The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

[US] YoYo.com 20% off 3+ LEGO sets

thenosthenos Member Posts: 345
As the title states, yoyo.com is having an extra 20% off certain LEGO sets until the 30th. Picked up two friends animals and the Mos Eisley cantina (which was already $6 off for a total of 27% off... It's like they know).
madforLEGO

Comments

• Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,391
    YOYO is starting to mark up sets just like TRU except that TRU has B&M stores. It won't be long until they're out of business...
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 690
    edited October 2014

YOYO is starting to mark up sets just like TRU except that TRU has B&M stores. It won't be long until they're out of business...

Yoyo is simply a marketing arm/sales channel of Amazon.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO USMember Posts: 8,903
    Their system is a bit messed up. Cap on discount is supposed to be 50, but only getting 40 off of my items.
    System is not messed up, yoyo.com 3 for 20% off is capped at 40, not 50 as it said on the site, they are fixing it
    Ok, weird LEGO Creator Bike shop and cafe are showing 44 dollars off for 2.
  • richlrichl Member Posts: 240
    ^That's because the Bike Shop is listed at $89.99 and reduced to $84.99. You get 20% off the $84.99 ($17) - for two copies that comes to $34 off the reduced price BUT the system also includes the initial reduction of $5 a piece in the 'you saved' section - so $34 for the 20% and a further $10 for the two $5 reductions: $44.

I had a similar confusion over how the Cantina discount was working earlier.
    madforLEGO
    edited October 2014
    Thanks @thenos for drawing attention to this and thanks @richl‌ for the discount explanation. I opted for the Creator sets because I know one of them is going as a Christmas present for my nephews.
    I'm guessing another such sale will occur sometime so I can hopefully get a couple of Cantinas.
    The 40 dollar cap was a bit disappointing because I would have like to get the cargo trains for a bit more off, but will wait and hope the 50 cap is not gone for good.
  • Corwin12Corwin12 Member Posts: 29
    So I placed an order tonight and submitted it and then realized I used the wrong payment method (it was a saved credit card.) I wanted to use my Discover Card for the extra 5% off. So I cancelled the order and tried to reorder. D'oh, the code only works once. So I called customer service and a very nice woman advised me that she could activate the code on her end after I placed the order in the form of a refund to my credit card. She told me the maximum discount is $50.00.
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    In case someone has AMEX offers, the "$20 credit for $100 at casa.com" offer will apply to yoyo.com order. I got in an order at $100.88 (all sets below MSRP + 20% off), with 5% cash back and $20 credit with AMEX; about 40% all sets in my order (had to pay tax).
    richl
  • richlrichl Member Posts: 240
    ^How did you get the 5% on top? Is it the type of Amex you use?
    ^It's cash back from upromise. I also have the upromise credit card which also offers an additional 5% in addition to the 5% cash back link. However, for this case, I only pulled the trigger because of the AMEX $20 offer.
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 394
    ^^ So you don't have to pay with your Upromise card, just go through their link to get 5%? Just curious how you got the AMEX cashback through another's affiliate program.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up for the AMEX cashback.
    edited October 2014
    ^^Yes, that is right, clicking the link and make a purchase with any card will earn 5% cash back.

With Upromise, after you have click the link, *IF* you also purchased with Upromise credit card, you will also get an additional 5%. Thus you can potentially get 10% (or more)! I do end up using the upromise website often.

However, although upromise does sometimes offer the best cash back, it is NOT my favorite cash back website. It takes days for the cash back to actually show up at the site. The credit card side (runs by Barclay bank) is also not so great; months to show up as pending and then wait some more to actually get the confirmation. Even worse, sometimes you do not get any cash back at all.

Customer support will give you the run around if you call them. They may say it takes up to 90 days for the credit to show up and trying to convince me that it is not a problem, since I can continue to track the transaction for up to a year. They promise they will work to get you your cash back. Yeah... if I don't get my cash back after 90 days, there is no more leverage on my part to threaten to return the items.

In any case, so far, the net gain for me is still higher than most other sites, so I still use them. And in their defense, if the vendor decides to screw Upromise, then they really are not obligated pay us. But if they burn me again, I probably will look elsewhere.

Lastly, for Amazon, there is rarely any cash back for toys. So I always try to remind myself to do a click-thru here at Brickset to support the site.