Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Microfighters - A Great Collection or Waste of Money?

12346»

Comments

• VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,315
    Overall, I find Series 3 to be pretty disappointing from all the pictures I've seen.
    xiahna
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    l honestly don't like any of these series 3. l loved all the old ones though.
    edited November 2015
    I wish they had done a few of the ones I did my own MOCs of... Would have been interesting to see how close my designs were to what TLG put out there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cjblkcz
    xiahna
    Btw, any Microfighters fans who are also Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D fans, you can vote for the next two vehicles to be added to the set.

http://ideas.lego.com/projects/102337/updates
    xiahna
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,349
    While #75125 doesn't look as good as the older x-wing, I think thats likely more down to the source material, I'll definitely be getting it for the mini figure though, if nothing else the Microfighters subtheme has been great for some interesting figures.

#75126 looks pretty darn good to me, I've not been watching the trailers particularly so can't comment too much on accuracy, but it looks a really good chibi version from what I've seen.
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 497
    edited November 2015
    I agree with Shib about #75126, and I quite like the others in this series as well. But I don't take SW all that seriously, which may account for why I find the chibi cuteness amusing rather than sacrilegious!
    Personally, I think I might try sourcing the parts for my own Microfighters...

The more I hear about SW EP7, the less I'm looking forward to it, but I know others are, so decided to make EP7 Microfighters I think look a little better than what TLG is putting out for Series 3.

TheBigLegoskiCoolguy5000Kevin_HyattLegoboyxwingpilotxiahnaObiWanKenobi
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 859
    Cool. Now I'll have three ghosts. Each with a new pilot.
    Coolguy5000kiki180703
  • tecjamtecjam Germany / SwitzerlandMember Posts: 255
    VorpalRyu said:
    Overall, I find Series 3 to be pretty disappointing from all the pictures I've seen.
    This! I own all of the series 1 & 2, and I do like the little ~ 100 piece builds and they are great for parts (at least some are if you get them discounted).

But the new 6 models that make up series 3 are just all rather meh .. I was hoping for at least 1 from the OT, maybe an Imperial shuttle or something we havn't had yet or a much better designed Star Destroyer (than the prvevious) that actually has an angled surface.

That said, I'll probably still get them when I see them at a discount.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    To this day the only one of these I really like is the chibi landspeeder. It's the only one I'd really like to own. I wouldn't mind having the Slave 1 either but it still doesn't capture the original vehicle like the landspeeder does.

I wonder what a chibi speeder bike would look like. That's the only other SW vehicle I can think of that the rider would actually be normally sitting on.

I'd like a chibi LEGO tauntaun, dewback and bantha.
  • vadangvadang Member Posts: 47
    Not that excited about series 3.  I really like the microfighter series as a whole, but some of these S3 are just boring.  X-wing and ghost are okay, but the rest are meh.  I'll still get them of course, cause I can't stop collecting them now.
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    I don't really like the Series 3 ones, but part of that could be the fact I haven't really seen much of Rebels at all.
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    VorpalRyu said:
    I decided to make EP7 Microfighters I think look a little better than what TLG is putting out for Series 3.

@VorpalRyu I certainly prefer your X-wing, especially how you've designed the split engines and included the Astromech droid. A worthy successor to the classic X-wing from Series 1:

kiki180703
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    waste of money
    For any die hard Microfighters fans, this Series 1 shop display was just linked from the news section of the main site:

http://auction.catawiki.com/kavels/4408363-star-wars-display-case-with-a-o-75028- -75032-clone-turbo-tank- -x-wing-fighter
    thedingman5
  • ObiWanKenobiObiWanKenobi SpainMember Posts: 19
    edited February 2016
    I own all of the series 1 , 2 and 3. I love them! Can't wait for the next wave :)
    ^ MUST HAVE!!!!
    I'll have to get that book as well.

Not sure when I'll try and get my hands on Series 3. Will probably happen as money falls into place. I do think it's a bit weak compared to the first two series though.
    edited March 2016
    ^^^ For some reason I'm not sure about adding that to my collection.

