Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Ideas on BBC

icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 509
It gotta be the first time LEGO Ideas reach BBC. Pretty impressive.
http://m.bbc.com/news/magazine-30030219

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    No, the female mini figures / research institute was the first IDEAS project to get on the BBC news, and most other news outlets worldwide.
    icey117tedtube
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 509
    True!
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,426
    I read the article earlier, and seemed to get the impression they thought Dr Who had not passed review, rather than been pushed on to the next review - which still gives it some hope.
    I doubt a BBC reporter, especially one based overseas, knows anything about licensing discussions of BBC IP with toy companies so wouldn't know about whether there are ongoing (or decided) internal discussions with lego. I doubt they know any more than anyone else with access to the internet.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,426
    Yes, I wasn't expecting them to have inside knowledge. But there's a difference between an idea failing (that the article seems to imply), and an idea being pushed on to the next review (which TLG stated). But in all honesty I skimmed the article so may have come to the wrong conclusion.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 961
    It was said in the unveiling video that some of the ideas were going to be reviewed further. I can't remember if they specified Doctor Who or if everyone has jumped to that conclusion, though.
    ^^ I think her opinion was that Big Bang Theory was chosen and therefore won, whereas Dr Who wasn't and therefore lost.
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99

It was said in the unveiling video that some of the ideas were going to be reviewed further. I can't remember if they specified Doctor Who or if everyone has jumped to that conclusion, though.

The Dr. Who projects are still in the "Projects in Review" section on LEGO Ideas along with the latest round.