Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Change of Heart Regarding In-Store MMMB

LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
edited November 2014 in Collecting
According to Allen over @‌ thebrickfan.com, the Monthly Mini Model Build is to continue but with a slight change -- read here.

Comments

• dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    good news. Confused at any rate though. I want to hear official word from Lego though. I still show up on the first Tuesday until I'm told to go home I guess :) This is a big binding experience for my family.
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    @dannyrww‌
    I'm with you.

I'll go the first Tuesday with my little guy as we have since April 2009 (the little red tractor), until we're turned away. It became a social event for us, and depending on which store we visited, there would be speed build competitions, raffles, puzzles to solve, and treasure hunts. Even the accompanying adults won prizes once in a while.

My son vowed he would attend until he passed the age limit and we still have a few years to go before that happens.
    dannyrww
  • monkeymonkey Member Posts: 235
    dannyrww said:

I want to hear official word from Lego though.

Lego.com does say under November mini-build picture "Stay tuned for the next monthly mini model build! A new, specially themed model will be available every month!"

So it's safe to turn up to December one I think, unless we hear otherwise.

• dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    I know that one will be a gingerbread house
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,922
    LegoKip said:

According to Allen over @‌ thebrickfan.com, the Monthly Mini Model Build is to continue but with a slight change -- read here.

The first rule of the Monthly Mini Model Build Club is you don't talk about the Monthly Mini Model Build Club. The second rule of Monthly Mini Model Build Club is YOU DO NOT TALK about the Monthly Mini Model Build Club.
    LegoKipchuckpcarlqtamamahmdannyrwwjasornychromastoneBrickman
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,101
    edited November 2014
    So they do not want to advertise it, sounds like they want to either:
    A) Save money on parts used ('store being too crowded' on a Tuesday seems to be a bit of a stretch, at least judging by how dead the store is on a Tuesday typically at the one I have gone to)
    2) reduce the number of people that attend, so they can then kill it off outright, claiming that 'Not enough people partake in it'.

My guess is that the monthly builds were more to get people in to buy other more expensive LEGO sets, but that is not happening like they have seen in the past or hope for now. So they want ways to kill it off, but not looking horrible while doing it
  • minicoopers11minicoopers11 USAMember Posts: 104
    Or, it is because they simply want to reduce crowding on build days. This is an extremely popular event in some cities, and the neighboring stores have complained loudly about it at my nearest mall with a Lego store. We're talking Michael Kors, Kate Spade, etc. They're annoyed with the lines, as well-structured and well-cordoned as they can be with nearly a hundred kids at any given moment.
    Plell