Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

logo batman 3

Why is it the retailer game are advertising lego batman 3 with free mini figure when you pre order,but when you go to order there are 2 games identical game content but 1 comes with the mini figure and 1 doesn't, if you want the free bonus mini.figure it's £2 more so it' not free,game have acknowledged both game are exactly the same but won't say why they are charging for the free bonus mini figure

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,911
    They've often charged more for the minifig version. In the UK they don't call it free though, just a different version.
  • juedropjuedrop Member Posts: 2
    There a rip off,no one else is charging and on there Facebook page it says free mini figure when you pre order, but on website there is 2 to pre order 1 with mini figure& 1 without & there's a £2 price difference, for exactly the same game,no extra content
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,442
    The way I see it they are entitled to do that, they probably had to pay to get the minifigure exclusive and them having it is the very reason I ordered with them. Frankly I'd pay £5 for the minifigure alone. The only other retailer to have a good exclusive is the Clark Kent minifigure that game with the BluRay - which I already have so is of no interest to me personally. All the rest is just batman related ephemera.
    juedrop said:

There a rip off,no one else is charging

So buy from someone else.
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    It it different packaging or does he just come in a polybag?
    The previous Batman / Lex was different packaging. It was the same case, but in a cardboard sleeve with the poly inside. Although that was not actually just a pre-order, it was available for purchase at any time.

I suspect this one is the same, available to pre-order, but also available after the game is released.
    Usually they have an additional box with both game and polybag in
    edited November 2014
    I suspected it would be like Lego City Undercover with the free Emmett figure.

Ive just pre-ordered it for the Xbox One for £44.99 anyway, it seems like a good price when you deduct the price he is selling for.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,944

I suspected it would be like Lego City Undercover with the free Emmett figure.

Wait, do you mean TLM Video Game? Or Undercover with the police guy? :-)
    ^Chase McCain
    Oh sorry, i meant Chase McCain.
    In marginally related news, the entire Lego video game range is on sale on Steam this weekend (except for Disney titles - PotC, SW, IJ, etc). Everything is £75 off - ie, each game is less than £4 - except for the Batman pre-order, which is 10% off. (PC only, no consoles, obviously)

So, £27 for Batman 3 (PC) + "Season pass" (ie, 6 upcoming DLC packs) + £5 for minifig on ebay/Bricklink = £32, which is: a) cheaper than most console versions, b) the only way to get the minifig/DLC on PC.
    ^ £5? Seems very cheap. I imagine £10-12 is more realistic.
    CCC said:

^ £5? Seems very cheap. I imagine £10-12 is more realistic.

Ah. I was just going on this:
    Shib said:

Frankly I'd pay £5 for the minifigure alone.

I don't know much about buying exclusive figs on the after market. Still, the revised £37-39 is still cheaper than a lot of console versions.
    ^My £5 comment was in response to the comments that adding £2 for the figure was unfair.