if you make a purchase about 50 USD on certain sets. But they are supposed to be limited.
    I'm sure those unscrupulous will go around the limit, but it would be nice to see these available for people to get online without them selling out in 5 minutes and seeing someone on eBay having 50 of them.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Ha. I placed an order right before the news broke. My thought was "Oh what the hell. It's free shipping and if the other two figs suck then I will just return it."

Now that the news is out I can see this disappearing with a quickness. Superboy is the obvious star here but all the figs are pretty nice actually.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    This is what they look like on the shelf.
    LegoKipyys4u
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Just stopped at Target and they were wiped out. All Targets in my area wiped out according to the employee, whereas another employee didn't even realize they had that promo, that's how quickly it came and went I guess.
    Ordered some online but not too confident about getting them since the one I got free with my train order cancelled.
  • Zeldafanatic15Zeldafanatic15 Member Posts: 106
    When I asked the worker in Tous about it he knew nothing about the promo, I gave him the DPCI to look up, apparently they had 24, he happened to ask the electronics worker, who had them behind the counter but didn't realize they were for a promo. Target never does a good job with their promotions.
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 300
    No one in my Target had seen or heard if them, checked with the DCPI and they showed none on hand :( i am hoping my online order went through. Has anyone received a shipping conf? I haven't - i am joping that is be ause it is just Sunday....
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    I can see these being the apple of every reseller's eye. My gut is that it would be possible for a single person to clear the shelf of these, regardless of what Target's "rules" are around it. Same for online orders, these are going to sell out super fast, and perhaps be the unexpected hot ticket for the season.
    Anyone else worried about them canceling orders? I mean I would assume in this day and age that of they were sold out we would know before we ordered but you never know.
    I got an order confirmation but no shipping confirmation
  • daveace21daveace21 Member Posts: 41
    margot said:

Just stopped at Target and they were wiped out. All Targets in my area wiped out according to the employee, whereas another employee didn't even realize they had that promo, that's how quickly it came and went I guess.
    Ordered some online but not too confident about getting them since the one I got free with my train order cancelled.

Are you saying that you placed an order today and that they already cancelled your order? I hope that is not the case as then I will be fearing a cancellation email.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    I placed an order this morning at 6:30am and the mining set got cancelled from the order aswell.
    Yikes.
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    Come on, there is 1 per customer!
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 672
    I'm showing that you can purchase limit of 2. Just placed an order for 2. We'll see what happens.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    edited November 2014
    GIR3691 said:

I'm showing that you can purchase limit of 2. Just placed an order for 2. We'll see what happens.

Yeah - it's allowed two to be added to the cart all morning, but the site says limit 1. I just ordered one out of cancellation fears.
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,013
    edited November 2014

Come on, there is 1 per customer!

Like telling an alcoholic there's a limit of 1 drink only.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 672
    Does it specify limit 1 as a purchase, or just 1 freebie with $50?

One of the qualifying sets is Hulk Lab Smash, which is listed at $48.99. This promo is really confusing.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,673
    Listing has : "Note: Purchase Limit of 1".

Unrelated but every LEGO set listing shows : "Assembly Details: no assembly required" :)
    @GIR3691 The language on the site is confusing - it makes it out to seem that you even get the free promo with a $6.99 qualifying step. It isn't until you add that small set to the cart that you realize you need to reach the $50 threshold.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    site just let me put 2 in my cart and checkout, so I don't know what others are seeing
    brickupdate
  • Zeldafanatic15Zeldafanatic15 Member Posts: 106
    Wanted to share a couple more pics. Second face on Superboy and a few parts in the box. FYI Target App doesn't list a limit on these, not sure if the site prevents multiples being bought or not.
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    dannyrww said:

Are all the figs exclusive?

They seem to be. I am not as familiar with Chima or Ninjago but did a quick look at bricklink and didn't see those exact figures. Not at all sure about the Trooper but he seems to be from the upcoming swamp police subtheme so he's new even if not unique.
    Ninjago and chima are certainly exclusive....Superboy however I believe is the only truly unique character (and licensed) in there. The city guy was the one I was really curious about.
    dougts said:

site just let me put 2 in my cart and checkout, so I don't know what others are seeing

It has been mentioned that site allows ordering two, however, it's also noted as a purchase limit of one. For the fear of having an order cancelled, some just order the one just in case their order is cancelled, and there won't be more available to just order the one. It's a gamble.
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    dannyrww said:

Ninjago and chima are certainly exclusive....Superboy however I believe is the only truly unique character (and licensed) in there. The city guy was the one I was really curious about.

