Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

B&N B1G1 50% off promo working on some LEGO SETS

Hi. It is not working on Archi or friends, but all others at the store near me. I bought Star Wars sets. It also was working on Turtles. My B£N has very little LEGO to begin with. Good luck everyone!

Comments

• ZathrasZathras Member Posts: 70
    I just stopped in on a BN in my area and the manager informed me that the sale only applied if the second item was non-Lego and the way the discount worked the 50% was applied to the non- Lego set.

Needless to say I did not purchase any sets there. On my way to a second location to check if it's the same story
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Can you stack the 30% coupon?
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I ended up with a GotG Milano and the X-Men vs. Sentinel sets for $78.67 before tax. They wouldn't give me the bogo50 but they applied the 30% coupon on each set. So that plus my membership 10% and paying with a gift card that I got $10 back on was worth it.
    You would figure that if it's important enough to B&N to have the " LEGO excluded " right on the front of the coupon then they would just have it blocked in the computer system.
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 270
    They let me use it with both lego sets (the b1g1 50) but not the 30. This is weird.
  • ZathrasZathras Member Posts: 70
    I went to a second BN and they had a specific table and display with signs on them that stated that they were excluded from the promotion. Probably about 1/3 of their lego stock was on the table, grabbed two sets not on the excluded display and took them to the checkout and was informed that they would not honor the 30% coupon on any Lego sets.

All and all not a pleasant Black Friday experience.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Scored on a ISD and V-wing for the 30% off, but was almost blocked.
    Anyone able to use the 30% off on a train, #60051?
    So I just tried and BN was willing to use the coupon but it did not work. They said Lego won't let them use it anymore. But they said some Lego sets do qualify for bogo50 but the only way to know was to ring them up. They didn't know which ones qualified. Sigh...
    That would suck to wait in line and bring a set up to only find out it doesn't qualify for bogo. Try checking out in the coffee shop area. I always have the coupon already pulled up on my phone.
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 228
    Customer service has a list of which sets are eligible. I checked before going on line, ended up returning and leaving empty handed.
    ^Do you remember what types of sets? @hleonffu
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 270
    edited December 2014
    I was able to get Star Wars sets. I was able to do it more then once, so I bought equal price items to share with a friend. I know Turtles were eligible too.
    @margot The list seemed to match what you can order online. None of the Guardians sets and City Helicrane were not eligible. Essentially if it was recent, not eligible is what I saw based on online shopping at bn.com. Was not shown the list.
    margot
    @margot CS person did tell me that you could match a non-eligible for full price and match of eligible set for 50%.
    $10 off every $50 in educational toys through Dec 2. You can get the cargo train for $30 off. Add a $4.95 creator set and it will bring it to $40 off.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
    edited December 2014
    margot said:

^Do you remember what types of sets? @hleonffu

AFAIK, all LEGO was excluded but the coupon wasn't programmed to exclude. That's why the stores received a communication with the attached list. This was just 1 of 3 pages and all themes are covered.

• scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 681
    I just received a B & N $10 gift card for being a loyal member. Appreciated. Would have preferred the 20-40% off coupons of last year. At least I'm saving money...maybe that was B & N intentions.