Add or remove minifigs in "My collection"

MaheMahe Member Posts: 1
Hi all,
I must say that i don't understand the way the "own-loose" system works in minifigs collection. I looked for this in the forum but find nothing to help me.
I don't understand why there is only 1 box to fill (own-loose) for two antagonist things (add-remove).
When i tick the box apparently it is for adding more figs beside those which come with sets you own, i verified it in the overview page in mycollection.
But how to remove figs you lost or you selled ? I don't know : put the number lost without ticking the box : this option didn't save anything.
I tried the "Clear your loose minifigs collection", it removed all the minifigs witch were not in sets !
So can someone explain me clearly the way it goes ?
And on suggestion for developpers : maybe it will be more clear and intuitive to have two boxes to tick : one box called "add or more" and another box called "remove or less".
Tx in advance.

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    I think the intent of the box was for people to be able to mark minifigs they own that they don't own the set for. Not for manipulating the total number of figs in and out of sets. It sounds like you are wanting to mark that you own a particular set but you dont have the figs for that set so you don't want it to mark the minifgs as owned?

I think that feature had been requested at one point. The ability to mark a set but without the figs. Starts to get complicated for the database to start allowing the figs to be unchecked on the set page as part of the "owned" but I guess a solution would be to be able to put a negative number in the "own loose" so that if you own 2 sets with a fig and dont have the fig in either set you can mark "-2" in the "own loose" field and it figures out not to show the fig as owned (green highlighting).
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,439
    'I no longer own this minifig' is something that has been requested many times and as soon as I can think of an efficient way to implement it I will do so.
    CupIsHalfEmpty
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,853
    Just wanted to add my two cents, I would like this feature to, for example if you buy a set and it's not MISB and does not include the minifigure. Or when you lose parts...

Maybe there is a possibility to add a feature 'i lost this part/minifigure' and then you could sync/update your database? Not sure how doable this is off course Huw :-)
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,248
    The idea struck me the other night, I suspect this would probably need a major alteration of the database & scripts, so I'm figuring it will like get big no, but just in case I'm wrong... On the minfigs tab of an entry, it displays the total & you can adjust the number by replacing it.

Examples:
    --------------------
    I have 2 sets of #75031 TIE Interceptor
    Under the minifigs tab it would display;

Tie Fighter Pilot (Light Flesh, Patterned Head)
    [2] of 2 minifigs (1/set)
    --------------------
    I have 3 sets #60059 Logging Truck
    Under the minifigs tab it would display (pretending for a moment I've sold some);

Plaid Button Shirt, Sand Blue Legs, Red Cap with Hole, Headphones
    [1] of 3 minifigs (1/set)
    Flannel Shirt with Pocket and Belt, Dark Tan
    [3] of 3 minifigs (1/set)
    --------------------
    xiahna