Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2014 Brickset Secret Santa

Comments

• legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited November 2014
    samiam391 said:

I saw this thread when it was first posted and was most eager to participate. Forgot to write... very busy month of... void of any Brickset visits.

Yep. Similar story here. Meant to. Forgot. Lost two weeks somewhere. Too late. So I will have to make do with heckling from the sidelines. Harrumph! Broohaha! Humbug!
    :o)

...If anyone finds an 'Early-to-Mid November 2014' wandering about looking somewhat disorientated and confused, it's probably mine. :oP
    AndorcarlqGothamConstructionCo
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    Done!
    Shopped, sealed, sent. :D
    carlq
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,510
    Same here. Tracking it along the way.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Mine has arrived. I was notified to look for it by @CapnRex101 fortunately!. Wrapped the whole box in paper and it's going to go under the tree.
    carlq
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,217
    All sorted on mine, hope the recipient likes it!
    carlq
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 905
    This is my first year doing this and I'm so excited. My present arrived today so thank you to whoever sent this (I can play the detective and try to figure out who sent it.....!). What's the etiquette on here about discussing the presents? I haven't opened it but there are clues on the outside......should I reveal these clues?

I've bought all of the items for my secret Santa and ready to send it soon.
    carlqLegoKip
    Don't see why you cant talk about it.

Pictures are welcomed.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    ^ Absolutely. You can crack open your gift whenever you wish @msanders - now, on the big day or some other time :o)

Revealing clues would be fun!
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    This year, my BrickSet secret Santa is also my advent calendar. Every day I open my mailbox to look for secret santa's package.. it is like having a advent calendar with 23 empty days :)
    rancorbaitLegoKipcarlqAndorandhe
    Hmmm, didn't really write anything on mine, I was too busy stuffing the box full of LEGO.

This year, my BrickSet secret Santa is also my advent calendar. Every day I open my mailbox to look for secret santa's package.. it is like having a advent calendar with 23 empty days :)

rancorbaitColoradoBricks
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936

Advent calendar Russian roulette.
    rancorbait
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 449
    The bar is already set very high on the packaging front. Love the effort that has gone into @msanders‌ gift!

In time honoured tradition my wife will be wrapping for my recipient...... Otherwise she won't let it leave the house
    Shibpricey73margot
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,833
    I at least wrapped mine this time. That counts for something right?
    Shibbrickedin
    I'm still in the middle of uni deadlines, so I've only had time to think about it perfunctorily, so you're all ahead of me. XD
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    I must order my gifts tonight! ':)
    I am also not sure if I should make something or just buy... hmmm
    ShibGothamConstructionCo
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 882
    Bricks are all ordered, just need to finish the extra 'fun' part tonight!
    margotShibrancorbait
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Just got mine finished. Have to wrap it and mail it out :) hope they like it!!
    Shib
    Items ordered, just hope the bricklink seller gets a move on to invoice me :)
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 729
    My present has arrived already and is now sitting under the tree where it's been receiving a lot of attention from our cats :-)

I'm just waiting on a final Bricklink order and I can send mine out.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,835
    I got mine, but I thought it was the shop-at-home order I placed. Oops. :)
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 542
    Mine should be in the post by tomorrow to the lucky person.
  • kioko21kioko21 United KingdomMember Posts: 77
    Got everything ready for mine, just need to wrap and post out!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    My Secret Santa was very organised and left my present for me at Brick last week.
    I on the other hand am still in the "development phase" of getting my gift ready. I've got ideas just need to get it together!

I on the other hand am still in the "development phase" of getting my gift ready. I've got ideas just need to get it together!

Exactly. R and D. That's where I'm at. You tell 'em that if they're getting impatient, @rancorbait‌. :P
    rancorbait
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    I received what I think it is my Secret Santa :) I have no BrickLink order on the way and it is unmarked, sounds like LEGO when shaken.. but could be cheese as it is from WI ;-)
    margotAndor
    edited December 2014
    So Secret Santa shippers, you know you can write all over the outside of your package, right? Things like SECRET SANTA!!! DO NOT OPEN UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!! etc etc Don't send mystery packages when all of us order tons of Lego already.
    Unless it's wrapped, then all is good!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    I hate you.
    carlqmargot
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 214
    Shopped, sent and received mine too! Oh my ghod, I want to open it! Left under tree, hope my daughter doesn't find it!
  • EKSamEKSam Member Posts: 349
    edited December 2014
    @carlq‌
    You are so lucky! That is beyond awesome.

