Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Target.com: Black Friday LEGO sale is live, $42 each

rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
edited November 2014 in Shopping USA/Canada
$42 each (listed by my order of preference):
#6860 Batcave
#31012 Family House
#75018 JEK-14 Stealth Starfighter
#60008 Museum Break-In

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
    Oh, and the other deals are live, too :P ... mostly meh
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    I actually didn't plan to get up so early to shop, or shop at all. But my toddler wouldn't sleep so I actually got in an order (that is, I'm expecting things to be sold out or site crash). Well, I guess there is a silver lining for crying screaming toddler keeping you up all night...
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,084
    Batcave and Family House gone.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Sleep is wrong. $42 for the Batcave was too much like a dream anyway.
    yys4u
  • pumperxpumperx Member Posts: 106
    And of course I missed it... sigh~
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    Yeah, I bet this didn't last long. I hope whoever wanted them got them and they don't end up being hawked for a high price later on.
    On Saturday, from 6 AM until noon you can get a gift card up to $300.00 for 10% off. Add this to Redcard 5% on some clearance items and you could have a real good deal down the road.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,192

Yeah, I bet this didn't last long. I hope whoever wanted them got them and they don't end up being hawked for a high price later on.

Wishful thinking, most Batcaves will likely be up on eBay for retail or slightly over soon. Would have likely to get a batcave or Family house spare for that price but oh well.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
    ecmo47 said:

On Saturday, from 6 AM until noon you can get a gift card up to $300.00 for 10% off. Add this to Redcard 5% on some clearance items and you could have a real good deal down the road.

I'm not exactly sure what you are proposing, but you don't get Redcard 5% discount on gift cards, and if you purchase things later with a gift card, you won't be using your Redcard so no 5% off :P

• matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    So judging by the times of these posts, Batcave and Family sold out between 4:36 and 5:46 AM? Jeez, people are rabid this time of year.
  • GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96
    rocao said:

ecmo47 said:

I'm not exactly sure what you are proposing, but you don't get Redcard 5% discount on gift cards, and if you purchase things later with a gift card, you won't be using your Redcard so no 5% off :P

I think he is talking about buying things online with the gift card and then using the red card for the remainder of the purchase amount. I have heard that the 5% red card discount then applies to the full order even though the gift card is used to pay for some of it.
  • ShouldavilleShouldaville Member Posts: 51
    Batcave $41.99 Amazon price match going now
    lordzarakRainstorm26pumperxthenos
  • jedivalkyriejedivalkyrie Member Posts: 165
    edited November 2014
    Thanks a lot, ordered 2 from Amazon.
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 265
    The Creator Family House price does not seem to be matched on Amazon, still $71.99 on there.
  • jedivalkyriejedivalkyrie Member Posts: 165
    edited November 2014
    @neilJam: It probably was, but Amazon's stock is sold out. Now shows as "Ships from and sold by YoYo.com"
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    Amazon price back to RRP. >:( Think it will come down again?
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 672
    i wonder if it was an hour deal
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    darn I'm missing everything!
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Jek and museum are still discounted.
  • juggles7juggles7 United StatesMember Posts: 452
    I was one of the first through the door at Target's 6 PM opening tonight. They had 4 banged-up Batcaves, 4 Jeks, and absolutely nothing else, not one Museum Break In, not one single Creator Family House. So much for standing in line for 45 minutes.
    Museum break in is available at Amazon right now with price match @ $41.99.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    edited November 2014
    juggles7 said:

They had 4 banged-up Batcaves, 4 Jeks, and absolutely nothing else, not one Museum Break In, not one single Creator Family House.

Supposedly there is a shipment delay and not many stores got the Museum or Family House set:

http://weeklyad.target.com/site/#/irvine-ca-92606/page/Target-141127/product/lego-sets-shown-2036507157

"Due to shipping delays, the LEGO City 60008 and Creator 31012 sets featured in the Black Friday ad are not available at this time."

• BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    My Target had 2 Batcaves, 2 Houses, 5-6 Jeks, 0 Museums. I had someone scan the first 2 to see if more were in the back. Nope, 2 each. Ridiculous.
    rocao said:

ecmo47 said:

Yeah, your right. Didn't think that one through very well. Still, 10% off at a later date would be nice, especially right after Christmas during Clearence time.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Didnt see any batcaves at my Target. No big empty spaces either so I doubt someone bought them all.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    Yep, our target only had four, and they were gone fast. I also missed the Amazon sale on th batcave. That one will forever elude me.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    Went to Target about 2 hours after opening to pick up bandages, and stumbled onto 2 batcaves. Thank goodness I needed bandages tonight.
  • iplanteiplante USMember Posts: 164
    My target had batcaves and Star Wars. And lego movie everything is awesome edition for $9
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    For anyone who will be buying exclusives from Target in the future then the 10% off giftcard sale is the best BF lego deal in 2014 by far.

If you buy online and have a redcard on file then the 5% red card discount still applies if you edit payment method and change to the gift card. Go through your fave affiliate for another 5% cashback. This will net you 18.75% off exclusives in the future.

When you buy the giftcards and have discover cards then get another 5% off the front end up to $1500 per discover card (unless you have already maxed out that deal).

Target says limit $300 but checkout as a guest incognito and load up on as many as you want. For every $6k you buy you will be saving $1125.

You will also be able to rock an 18.75% off avatar pic next year (coming soon).

bluedragonevantylerminicoopers11
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    ^People have that much to spend at Target??

I didn't go out for Black Friday (too many people). But my local Target had all of the BF sets sitting out on Tuesday or Wednesday. I thought about just buying them ahead of time, but decided against it. I already have the figures from the Batcave, so I didn't need the set since it didn't really do much for me when it was brand new. Otherwise I would have bought it 2 years ago...
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,287

For anyone who will be buying exclusives from Target in the future then the 10% off giftcard sale is the best BF lego deal in 2014 by far.

If you buy online and have a redcard on file then the 5% red card discount still applies if you edit payment method and change to the gift card. Go through your fave affiliate for another 5% cashback. This will net you 18.75% off exclusives in the future.

When you buy the giftcards and have discover cards then get another 5% off the front end up to $1500 per discover card (unless you have already maxed out that deal).

Target says limit $300 but checkout as a guest incognito and load up on as many as you want. For every $6k you buy you will be saving $1125.

You will also be able to rock an 18.75% off avatar pic next year (coming soon).

***mind blown**** Way too complicated to even think about. I am happy just to get my 10% team member discount and the 5% off w/ Redcard.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,851
    edited November 2014
    I'm sticking with the Free Jor-El polybag with Keychain and free shipping as the best Black Friday deal. Just sayin. :)
    brickupdatematticus_bricks
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    starfire2 said:

***mind blown**** Way too complicated to even think about. I am happy just to get my 10% team member discount and the 5% off w/ Redcard.

LOL maybe I made it sound more complicated than it was. Anywho SOHs for $260 coming my way today :)

• goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515

LOL maybe I made it sound more complicated than it was. Anywho SOHs for $260 coming my way today :)

I didn't think so. You just clearly explained exactly how you propose one goes about maximizing the benefit. I'll gladly read a long, clear explanation over one riddled with hints, assumptions, and other such subtleties. Thanks!

dougtsRonyarBumblepants
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 918
    My target had these at $42 each, though not on the sales floor. I had to give somebody the DCPI and they went to the back and got it. It is showing as "discontinued" in their system, so YMMV. So glad I was able to snag one at this price, I was so disappointed on BF.
    LegoKip
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 918
    Should have mentioned it was the #31012 Family House