Well I just looked at all the swamp police box art images and didn't see him. What's more I think his torso design might be unique. There's several swamp police officers with sunglasses but this guy has them tucked away on his uniform.
    dannyrww
    dannyrww said:

The city guy was the one I was really curious about.

City guy is new, also it looks like a new torso.

Okay Chima...is that Lavertus not Laval?
    Yep...checked other pics....that is Lavertus...
    This is promising...the first few times I checked my status it said that I could cancel the order... now that option is no longer there (In the e-mail it got ti said there was a very short window in which you could cancel an order). I don't know why I am so worried about this being canceled...on another note picked up the brown Ninja at toys r Us...sure is a lot of exclusive minifigures all of a sudden.
    dannyrww said:

sure is a lot of exclusive minifigures all of a sudden.

Yep, and another way that LEGO is both fueling the market, and slowly saturating. It clearly hasn't had much of a downside, so I can't fault them for it. But as a collector, I have had to really cut back on what I collect, and what I let go... which is 99% of their merch. There is simply too much of it!

dannyrww
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,379
    Thanks for the heads up @DadsAFOL‌, always very nice to see good deals shared.

I wouldn't be surprised if a very large amount in the tens to hundreds of thousands was made. Either that or these figures will be released at a later date in a LEGO set. Exclusive now, but I doubt for long.

Still, a very neat little display box and there's absolutely no downside in picking one up.
    yys4u
    Last year, target had the exclusive Bilbo Baggins - Blue Coat with the DVD and that minifig is still exclusive. However exclusive or not, the fact that the set is still in stock at target.com probably means that tons were made.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,022
    dannyrww said:

...on another note picked up the brown Ninja at toys r Us...

Please tell me you are in the US!?!

dannyrww said:

...on another note picked up the brown Ninja at toys r Us...

Please tell me you are in the US!?!
    Yes... Milwaukee
    ReesesPieces
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    1265 said:

dougts said:

It has been mentioned that site allows ordering two, however, it's also noted as a purchase limit of one. For the fear of having an order cancelled, some just order the one just in case their order is cancelled, and there won't be more available to just order the one. It's a gamble.
    well it may say that on the details pane (which no one reads), but it lets users add 2 to the cart. try to increase to 3 and it tells you the limit is 2. Seems like the cart limit programming is working fine, so I'd say that's what will be enforced. maybe someone typo-ed the description page.

I'll let you know what happens
  • Nadana86Nadana86 Member Posts: 65
    I NNNNNNEEEDDDDD a few of them! At least two for christmas. Anyone being able to ship some to Germany? Please get in touch with me :-)
  • BrickDaddyBrickDaddy Member Posts: 13
    Just got back from a Target that had stock. The store got one full box of 24 - that's it. If there's no resupply of these, these will be very, very sought after
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 859
    I just bought two at a tgt I had to drive to. One for me to gut fot Lloyd and superboy, and the other to display the box.
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    Ordered it a little while ago. So far everything is going good!
    edited November 2014
    Ordered 2 online this morning, and just got shipping confirmation with tracking...
    margotdannyrwwbrickupdatebluedragonCircleK
    edited November 2014
    I got a confirmation as well. WooHoo!
    And btw, @DadsAFOL, you rock for sharing, thanks!
    dannyrwwColoradoBricksbrickupdateLostInTranslationbluedragonCircleKmadforLEGO
    Cool...looks promising.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    This is a cool little promo. If anyone ends up with a spare, please PM me, I'd love to trade for one (I'm in the UK).
    Thanks.
    edited November 2014
    Interestingly, I ordered a train plus two of these sets earlier. So the order had 3 total minifig sets because a freebie was also added. All of the minifig sets were cancelled and I was credited $13.50 towards the train.
    Shipping cpnfirmation, from ordering 1, early this morning.
    brickupdatedannyrww
    I see more disappointment as orders are processed and more cancellations.

I have yet to receive any shipping notification for my purchases, so I'll wait it out.
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 247
    Got my shipping confirmation too, ordered 1 at 10:22 AM EST today.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,022
    margot said:

Interestingly, I ordered a train plus two of these sets earlier. So the order had 3 total minifig sets because a freebie was also added. All of the minifig sets were cancelled and I was credited $13.50 towards the train.

This might be because the train does not fall under the city line (I think the trains are a creator series). Not sure why the other two would be cancelled.