Arright, bought the gift, wrapped it, boxed it. Will mail it soon. :-) Really hope they like it. After seeing @carlq's gift I am not so sure.

carlq
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    EKSam said:

@carlq‌
    You are so lucky! That is beyond awesome.

Arright, bought the gift, wrapped it, boxed it. Will mail it soon. :-) Really hope they like it. After seeing @carlq's gift I am not so sure.

I should point out that the above was the SS gift I received last year from @CapnRex101‌, not this year's (which hasn't come yet, but which I am waiting for with great anticipation!) - it's treasured by me, and even Mrs Q openly admires it! :-)
    EKSam
    Just picked mine up after a 20 min wait at the post office. Very curious and driving the kids nuts already!
    margot
    Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I wonder who on the thread is going to crack first and who will post that they cracked first.
    margotiso3200AndorcarlqLegoKipiamterry
    I wont do it at least until mine is sent, hopefully Thursday. Then the kids may 'accidentally' rip it open.
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 857
    edited December 2014
    If anyone hasn't yet shipped their items in the USA, there is an ad in today's Staples circular (and online) for 20% off shipping through Saturday the 13th. See page 16
    http://weeklyad.staples.com/StaplesSD/WeeklyAd?storeid=2278399#!/store/2278399/promotion
    Or you can use the Direct link here. Happy SS'ing! I'm off in a bit to use my coupon!
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310
    Mine has arrived, and is sitting there in its wrapping paper taunting me!

Now I need to sort out what I'm sending. @CapnRex101‌ is setting a high bar....
    AndorLostInTranslation
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,952
    2kg of Lego sent!
    joel4motionAndorEKSamandhe
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    edited December 2014
    I have part 1 of my present ready now. Part 2 is the creative part and requires more thought.

I left my Secret Santa present at my mum's this weekend so I can't be tempted by it until I go back on 20th December. I realise now there are gorgeous Lego-made baubles attached to the parcels too, never took a pic but will do when I'm back.
    carlq
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,835

Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I wonder who on the thread is going to crack first and who will post that they cracked first.

Might as well be me. I opened mine when I got it because I thought it was the rest of a shop-at-home order I had placed. It turns out it was my Secret Santa gift from shop-at-home. :/

I got #40112 and #5002127.
    margottheLEGOmancarlqLostInTranslation
    Right. :-) There is significantly less Lego on eBay now...

But I did have a 'D'oh!' moment, when I realised I'd sent my orders to my parents' home, not to my uni accommodation...still, it should be done well before Christmas.
    carlq

Might as well be me. I opened mine when I got it because I thought it was the rest of a shop-at-home order I had placed. It turns out it was my Secret Santa gift from shop-at-home. :/

I got #40112 and #5002127.
    I guess you don't really count as you didn't purposely open your gift, so you are spared from being the first to crack.

Build away.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    I hope everybody is progressing nicely now that we are a few days into December.

I am sending a message out to all North American participants to check on your gift statuses. No need to worry if you have not sent or received your gift yet, I just want to make sure everything arrives :o)

@rancorbait‌ will be doing the same for participants in the UK.
    LegoKip
    I have received all my elements for my nominated person. I just need to get round to wrapping and shipping! :)
    carlqmargot
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I will be sending mine out Friday morning. I left all the price stickers on the sets to show how far I was able stretch the $20. ....hope they are happy with it.
    TheBrickLadd
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    Happy to say, both my gift and the last elements for the gift I'm sending (yes, it seems I hadn't finished, despite gloating messages to the contrary ;-) arrived last night. I'll be wrapping tonight, and posting tomorrow. My gift is now proudly, and excitingly, lodged beneath the tree. :-)
    My gift arrived today, cheers.

I have received all my elements for my nominated person. I just need to get round to wrapping and shipping! :)

Me too
    TheBrickLadd