Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Walmart Black Friday

pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
edited November 2014 in Shopping USA/Canada
Walmart has the Creative Tower #10664 and Duplo Tower #10557 for $30 each on BF. They have the same piece count as the (in)famous #5512 and #5511 from 2011 at 1600 and 200, respectively. For #10664 this is $0.01875 per piece, quite a bargain. I believe this was not previously available in the US and will be a Walmart BF exclusive, someone correct me if I am wrong.

This is a great opportunity to pick up large amounts of standard bricks on the cheap. And just for reference for the investors, I sold all of my extra #5512's for at least $100 and as much as $149 on eBay. It took me 2 years though to turn over about 60 sets.
BuriedinBrickslordzaraksidersddthenospharmjodSirBenbrickupdate

Comments

• BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Wonderful. I was hoping for a good bulk brick bucket.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    The towers are actually available during the pre-BF event, which starts on Thanksgiving Day at 6:00 pm. I don't know if the sale will extend past that or not if any happen to be left.

This really sucks for me bc I would love to get one of each, but I'm not leaving my family on Thanksgiving night to do so.
    klatu003brickupdatebluemodern
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    edited November 2014
    No need to be there Thursday evening. The bulk brick set last year was available well into the day Friday. Some stores sold out, while others had plenty. I picked up nine boxes, and 30% cheaper thanks to the Friday 30% brand-wide sale.
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    I actually got 20 on BF that year from out of my home state as I was visiting family and then 40+ more on the Monday after BF from my closest local store, didn't even need to run around. I probably could have ended up with hundreds if I wanted to.

tl;dr: Availability shouldn't be a problem.
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    I've found availability to be hit or miss. Last year, I went to some stores and there were none of the brick buckets to be found and then went to others and there were pallet fulls sitting around.
  • dolphins79dolphins79 Member Posts: 29
    Is this an in store only deal? Or will it be online?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,190
    Interesting... Tempted to roll the dice on Friday to go to Walmart's to see if they have any left.
    Shame they do not limit the purchase on these or have them online, but what can you do....
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    Last years set could be found online, but I do not think you could order it. I think the website told you it was sold out online and in stores only. However, after visiting a couple stores that sold out earlier that morning, the website told me of one location that I did not try that still had stock. It was right and that's how I got my stash.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I remember going in the day after black Friday and there was an entire skid of them . The clerk told me they marked them down to $15 to get rid of them.
  • RealmwatcherRealmwatcher Member Posts: 14
    I remember when they had #5749 2(?) years ago and I grabbed one for me and the Duplo version for my friend's son. That boy is 4 now and this seems like a great start to his collection.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 681
    Not sure if it'll be a BF deal or just a week/weekend sale, but I saw 40-50sets of each #60056 Tow Truck, #60058 SUV with Watercraft & #60060 Auto Transporter at WM. I'm sure it'll be one of their deals where they'll mark it down to $15.
  • NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
    Let me just say that Black Friday is now a totally different experience for me, thanks to Lego.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,190
    edited November 2014
    Thanos75 said:

I remember going in the day after black Friday and there was an entire skid of them . The clerk told me they marked them down to $15 to get rid of them.

Yeah but really your comments are invalid because you apparently are in the Valhalla location of LEGO supplied stores :-)
    I mean you are always on here saying 'I found this store packed with stuff 50% off' and what not in your area:-)
    And Im joking about his comments being invalid by the way, before anyone gets on me about what I wrote
    Thanos75pharmjodsidersddBuriedinBricks
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    ^ I'm considering making a huge detour on my drive back from FL to MA after christmas this year to hit up some stores out closer to @Thanos75 =)
    pharmjod
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    Deals don't usually last long down here once I find them. I don't even mention all the deals I find because sometimes even I am in disbelief when I find them.
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 374
    edited November 2014
    Creative Tower is up for $30 on Walmart as of nowish, limit 2.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Giant-Creative-Tower-1-600-pieces-with-storage-box/39665299
    Rainstorm26klatu003
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
    just came to post it. good job!
    Rainstorm26
    edited November 2014
    Note... there is a limit of 2 per order. But there is no limit of orders. Some people will no doubt object to this, but I know for a fact that other people are placing multiple orders, so all things being equal, I would prefer some of those people to be Bricksetters.
    thenos
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 672
    Will there be a bonus 30% off in addition on friday morning like last year?
    edited November 2014
    ^ not that's announced that I know of, I think it was kind of a surprise last year

