Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

2014 Brickset Secret Santa

12345679»

Comments

• msandersmsanders Member Posts: 891
    Oh no! I need to get the detectives from the detective office to find my secret Santa....!
    Shib
  • Mrs_WobbleheadMrs_Wobblehead UKMember Posts: 22
    @margot the tin appears to be Lego City? It has a best before date on the bottom (30.10.2000) so I'm thinking it may have been full of sweets / candy rather than Lego? If anyone can shed any light on what it was used for as I couldn't find anything on the net.
    My Santa did a great job, the tin was full of quirky old school sets, modern poly bags and chocolate minifigs - yum yum! Thank you once again santa :wink: image
    Shibpricey73GothamConstructionComargotLostInTranslationcarlqsnowhitieandhe
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    edited January 2015
    ^I have that same tin. I had it in 1999 (so the 2000 expiry date sounds about right!), from before my brother was born! If I remember correctly, it had chocolate chip cookies in, but I was only 5 or 6 years old at the time...now it has my brother and my collection of angled/round/wing/bow spare pieces! (And is in significantly worse condition...)

[Edit] Now that I think about it, it came with a free polybag of #2884, which I also still have somewhere. Look at the description on the set details and it says it was packaged for free with biscuits from Tesco's, which sounds about right.
    Mrs_WobbleheadLostInTranslationpricey73carlqmargotchuckpShibSirBenandhe
  • Mrs_WobbleheadMrs_Wobblehead UKMember Posts: 22
    ^ @plasmodium‌ Tin mystery solved, thank you very much :smiley:
    pricey73
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    I just looked up #2884 on Ebay and so funny how many times I find myself in @prevere 's shop.
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310
    Just a rather delayed note to say thanks Secret Santa! Its just want I wanted! :smiley:
  • cjorgenscjorgens Member Posts: 4
    I'm finally catching up on things after all the holiday festivities and traveling and I just wanted to give a belated shout out and thank you to my secret santa. I loved all my goodies, especially the retro spaceman!

Also, thanks to @CapnRex101 and @rancorbait‌ for organizing this for everyone.
    Mrs_WobbleheadLostInTranslationtheLEGOmanGothamConstructionCocarlqAdzbadboybrickedinLegoKipsnowhitie
  • EKSamEKSam Member Posts: 349
    edited January 2015
    I would like to thank my secret santa for the #31021 Furry Creatures:-), it is cute and much appreciated. My apologies for the late update, I picked up the package from my neighbor this morning.
    carlqrancorbait
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,248
    ^Just look at all those clearance stickers. @Thanos75‌ you really do live in the LEGO promised land.
    andhe
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,088
    Nice one @iso3200‌ - added my support :-)
    iso3200trax_3
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 891
    iso3200 said:

msanders said:

margot said:

^WHOA...... cool!!!
    I want to buy one of those.

I know! Its brilliant. Whilst I was building I thought it would be great to have as an official Lego set. After Christmas may be the Secret Santa will submit it to Ideas or share the instructions.
    OK, I think @msanders has been wondering who his SS was for long enough so it's time to come clean. And I must say I was overjoyed at the reaction to my MOC. So much so that I have indeed submitted my first model to the Hover Scout and Recharge Dock project on Lego Ideas.

I can't say I'm expecting much, but if a few hundred people were to support it I think I'd be quite thrilled, as this is the first time I've really sat down and thought a project through from start to finish for possible submission.

Who knows @margot, with the right support, maybe one day you *could* buy one ;-)

Thank you so much Secret Santa! It was such a great present and so much thought went into it. I'll definitely be adding my support. It's still on display with the Exo suit. Love it!
    iso3200
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    @iso3200‌ adding my support for your project too in the hope we Yanks get a chance to own one.
    Good luck!
    iso3200