Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Monthly Mini Model Build (MMMB) Program Is Ending

2»

Comments

• DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    So I started this thread 5 years ago, and turned out I was wrong then.   But I had recently heard a rumor that March 2019 was the last ever MMMB.   Sure enough, the April calendar is out, and there is no MMMB in April.   However there is an Earth Day build, so it's unclear yet if the mini build is just changing to something different, or if it's actually ending.   We should have a better idea when we see the May calendar.

Pretty amazing that this program actually ran for 10 years, 4 months.   There are something like 130 different sets.  (In the early years there were a couple months that had two builds and at least one month that had different sets in US and EU.)
    Bumblepantssid3windr
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,338
    I got the feeling there will always be a monthly build of some kind. I just think this frees them up from it always being the first Tuesday of the month. Also my understanding is you have to go into the store to sign up now.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,878
    Be cool if someone created a "Loot Box" approach with a new mini custom model per month for a reasonable price. 
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 240
    On the [email protected] website for Minibuilds, they've added this blurb:  

As of April 2019 the mini build program will no longer be offered in stores, but you can still download building instructions here to create the models at home! Get creative with the bricks you have, or visit the Pick & Build wall in your local store to find more!

So, we should have downloadable instructions ongoing and, perhaps some will still be in-store builds, but maybe just for holidays or special events?!?!?  

I for one, love the monthly instructions and would miss those if they disappeared!