Perhaps it's because it's not an official Microfighter, or maybe it's just that it's nowhere near as good as this Y-Wing Microfighter MOC over on MOCpages:

http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/402887
    AllBrick
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 208
    edited August 2016
    I got that Build Your Own Adventure book in the mail over the weekend and I really like the Y-Wing model.  For some reason, I thought it wouldn't fit in with the other retail releases. 

catwranglerxwingpilot77ncaachampsDrmnez
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 594
    I finally went ahead and got it. With it being $10.99, it seemed more than a reasonable price.

I'm enjoying the original trilogy Microfighters. I wish they would stay to the movies rather than the rebels.
    xwingpilotsolid_strider
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 208
    I'm sticking to OT too, but I did get the Ghost as I'm a fan of Rebels.  I hope they redo the Slave 1 for retail like they did with the Ghost.
    77ncaachamps
    Given 2018's Series 5 ST and twin-pack sets with pointless additional mini-builds I'm so glad I collected all the OT sets from Series 1, 2 and 4 (if you count the Y-Wing as an OT set).
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,687
    The new ones look neat, especially the ski speeder. I do wonder why Lego didn't make the AT-M6's head the same way they built the poly version, though. Not excited about the new Falcon. The first one was perfectly fine. Now when will we see a Slave I?
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 778
    Interested to see how they would do Slave 1 at that scale - maybe why we haven't had one yet?
    Anything else folk would particularly like to see as a microfighter?  Personally I'd like to see a Sandcrawler, and maybe Luke's Landspeeder.
    FowlerBricksFizyx
    An Imperial Hovertank would be pretty awesome.
    I'd like to see an N-1 Naboo Starfighter. They already have a base setup for the regular droid starfighters too, since they did a Vulture Droid in Series 2.

A Sandcrawler would make a good microfighter, and could be paired with a stormtrooper on a dewback. Continuing with a Tatooine type theme, Luke with his X-34 Landspeeder could be paired with a Tusken Raider on a Bantha.

I think the best way to do a Slave I now, since they've already done the Millennium Falcon twice, would be to do Jango's and pair it with Obi-Wan's Delta 7 Jedi Starfighter. 
    FowlerBricksstlux
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,082
    5 out of 6 are on the want list. Have no interest in the updated Falcon & already have a Chewie.
    FowlerBricks77ncaachamps
    Toc13 said:
    5 out of 6 are on the want list. Have no interest in the updated Falcon & already have a Chewie.
    My thoughts exactly!
    77ncaachamps
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    I'd like to see an N-1 Naboo Starfighter. They already have a base setup for the regular droid starfighters too, since they did a Vulture Droid in Series 2.

A Sandcrawler would make a good microfighter, and could be paired with a stormtrooper on a dewback. Continuing with a Tatooine type theme, Luke with his X-34 Landspeeder could be paired with a Tusken Raider on a Bantha.

I think the best way to do a Slave I now, since they've already done the Millennium Falcon twice, would be to do Jango's and pair it with Obi-Wan's Delta 7 Jedi Starfighter. 
    Not sure if a Bantha would work. I mean, you can do with with bricks, but the theme has been ships.

Of course, that is not to say that they couldn't use animals.

+1 to Naboo Starfighter
    +1 to Landspeeder (though it has already been done as an NYCC exclusive)
    +1 to Slave (though it was a SW Celebration exclusive)
    +1 to Jango's Slave 1
    +1 to Obi-Wan's Starfighter

Would like to see:
    - Cloud City Car
    - AT-TE
    - ANY tie-bomber
    - B-wing
    - Naboo Royal Cruiser
    - Gungan Sub
    - Any of the new ships from TLJ
    FowlerBricks
    edited December 2017
    I fear that OT vehicles are now a thing of the past. Technically there were only 4 in Series 1 and 2 in Series 2. After that there was the RO Y-wing in Series 4, but that was it.
    There are still plenty of vehicles they could potentially do from the OT/PT, but with Disney's current push to validate the turd trilogy, I don't expect anything more from the OT/PT eras.

In amongst my microfighter ideas, I came up with a few for SW, they can be found here:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/cjblkcz/albums/72157652267209033
    xiahna
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,487
    ^ Those microfighters are great! Of course, I didn’t recognize half of them.