^^ thanks
    I haven't heard of that being case. It's a huge gamble to wait to see if there will be any left in stores on Friday. Worst case, you buy now and either price adjust, or rebuy and return this order.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Word is that each store got a pallet of these. That's only about 30 sets. Buy accordingly.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,849
    30% off was definitely announced last year. The surprise was that it went into effect earlier than anticipated. It was supposed to be 6am in store but it started either before midnight or not long after midnight so the creative boxes last year were something like $10.5.
  • GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96
    is the Duplo one online? I cant find it.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 655
    Such a good deal. Ordered 2. Don't even need to leave the house.
    Goldfreek said:

is the Duplo one online? I cant find it.

Here's the link, not online for sale as of right now, but may be later.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-DUPLO-Giant-Tower-200-pieces-with-storage-box/39665298
    @Goldfreek It was available last night. It may actually be out of stock now, but I'm not sure. If mine ship, you're welcome to at least one. Happy Thanksgiving!
  • GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96
    rocao said:

@Goldfreek It was available last night. It may actually be out of stock now, but I'm not sure. If mine ship, you're welcome to at least one. Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks. I hope they are in the store also so I can grab a few. Need a bunch for my train tunnel. Really helps to build up the base with them. Oh and my daughter needs one also. At least that is what I try to tell the wife. Not sure she believes me.
  • clickdastardlyclickdastardly United StatesMember Posts: 14
    Thanks for the info everyone! I was pondering stopping at Walmart on my way home tonight, but now I just ordered them online.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Woohoo!!!! Just ordered 2. You guys are awesome. I was trying to avoid Walmart. Now I can avoid the crazy people tonight.
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 719
    @thenos Thank you - thank you. I did not want to contribute to making people work on the holiday by going to the store, but wanted this deal!
    edited November 2014
    Out of stock. Some of my later orders that went through look like they were automatically canceled. I guess I can get dressed for the day now :P
    ^I was just about to post that it was catching fire on SD, so it wouldn't be long...
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Dang it!
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 719
    SD? My world is limited to Brickset, what is SD? Silent Deals? Silver Dragon? Suddenly Dreadful? Supremely Delicious? Sucks Donk.....?
  • thecleatorthecleator Member Posts: 70
    Slick deals
    klatu003
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,554
    well guess i will be going to Walmart tonight. ugh.
    Got to the Lego Tower pallet @ 6:01. All gone - both Lego & Duplo were wiped out.
    8(
  • clickdastardlyclickdastardly United StatesMember Posts: 14
    I stopped on my way home at a Walmart...it was around 6:45PM. No Lego left. 5 of the Duplo towers were left, but I didn't want those.
    Swung by after Target, demolished, not a bucket in sight.
    Luckily for me, my sis is a Black Friday power shopper. She managed one of each tower. God bless her.
    Natebw
  • LEGOCollector2504LEGOCollector2504 Member Posts: 30
    Any word on whether WM is planning a similar 30% off all Lego like last year? I'm striking out on creative towers.
    Just left my third Long Island location, each one had plenty of towers left. OMW to a 4th.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,554
    got to WM just a little after 8pm, got the two I was hoping to get. In and out in 10 minutes.
    margot
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,849
    So glad I ordered all I wanted online. The Wal-Mart I went to was wiped out. I wandered around some seeing if someone had set one down but no luck. As long as Wal-Mart doesn't cancel my orders I should be good to go.
    Any luck with the additional discount?
  • FatMattFatMatt USMember Posts: 502
    For those who missed out on the Batcave from Target, Walmart online has them for $48.99. Still a good price.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I didn't go out since it was Thanksgiving, but I was told by members of my LUG they hadn't seen LEGO disappear so quickly. They were there within minutes of the palettes opening up and all were spoken for by the time they got there. This was at 4 DIFFERENT Wal-Marts..pretty crazy. I don't think anyone got it. We were going to do a draft with them. I guess that's most more money for LUGBULK.
    ^ Not my experience as previously stated.. ended up with 48 copies.