Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

collect_that: Hello! My Intro to you all!!

collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
edited September 2011 in Introduce yourself
Hi my name is Wes (aka collect-that!) I'm 31 and live in Worcestershire in the UK with my wife and son.

Like most on here I'm a complete Lego nut. I've been collecting Lego for a very long time and will one day finally get all my sets listed on brickSet (1000+ I think?) I've never had a dark ages, just a couple of grey phases so I picked up a lot of sets upon original release, although I have a habit of leaving purchases saying ' I'll buy it next week' and then months later a set gets discontinued!! I did this with 10184 Town Plan for some unknown reason and almost cried.

Even though I've been collectin' a while I've never really been into the whole online community thing, so I've pretty much kept myself to myself. but since takin' the plunge and being active on this forum it's been a great experience and I've been in contact with some truly awesome people. I was looking to set up a display in the Midlands sometime but since my son has been born time is a commodity I don't always have, but I'm hoping to display as much as possible next year!!

My main Lego interest is my Town layout which resides in one of the rooms in my house and sits on a board that measures 3m x 1.5m. the town is 3 baseplates by 10 baseplates and has 9V and PF train track circling it complete with sidings and 2 stations. An elevated monorail runs through the town passing modular buildings aswell as custom houses and shops.

My next project which I'm just starting is a 1m x 1m medieval riverside village which I'm hoping to document in a blog - http://my-build-blog.blogspot.com/ when I get the time!!

I'm not a big builder, luckily my wife loves Lego aswell so apart from MOCs she pretty much builds all my standard Lego sets that go on display around the house. My favourite themes and sets are -

6601 Ice Cream Cart - My first Set I had as a child and still sits proudly in my town, although it is a bit big!!

Star Wars - sets 6211 Star Destroyer, 7658 Y-Wing and 8038 Battle of Endor
I'm a huge Star Wars Fan (Geek) (I'm writing this listening to the Commentary on the new ANH Blu Ray)

Divers - 6559 Deep Sea Bounty

Trains - 4512 Cargo Train and 10128 Level crossing

Pirates - 6243 Brickbeards Bounty and 6278 Enchanted Island

Sets I don't have which I want - 10027 Train Shed (might build from scratch) and 6766 Rapid River Village

Apart from lego my main interests are

Football - Tottenham Hotspur FC
Films - I have a HUGE collection faves include Spielberg, Christopher Nolan, Kevin Smith,Zack Snyder, Coen brothers and cheesy Zombie Movies!!
Music - Springsteen,Bon Jovi, Oasis,SRV, Kenny Chesney and I play a white Fender Strat
TV - Sopranos, Game Of Thrones, Blue Bloods, Frasier, American Dad, ER.

Check out my Trades thread and say HI!!

Comments

• StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    I too have never been into the whole online community thing until I joined this forum, and its been great, especially since I don't personally know any other LEGO nutters in my real life!

Looking forward to your Medieval Village, Castle is probably my top theme and love the newer civilian-type sets (MMV and Mill Village Raid). Hoping they release more, even something small like a peasant with horse and cart.

I play a dark-red Gibson SG! Cut my teeth on Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd!

• atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    edited September 2011
    ^^ nice to read a bit of background about you Wes. I work in Stoke Prior, just one junction down from the Worcester junction on the M5 and live in Cheltenham so as far as I know, you are the closest forum member to me geographically!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,568
    Nice to meet you! This is my first online forum too and I agree everyone is really welcoming. Really looking forward to seeing the progress of your Medieval Village.

You have great taste in music and films (Bon Jovi don't get enough credit IMHO), shame about the football team! :)
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
    I should be posting some pictures soon on my blog of what I intend to do with my medieval village, it' gonna be based around MMV and MVR. Just waiting for my next delivery of pieces to arrive!

@StuBoy - If you own a SG you have to play AC/DC! It's the law!

@Atkinsar - Not a million miles away at all! I don't live too far from Worcester so if your ever in the area or likewise? Beer?

@LostInTranslation - GARETH BALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a huge collection of CDs which are slowly gettin' put on banks of hard drives to make way for even more Lego. As for Bon Jovi, These Days is just pure class!
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,486
    ^ Mine's a vintage cherry sunburst Les Paul custom - maybe it's time for a Brickset jam......
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
    ^ Nice!
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,865
    or brickset band?
    @collect_that - Ha! I only learned Hells Bells and the intro to Thunderstruck. Great band though!
    ^^Maybe we could do a few covers....Pink Floyds' Another Brick in the Wall?